Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Erwin the German posted:

Is it bad that I sorta like Chloe more than Aerie right now? I keep waiting for Chloe to be truly intolerable, but it's just not happening yet. She's just sorta vaguely edgy for the most part, I dunno. Probably helps that it's not romantic, though.
While i wouldn't put her above Aerie, I too kind of don't mind Chloe yet, though I don't doubt that it's only due to the very specific context. It's weird because being so much of an obvious Mary Sue actually kinds of helps her because it invites comparisons to the other Mary Sue, and that sets a ridiculously low bar. Like, I keep being positively surprised by her banters simply because she actually has a personality and doesn't automatically get along with everyone else.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Carpator Diei posted:

While i wouldn't put her above Aerie, I too kind of don't mind Chloe yet, though I don't doubt that it's only due to the very specific context. It's weird because being so much of an obvious Mary Sue actually kinds of helps her because it invites comparisons to the other Mary Sue, and that sets a ridiculously low bar. Like, I keep being positively surprised by her banters simply because she actually has a personality and doesn't automatically get along with everyone else.

Again, this goes completely out the window if the PC is female.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

That update had a lot of words I didnt read

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Shauhana and all this orc stuff is part of Sandrah's mod, right? I'm getting a bad feeling it all exists for Sandrah to be their white savior.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Sindai posted:

Shauhana and all this orc stuff is part of Sandrah's mod, right? I'm getting a bad feeling it all exists for Sandrah to be their white savior.

its going to be like 'actually she was never an orc at all, she was hot and caucasian all along' huh

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Ramc posted:

its going to be like 'actually she was never an orc at all, she was hot and caucasian all along' huh

Well, one version of her, at least. According to her portraits there are five or six available :v:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly, I'm impressed by the sheer narrowness of Roxanne's idea of beauty/hotness that she apparently can't imagine a sexy half-orc lady. It's gotta be a part-orc lady who looks human! I can get you multiple different kinds of beauty in half-orc ladies in a page or of Google Image Search.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Midnight Voyager posted:

Honestly, I'm impressed by the sheer narrowness of Roxanne's idea of beauty/hotness that she apparently can't imagine a sexy half-orc lady. It's gotta be a part-orc lady who looks human! I can get you multiple different kinds of beauty in half-orc ladies in a page or of Google Image Search.

And yet she was fine with the lizard lady. Guessing the orc thing is more about racism.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

You just had to have Romantic Encounters on top of all this other crap, too, didn't you :negative:

e: got too distracted by other mod content. I did like the Boo quest, but i'm never going to install it again because you kind of have to do it if you're going to use Minsc and it's a lot of running around and i Could Not Be Arsed.

vilkacis fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 14, 2021

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Black Robe posted:

And yet she was fine with the lizard lady. Guessing the orc thing is more about racism.

Orcs are usually coded for black people, and Roxanne is apparently European, so...

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
So it's the same idea as whoever replaced anyone remotely dark skinned with portraits of random lily-white models, only with constant attention drawn there to?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Oh wow, here I am not reading the forums as much for a couple of weeks and suddenly Vichan is already knee deep in Boolerion's Baldur's Gate 2 content. But catching up filled an otherwise boring workday just fine, so yay! :v: Anyway, here is the updated network (which already gets increasingly hard to keep legible):

I don't know which was funnier, the whole "Boolerion" thing or the random bath scene where the mod just needed to hint at Minsc apparently having a massive cock

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

You could just replace Sandrah with a black hole, the sheer amount of lines from her already makes it look like one.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Any more of this nonsense and we're going to need to transition to a 3D model.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

System Metternich posted:

Minsc apparently having a massive cock
Excuse you, it's a miniature giant space cock :colbert:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Oh wow, here I am not reading the forums as much for a couple of weeks and suddenly Vichan is already knee deep in Boolerion's Baldur's Gate 2 content. But catching up filled an otherwise boring workday just fine, so yay! :v: Anyway, here is the updated network (which already gets increasingly hard to keep legible):

I don't know which was funnier, the whole "Boolerion" thing or the random bath scene where the mod just needed to hint at Minsc apparently having a massive cock

don't forget the part where it is revealed Midnight had a fling with Chole's favorite lady poet because sandrah had the first edition book with the dedication

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay...Sandrah literally manipulated Aerie into sex by giving her hopes of medicine.

This orc saga is really loving boring. I thought Roxxane had a weird talent for creating modestly okay characters outside of Sandrah but this is just walls of text about what is a paper-thin excuse to not be racist.

The Beast craves more.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Just want to apologize in advance, you're going to have your work cut out for you going forward.

Seriously though, thanks for doing this. It really puts this trainwreck into perspective.

