Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Cythereal posted:

To quote the author, happy people and healthy relationships are boring and unrealistic, and Gavin is not only her tabletop DnD character she'd played for twenty years, she's the husband she wishes she had.

If I sound prejudiced against Gavin, it's probably because when I approached his modder about crossmod content with Valerie she went on a homophobic rant about gay people not existing in the Forgotten Realms and that Valerie would be considered a sexual deviant.
:catstare: Well that's a whole parade of red flags. Especially:

By popular demand posted:

It's always extra stupid when someone goes "this fantasy world filled with magic, dragons and sentient slime molds does not have gay people! "
...this sort of reactionary "realism" positing that any world with even the most surface-level medieval aesthetics has to be the most cishet affair imaginable because [insert right-wing idealizations of pre-modern times here].

It's honestly a bit of a chilling thought that Sandrah probably isn't even close to the bottom of the barrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Turning the party into an adventuring polycule wouldn't even be a bad concept in itself if the writing wasn't so horrendous; it could make for some really interesting dynamics that kind of break the usual mold of NPC romances. In a similar way, I think it doesn't have to result in a horrible farce to write the super-perfect cleric lady as the most shameless horndog on the Sword Coast, but only if she doesn't actually get everyone she's lusting after. I'd be very surprised if there's ever a single moment in this whole megamod where Sandrah's advances are ultimately rejected (quest-ending player choices aside), and that plus her manipulative behaviour just makes the whole thing uncomfortable and weird.

I think by this point we need to start a running tally of people Sandrah has hooked up with, as long as compiling one is still feasible. Here's an attempt; did I forget anyone? (...I can probably just preemptively add Viconia to the list, can't I?)

Party Members:
-Vichan
-Branwen
-Garrick
-Kivan
[-Minsc]
-Shar-Teel
-Xan

Non-Members:
-Bjornin
-Melicamp
-Taerom

Rejects:
-Edwin

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 27, 2021

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

System Metternich posted:

I've actually started a network visualisation to that end, excited to see how this is gonna look at the end :v:

It's wonderful :allears:

(I don't think she has hooked up with Shar-Teel yet, has she?)
Not quite yet, but from the way their banter is going she's already baring her fangs.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Vichan posted:

I feel bad for not having romantic encounters installed now. The network would have been so complex. I wanted to install it but something went wrong with the installation so I had to get rid of it... :(
But Romantic Encounters would've only let the PC sleep around; it just wouldn't be in the spirit of this mod to bang people who are not a) Sandrah or b) also getting banged by Sandrah :v:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Romantic Encounters mod description posted:

For some encounters, the female PC should brush herself, as it might be she comes out flustered if she doesn't stop in time.
What does that even mean? :psyduck:

Cythereal posted:

NPC mods I can think of who sleep with other NPCs:

Gavin (Imoen)
Kelsey (Imoen)
Chloe (Imoen)
Is it possible that parts of the BG mod community are just a slight bit weird about Imoen?

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
I followed the old Big World Project LP back then, but all I remembered from this mod was Sir BillyBob and the little tidbit that the Hand of Glory is a real-life superstition. Probably not much of a surprise that I forgot most of this stuff, it seems pretty generic and meandering; though I'd assume all of this would work a lot better as a P&P adventure.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 31, 2021

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Still, perhaps better than the official novelizations where Phaere rapes Imoen (but it's okay because Imoen decided she liked it and it made her realize she's a lesbian).
:stonk: I don't even know what to say.

The sad thing is that attempts to elaborate on BG2 Imoen as a character are very understandable; but why do they all seem to turn into a complete trashfire at some point? Is there any Imoen content out there that's actually good?

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Aside from that... whatever that was at the end, the two pompous arch-enemies were kind of entertaining. Though, like pretty much everything in the Sandrah mod, this part would've been a lot better without Sandrah.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Oh great, a whole new city entirely dedicated to Sandrah's wonderfulness.

This image is kind of hilarious, though. "It's just a flesh wound!"

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Cythereal posted:

And Gavin in BG2/ToB has something like thirty different romanced epilogues because his modder felt the need to include an RNG for how many kids you have based on how many times you have sex and how many of those times Gavin wears a condom and write a different epilogue for every result.
...that is some impressive dedication, in a way, but also kind of uncomfortable. And I don't like the implication that there's extended lore conversations about Faerunian condoms (shouldn't they just have potions for that?).

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Ah, the warm rays of the sun, as pleasant as unfiltered UV rays.
Did Jen'lig also hook up with Landrel? And why was everyone suddenly so into that guy anyway, is he someone significant in Forgotten Realms lore?

e: I'm also holding off on connecting Vichan and Dynaheir until something actually happens, since this seems to be a halfway competently and believably written romance with a slowish buildup
It does seem quite good, I just wish it would drop that ridiculous pseudo-shakespearian thy-ing and thou-ing.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Cythereal posted:

That's how she's written in the base game, alas.
Oh. Well, in the German version it's rather less blatant :v:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

Baldur's Gate does sometimes try to have some people do ye olde speak in general. IIRC Elminster does it as well.
The German version tried a slightly different idea and had some of the voice acting done in dialects from various regions of Germany. For instance, Rieltar speaks in the dialect of the Sauerland (a mining region, fittingly enough), though it fortunately doesn't affect the written text. Just imagine all his English voice lines with a thick Texan accent and you have an approximation of how jarring it is.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Vichan posted:

The EET World Map doesn't seem to think so. :colbert:
Out of curiosity, what does the world map currently look like?

