Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

What a train wreck. I was tempted to go back to BG1&2 but I'd have to rebuy them off Steam and it looks like the newest Mac OS doesn't support them anymore. Classic, but honestly for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Cythereal posted:

I did a little searching online, and it sounds like Sandrah silencing Eldoth is a feature of the mod, not a bug. If you have them both in the party, the Sandrah mod completely kills all of Eldoth's dialogue from every mod it can find.

v mature

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Black Robe posted:

As a character concept that's not even that terrible. God knows people like this do exist. But you can't then twist every single other character around to agree with it. It doesn't matter who we have in the party, they're all going to treat her exactly the same and it's really boring.

*makes the weakest possible burn and really is just kind of being inexplicably judgmental to a virtual stranger*

virtual stranger, "wow how can your amazing tongue be more deadly than your super powerful hammer?????"

real natural reactions ya

Ramc
May 4, 2008

her lore book has everyone's character sheets and backgrounds so she knows everyone's alignment immediately i guess

Ramc
May 4, 2008

yoooo the slayer what the gently caress is this poo poo

Ramc
May 4, 2008

end of BG1 gonna be like fighting slayer imoen all 'heya! face me, the new god of murder!'

Ramc
May 4, 2008

sandra gaining 7000 quest xp for imoen's quest

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Vichan posted:

These encounters in Dark Side of the Sword Coast are kicking my rear end and I have the suspicion that Sandrah Saga made it even harder.

I remember absolutely glazing over these mod pseudo-expansions in that other huge bg mod lp. here too, tbh. just skimming for the train wrecks.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

cant let drizz't upstage her with his panther buddy. Also I think she's started tapping magic card art for portraits? Some of these look familiar.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

the shard is literally just a bg1 strategy guide.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

cringing imagining Cyric's brief ToB cameo in this mod

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I don't know much deep FR lore but wasn't Elminister in a relationship with [a] Mystra? Old one or new one I don't know which but either doesn't make sense with the given backstory in the mod.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

What am I, a self-insert Mary Sue character? I'm not gonna make decisions based on being able to ahead in the script.

....so incredibly humble..... :allears:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

what is the point of this baby

Ramc
May 4, 2008

when did she have time to meet literally everyone on the sword coast anyway

Ramc
May 4, 2008

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

So can we turn Sandrah down for being a weird incest lady now?

Did she know?

It does seem like that there should be an escape hatch conversation option where you can nope out of it all at that point.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

:negative: i-im sorry

Ramc
May 4, 2008

man the entire meet your mom sequence in ToB is gonna get completely rewritten

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

Calling it now, Sandrah is going to sneak or fight her way through the starting dungeon all by herself and free the rest of the party.

'i installed dungeon b gone for u'

Ramc
May 4, 2008

i can't believe she brought aerith back to life

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I am pretty sure arcane necromancy just also comes from the weave?

I remember reading back in the day that there is a Shadow Weave made by Shar but that is some other thing entirely and isn't just necromancy spells.

also who the gently caress do u think they mean will rise to the weave guys c'mon

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Is there even an intra-BG1 xp cap anymore.

are you going to be using high level abilities by the sarevok fight

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

I'm surprised Sandrah couldn't figure out how to make this all about her. Instead, she just had that random green person.

"Shar"lene.

ok

Ramc
May 4, 2008

yo wait can't Gorion's Ward not have the same mom as Sandrah anyway because like she is human and, well, you could be anything from an orc to a gnome?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Yeah the Imoen thing makes more sense.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Cythereal posted:

There's a Valerie banter about that kind of thing - she's friends with a priestess of Sharess in Athkatla. They're not sexually involved, her friend is straight, they just met while Valerie was feeding a neighborhood cat. :)

Sadly it's in her BG2 stuff.

by the end of this you may find yourself finishing this mod just to try and fix the cosmic balance of good and bad content

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Cythereal posted:

I could make a new mod every year for a decade and not be enough to stem the tide of filth. :v:

Remember, we'll be meeting Chloe and Saerileth (and Gavin and Tsujatha and more) in BG2...

In my defense i didn't say you would succeed in re-establishing balance, I guess.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

tithin posted:

are you loving for real

lmao

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Remember that I don't even own the Enhanced Editions.

lunar new year sale on steam atm 50% off

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Just like when they were released, they don't offer anything that I want to spend money on. A set of new characters and story bits that range from mediocre to offensive, technical improvements that I can mostly get via mods, and a handful of other small things.

Yeah if you already still own it in a playable form then w/e

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Black Robe posted:

It does seem weird that she bothered to do so and then didn't have Sandrah interjecting in every single conversation. Look at all that dialogue she could have taken over! So much wasted opportunity for pointless blathering!

Maybe the bit about all of the lines being voiced made it problematic to do so, somehow.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

A update or so late but is kind of funny that even the party members who were egging you on to kill the Sirine also ditch you in favor of sandrah when you get ALONE'd for doing it.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

LJN92 posted:

So I just blitzed through this thread recently (skimming a lot, because Sandrah has way too much repetitive content), and goddamn this is some bad fanfiction.

But I got a question for anyone who's paid more attention than me...how old is Sandrah meant to be?

I think she is supposed to be like 20 or so. There was some throwaway line describing her as only not-recently-being-a-teen herself or something.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I feel like some rando claiming to be Elminister's daughter would be real suspicious but also she met literally everyone on the sword coast already somehow so

Ramc
May 4, 2008

'im archmage linda. this is my associate, archmage doug'

'yo my dudes'

Ramc
May 4, 2008

been playing through BG2 and it seems sort of odd to play Edwin as a *total* buffoon when he is like bar none the nastiest arcane caster you can get because of his bonus spell amulet

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

Mechanically Edwin is pretty nuts but story wise? He is a buffoon, albeit a dangerous one.

vilkacis posted:

He is absolutely a buffoon, though, even if he happens to be a dangerous one.

Yeah we just don't get the dangerous part here.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

That portrait really doesn't scream "ethereally beautiful woman with magical dancing tits" to me but what do I know?

Isn't the default portrait even more generic too?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Drizz't taught Cattie Brie to swordfight, I think, to answer your question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Vichan posted:

Does Drizzt bone a lot of people? If so I hope The Beast feeds on him so the network visualization will be out of control.

Drizzt doesn't bone anyone, at least around where this slots in time-wise. He very very eventually has a relationship with Cattie Brie.