(Midnight should probably be coupled with Celeste. Safana's also missing. She definitely slept with Coran, Vichan also romanced her in SoD.)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mans posted:

Okay...Sandrah literally manipulated Aerie into sex by giving her hopes of medicine.

I had to re-read that and...

Yeah, I'm calling this another one in Sandrah's rape counter.

Lysan Lurraxol
Jun 27, 2013
I may not have fully grasped the grand Sandrah lore rewrite, but Drizzt has slept with Sandrah and her mum and her grandmother??

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
A most rare accomplishment known as the Matryoshka.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I shudder at night for it's just a matter of time before the beast comes for me, that thin 4th wall will not stop her!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Ramc posted:

don't forget the part where it is revealed Midnight had a fling with Chole's favorite lady poet because sandrah had the first edition book with the dedication

Vichan posted:

(Midnight should probably be coupled with Celeste. Safana's also missing. She definitely slept with Coran, Vichan also romanced her in SoD.)

Thanks for the help, and please don't hesitate to tell me when (not if) I miss any of the many, many hookups! :) Here is the updated version:

And yeah, the combination of Sandrah plus the romantic encounters mod really makes me shudder. By the end the network is probably gonna look like two black holes engaged in an eternal dance, swallowing everything that comes near either of them

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I do NOT look forward to you getting to the Underdark with the Romantic Encounters mod. When I was looking to see WTF the Centeol thing was, I noticed... well. Let's just say you too can join Sandrah in some stuff that sounds REAL dub-con in there.

(Also my username is still making me crawl out of my skin every so often in this. :v: "I hosed who now?")

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 14, 2021

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The underdark?! Does Sandrah have a sudden need to fill her bed with giant spiders and shrieking mushrooms?:barf:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

By popular demand posted:

The underdark?! Does Sandrah have a sudden need to fill her bed with giant spiders and shrieking mushrooms?:barf:

lmao "sudden"

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The underdark?! Does Sandrah have a sudden need to fill her bed with giant spiders and shrieking mushrooms? :barf:

Mind flayers, beholders, and kuo-toa, oh my. :getin:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

It's not Sandrah-related, it's a terrible thing you can do all on your own!

Solaufein gets sent to the sex pits or whatever as a punishment... and you can take advantage of it.

I don't know how it plays out, but it took me from "Romantic Encounters is dumb but whatever" straight to "WOAH, MODDER, WOAH". I just mentioned Sandrah because you are participating in her favorite activity, sex of UNCOMFORTABLY LOW levels of consent.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm sticking with my original guess that someone winds up loving the Spectator in this morass of mods, but that spoilered bit there, geez :stare:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

I brought my Drake posted:

Mind flayers, beholders, and kuo-toa, oh my. :getin:
At the risk of sounding weird: That would at least be interesting! Provided that it remains consensual (which, unfortunately, is probably too much to ask from this mod), I'd honestly prefer something like that to this endless deluge of conventionally attractive humanoids somehow managing to make a ridiculously active sex life look dreadfully boring.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The Romantic Encounters for BG1 isn't much better in that regard, there's an encounter for female thieves in Candlekeep where if you try to loot a pearl at the inn a guard coerces you into spanking/whipping and then sex where the only silver lining is you have an option at any moment to tell him "gently caress off", which isn't even much. And apparently it was even worse before.

I dread to think what this all would look like if Vichan had been a girl instead.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

The Romantic Encounters for BG1 isn't much better in that regard, there's an encounter for female thieves in Candlekeep where if you try to loot a pearl at the inn a guard coerces you into spanking/whipping and then sex where the only silver lining is you have an option at any moment to tell him "gently caress off", which isn't even much. And apparently it was even worse before.

I dread to think what this all would look like if Vichan had been a girl instead.

I didn't actually play it, I just saw there was a component for Centeol of all people and just HAD to see what that was about. The little summaries seemed mostly harmless but stupid, but that one couldn't even be spun in a way that didn't sound rapey as hell.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

In reconsideration of my previous outburst, I would in fact prefer the shrieking mushrooms.
I may even hear said mushrooms over my own incessant screaming, every once in a while.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter XCV - Not all orc's butts are for buttkickin', it seems.

So, we've got a tenday 'til we can continue Shauhana's quest and need to find a way to pass the time.

...Not like this, preferably.

:allears:

We might as well pay this Raelis Shai a visit.

Not bad.

...I spoke too soon.

Of course Minsc loved the play. :allears:

We're saving this for later since we have no room in our party but I figured we'd get this out of the way right now.

I wonder if Aegisfield made any progress tracking down that tanner?

He flees, coward! :black101:

Another fade to black, we don't have time for this!

I don't think I've ever gone through this place without triggering the trap close to the stairs. This prompted a visit to the nearest inn to get some rest.