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
I'm not sure why I'm even asking, but is there any sort of potential lore justification for this? Is Talos a god in the same sense in which Luxembourg is a country?
Though the more sensible question is, how the actual hell does someone writing an RPG character not get the suspicion that there might be a bit of a problem with power-scaling when that character beats up a literal god while being at a level where a larger-than-average Golem would usually be a serious challenge? :psyduck:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Talos is a Greater Deity, one of the most powerful gods in the Realms. He's the god of everything awful about nature, basically: storms, earthquakes, disease, etc., and also the patron of rebellion and chaos in general. He's the head of the Deities of Fury, a collection of evil nature-gods that includes Umberlee (goddess of the sea), Auril (goddess of winter), and Malar (god of predators and evil beasts). In fluff, even just about every good-aligned character will pay Talos his due respect in an attempt to placate him as part of the pantheon.
...I'm somehow very much not surprised by this. Well sure, the great Sandrah, praised be Her name, just casually chumped one of the most powerful and important beings in existence, no big deal, guess we should be glad she didn't bang him.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Black Robe posted:

:psyduck: What the everloving pineapple scented gently caress does this mean.

Presumably 'seized' is meant to be 'ceased' but I really can't figure out what 'muster' is meant to be.
Well, in German, "mustern" can mean "to examine" (though it can also mean "to muster", depending on the context). According to a dictionary, the Dutch equivalent is "monsteren", so maybe Roxanne is German rather than Dutch; the languages are very similar.

No comment on the Drizzt stuff, it speaks for itself.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

tithin posted:

We need to get this updated with all the new "connections" that have been made.

Poor poor poor drizz't
Oh right, Drizzt also gets a line to Sandrah's grandma, doesn't he?

At the end of this, we'll reach a point of universal Sandrah saturation: Every person on the Sword Coast will be acquainted with at least one person who had sex with Sandrah.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 25, 2021

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Vichan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRIw7VUCmpk

People also lost their minds at this Minsc line, claiming that references were incredibly immersion-breaking. (It's since been removed)
That's kind of hilarious, but I'm a bit annoyed that they gave this line to Minsc of all people, especially when Edwin is right there.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Remember there are two parts of the mod after Throne of Bhaal
WHAT :psyboom:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Hypocrisy posted:

For Sandrah Saga...Sandrah is going to become the next Mystra.
Sandrah will travel to multiple time periods and split herself into multiple beings to become the next Mystra, both previous Mystras, and Mystryl.
And Ao.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Cafe Barbarian posted:

But Sandrah, she just lets you skip everything. Such a bizarre take. Wouldnt want you to actually play the game or anything.
Between this, the overpowered abilities/items Sandrah gets showered with, and the loads upon loads of dialogue, I'm beginning to suspect that Roxanne wants the mod to be played more like a visual novel than like a CRPG.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
This made me realize that two thirds of our current 6-people party are demigods.

I'm not commenting on the Boo stuff, I didn't even read the Boo stuff, why can't this mod at least leave the goddamn hamster alone?

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Erwin the German posted:

Is it bad that I sorta like Chloe more than Aerie right now? I keep waiting for Chloe to be truly intolerable, but it's just not happening yet. She's just sorta vaguely edgy for the most part, I dunno. Probably helps that it's not romantic, though.
While i wouldn't put her above Aerie, I too kind of don't mind Chloe yet, though I don't doubt that it's only due to the very specific context. It's weird because being so much of an obvious Mary Sue actually kinds of helps her because it invites comparisons to the other Mary Sue, and that sets a ridiculously low bar. Like, I keep being positively surprised by her banters simply because she actually has a personality and doesn't automatically get along with everyone else.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 14, 2021

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Minsc apparently having a massive cock
Excuse you, it's a miniature giant space cock :colbert:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

I brought my Drake posted:

Mind flayers, beholders, and kuo-toa, oh my. :getin:
At the risk of sounding weird: That would at least be interesting! Provided that it remains consensual (which, unfortunately, is probably too much to ask from this mod), I'd honestly prefer something like that to this endless deluge of conventionally attractive humanoids somehow managing to make a ridiculously active sex life look dreadfully boring.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Vichan posted:

...Szass Tam? Really? :gonk:
As someone not well-versed in DnD, I assume that guy is kind of a big deal in Realms lore?

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Black Robe posted:

Also good god that entire scene was cringe personified and just killed the libido of everyone reading.
Which one? :v:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Vichan posted:

While browsing the files I came across an early Sandrah portrait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
It will probably turn out that Imoen is the actual other child of Khalindra, but the current implication that even the PC's very conception was all about Sandrah is certainly something.