This turned out to be a mistake... :suicide:

Back at the tanner's we find Aegisfield's body. He can survive if you go to Rejiek before reporting to him but for some reason I always preferred this outcome.

This letter will come in handy much, much later.

I wish I could pick non-racist options here. :smith:

This guy gets away before we can get to him and Rejiek got away as well... :(

This exchange is just salt on the wound. :barf:

Now that the murders are solved it's time to take care of a loose end.

Remember this note? We got it from a guy in the slums, turns out you can click the 'area map' button to get where you need to go.

I'd murder these guys but a girl's life is at stake here.

Those horrified at the dialogue options: You can take it much, much farther. Whoever wrote this 'romantic' encounter is a sick puppy.

We're going to be good guys here, though.

Heading for the Den of Seven Vales in Waukeen's Promenade we help this woman with her acting lessons.

Vichan's quite the method actor. :heysexy:

Let's see if there are any more conquests to be had at the Mithrest Inn.

Laran is a female-only Romantic Encounter so Sandrah gets right to work.

As for us? Well...

Someone had a lot of fun writing these.

Anyway, that's enough romance for one chapter, at least if I can help it.

This house on the docks is Valygar's.

He's not going to make it that easy for us, it seems. To the Copper Coronet!

I'm glad we had this talk.

Jesus Christ, Roxanne. Stop ruining Minsc! :(

Ugh, I'll take care of it la-

LATER! :argh:

Great, we'll check it out if we're in the area.

:barf:

This happened while I rested on Athkatla's streets. The fog of war prevents us from seeing anything. 10/10 scene. I love especially love Boolerion throwing shade.

Chloe: Por que no los dos?

Another quest set up for us.

Ugh, whatever. I get why people hate Aerie's romance now.

Anyway, I head for the Stormhorns (the journey takes 4 days) and rest a day in the dragon's lair.

loving finally.

On our way to the crossroads we encounter this cloudkill-on-death zombie lord again. At least we're able to deal with them now without too much effort.

The orc shaman and his son are at the crossroads.

Wait, Arvoreen? Seriously?

Why adhere to Forgotten Realms lore if you can just make up your own version? :smuggo:

This could've been a great quest if it had been competently written.

Oh, great. Vennegrat's back. I'm quaking in my boots. :rolleyes:

Of course Sandrah got a skill, why wouldn't she? What, can we summon a rodent now?

:eyepop:

Sure, why not?

I'm not sure I can take much more of this. :negative:

Sandrah got this skill earlier but let's pretend she got it here and get on with it.

Jesus Christ, Roxanne. Could you let Shauhana have her moment? I was almost getting immersed there for a second, bad writing notwithstanding.

Minsc and Shauhana leave us, leaving us with two positions to fill.

We're saving that for next time, though. Minsc and Shauhana can wait a while longer.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Nov 7, 2021

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

A bit of a low-energy post on my part, another one of those days. I probably could've been more productive with my time with Shauhana so far but oh well.

I'm taking Haer'Dalis with me and I'm torn between Valygar and Viconia for the sixth slot. The latter might be best since she doesn't have a quest attached to her.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

That was just painful to slog through. Honestly I might be in the minority here but I wish you hadn't added the Romantic Encounters mod - it seems to be just Sandrah content but more of it, mostly, ranging from gratuitous to gross. Though I guess at least the English is better. It's getting harder to find the scraps of plot in amongst all the sex garbage and most of the time I have very little idea what's Roxanne's and what isn't.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Black Robe posted:

That was just painful to slog through. Honestly I might be in the minority here but I wish you hadn't added the Romantic Encounters mod - it seems to be just Sandrah content but more of it, mostly, ranging from gratuitous to gross. Though I guess at least the English is better. It's getting harder to find the scraps of plot in amongst all the sex garbage and most of the time I have very little idea what's Roxanne's and what isn't.

Thank you for letting me know, I suppose I can tone down the amount of encounters we come across or at least restrain myself to one per chapter. Looking back at it four encounters (only one of which Sandrah was involved in) is definitely too much.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Intresting.
Very intresting.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Vichan posted:

Thank you for letting me know, I suppose I can tone down the amount of encounters we come across or at least restrain myself to one per chapter. Looking back at it four encounters (only one of which Sandrah was involved in) is definitely too much.

Oh, it wasn't meant as a criticism, this is your show and you've done a fantastic job with this pile of sewage so far. Just not my taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

You know, Sandrah is giving me the vibes of a character in a completly different piece of media. The whole non-believing cleric, people either loving her or hating her to the point it warps their personality, her sleeping around with everything she can in a predatory manner, her having skills completly unrelated to her actual role (the whole shitton of extra abilities she gets).

Of course, that character is explicitly considered to be 100% evil and hosed up in the head to the point she's a literal cancer of humanity, which says a lot of Sandrah reminding me of her :v: