Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Was Sandrah around for the OG games, or is this an enhanced edition only thing

I think it's been around for about 8 years or so? Which is to say OG games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Cythereal posted:

I cannot stress enough how much modders love Imoen. At the time I left the modding community there were three separate mod NPCs who romance her, a mod for the PC to romance Imoen, and I'm sure there's more now.

That 'Sandra's hammer can assimilate abilities from slain enemies' seems interesting to me. In a 'oh God how broken is this going to get?" way.

Future episodes spoiler:

I'm looking forward to your reaction to the Sandrah saga addition in that respect. (it's only an NPC thank god, not Sandrah or CHARNAME)

Also Sandrah saga itself is fairly light on explicit content, it's mostly kissing and implied stuff. The romantic encounters mod, eh, not so much.

Though she does have a very large harem of NPC lovers.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 19, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Comrade Koba posted:

So, uh, about that second sentence...

The writer seems to want to hit us over the head with the fact that her father is Elminster

I like how people think this foreshadowing is already heavy-handed :allears:

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 19, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I am naturally assuming that wolf companion is a separate mod and Sandrah's modder just had to alter the intro to show that your dog doesn't really trust you but immediately loves her.

Yes.

To be fair she interacts with him a lot.

e: Or to crosspost from the IE thread:

quote:

Your loving dog likes her better?

quote:

not your dog, your wolf who is really an orphan. you found him beside his slain mother four years ago. he grew up with you and is your friend.

quote:

Yeah, until that bitch shows up and steals his love for you.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 19, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Black Robe posted:

As if that's going to be an option. As if you'll get any action or dialogue choices that aren't praise and worship.

Calling it now, the only time you'll be allowed to be a dick to anyone is if they say something mean about Sandrah. Or if they exist near her while being female and similarly aged.

Actually you can, but then you can't continue playing the mod anymore, so not great for the LP.

Potential interaction spoiler:

Also I think she makes you choose between keeping herself or Branwen in your party, but otherwise is generally mostly chill.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Cythereal posted:

Also time to play the mod NPC drinking game of whether the mod tries to assassinate Khalid's character in an effort to make the PC potentially hooking up with Jaheira in BG2 less skeevy.

He's a a minor Sandrah love interest. Portrayed as sweet and timid though.

Spoilers for the next episodes if he stays in the party for a bit, there's not that much content though, maybe a dozen banters or so.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Definitely give a visit to the FAI temple, you'll come across a certain trader with a rather special background and name. I got Sandrah to comment on it but only after going to beregos first for whatever reason.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

The dialog text is in the TRA folder in Sarah-NPC, but they are only sorted by response ID so the best you can do is either cross-reference with the .d files (which only use the IDs) or ctrl-f for the character name.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Seyser Koze posted:

I guess that could actually be part of the rationale behind the godmode characters and equipment? We don't want that pesky gameplay getting in the way of the next block of dialogue.

Spoiler for the next update:

I would be surprised if Vichan doesn't suffer any deaths in the next update, if he has at least somewhat the same mods installed as me and explores the entire FAI map.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 21, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

I wouldn't say I need to see it exactly, but if you pick up Garrick she seems to sleep with him almost immediately, regardless if you are in romance with her or not; also there's some banters with Imoen about it later on.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

e, nm.: probably I'm wrong

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Razakai posted:

Not sure about how the modding works, but what determines which mod takes "priority"? Because if I was doing a character mod that was interfered with by this, I'd be tempted to put my own interactions to override Sandrah stealing my character's story.

It's the install order. Which for large BG2:EE installs is mostly determined by EET. Which itself is maintained by Roxanne, Sandrahs creator.

What I'm saying is there's no escape.

Though jokes aside I think they'd be okay with you making a mod that expanded upon Sandrah.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 21, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Rosemont posted:

On another note, anybody have NPC mods that they'd recommend? I've played the BG games a lot but never used a single mod for them.

There's this NPC mod which completely revamps the game, you've probably never heard of it.

:v:

yeah I know. uhh, I like Aura, even if she is a bit mary suish? https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65891/v2-9-aura-a-gnome-artificer-npc-for-bg-ee-sod

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 22, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

I'm looking forward to Xan what with how predatory this thread thinks Sandrah is already :allears:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

cheesetriangles posted:

Writing Edwin as an incel piece of poo poo I don't know is the correct choice but probably is a fair choice.

PC and Sandrah eventually do it in front of him, YMMV if that changes things

The first time I tried playing Sandrah saga I gave up when my wizard powerhouse Edwin got cursed, that is some bollocks. I remember spending forever reading scripts in Near Infinity to figure out how to cure him too (I think it's been made easier since, but don't quote me on that). That was back on the old versions of BG, hence why I said Sandrah dates back a fair bit. I was a huge fan of BWP and Sandrah was basically made to work with that, so I was quite excited about it, but, uhh, couldn't get through it.

I've tried to play the mod two more times (once I've finished in NTotSC and second times I got to Baldurs Gate I think?) but it's been a while, notably none of the three times featured Jen'lig the lovable gith. Vichan posting in the IE thread made me try it again, but I've stopped behind the LP this time. Don't know if I'll feeling like continuing on honestly.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 24, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

tithin posted:

God this is making me want to go back and make a mod as well coded but not as awful as this.

Eh, we're talking megabytes of source code and even more megabytes of dialogue, not to mention creating map files, sound work and game data to go along with it.

The quality may be, well, what it is, but it's one of the biggest mods for the game ever made, if not the biggest. You're not banging that out in a few months even.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

EggsAisle posted:

:shrug: The world may never know. I've also noticed that in the new Elminster dialogue, he's busted out the y'all once or twice. Seems a little, uh, out of place given the Early Modern English vibe he's supposed to have going on, but whatever.

Sandrah's writing is, as usual, breathtaking, though probably not in the way the author intended. I'm guessing Sandrah is able to single-handedly turn the big bad away from evil with her "astonishing insight" and a long kiss. Or maybe she just kills him with a single strike of her vorpal nipples.

Rather big spoiler for late game:

You're a lot closer than you'd expect (or presumably want), from looking at the mod files.

To be fair it's not the first , uhh, Koveras, romance mod around.

e: Also I didn't expect Sandrah to get along so well with Branwen, I read somewhere that she would leave the party because of her. Maybe it's a quest thing or it was reworked.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 27, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

The Braegar mod is German too, but there's a fair few more euro modders.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Brainamp posted:

Imoen did you hit your head?

I think it might be one of the German mods? Couple of them come with a warning that their English is, uhh, variable, even from Roxanne herself.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Cythereal posted:

Really, it says a lot if she was run off even Chosen of Mystra, home of Saerileth and at least one furry romance mod (Kari, I think? Never looked into it myself, but I'd heard about it).

Actually Sandrah is also hosted on SHS (for the unaware: probably the biggest modding community for BG2 that I think Cythereal said he was a moderator of at one point), though I don't think her edited/updated mods are.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Cythereal posted:

Jesus, SHS has gone downhill if they're hosting Sandrah now. :(

IIRC it's been hosted on SHS from the start, the private webpage came later.

Then again I'm getting error 500 trying to access the page now so maybe it's been taken down? It would have to be recent though.

e: i think that's just me not being logged in, it at least definitely still has an active topic on the forums.

If it's any consolation I remember there being some big conflicts about it, including Roxanne removing crossmod content for a number of mods after being told off by the authors.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 31, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

It was definitely available from the files section of the website as well, and I think still is. Though I dunno about the support thread.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

One thing I've noticed is that the Shar-teel romance is suspiciously close in writing to the BG1NPC one (which itself is rather less than stellar, hence her nickname 'Shart-Eel' from the old Vorgen BWP LP), and seems more written as male erotica than female unlike most of the rest.

Could just be a coincidence but it does feel like some sort of collaboration to me.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Thunderclan posted:

Just speaking from my own extremely brief experience, installing them individually wasn't too bad. Originally tried to use the EET since it seemed the best way to install mods since it was my first time playing (quite glad I couldn't get it to work now, Sandrah sneaking into my install would have ruined the excitement for sure) but since it didn't work I took my chances with installing the individual mods and it seemed like everything played nice together (no crashes or error messages at least).

Sandrah isn't quite that sneaky and it's as simple to disable as any other mod, but it's possible to miss it if you've not heard of it before.

The reason it didn't work was probably that you hadn't run the update executable instead of the main one the first time, it needs to get an updated linkfile the first time you run it.

As for the Big World Project it's even older that the predecessor of EET install tool, that was Big World Setup. Neither has anything to do with Roxanne though.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Feb 15, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Midnight Voyager posted:

But her EDITS aren't, which astounds me. I looked at the git for her drat "EET Fixes" mod and mostly saw superfluous edits so that if you install her stuff, it works better. And you cannot under any circumstances turn this component off, Sandrah or no.

The fixes actually date back to the original Big World Project, it's designed to make mods compatible with each other in general rather than just compatible with Roxannes stuff. Effectively the fixes are what the big world project grew out of, the idea being to make as many mods compatible with each other as possible.

e: This is because if you just go and install a dozen+ weidu mods at once manually there's a good chance your game will be broken in some way.

The original BWP didn't have a GUI and required you to download the mods manually, it would just extract, patch and install them in the correct order to work together. This was long before the Sandrah mod even existed, and it was "BWP fixpack" back then. Then BWS came along which allowed you to download the mods and pick the components to install easily; the EET version is just a continuation of that after the original German maintainers gave up.

e2: Incidentally this is why installing mods on top of everything can blow things up, because it won't be done in the correct order and with the correct compatibility fixes applied to it and (perhaps more importantly) to the other mods. Not installing the fixes would make using the installer pointless, it's a meta-component for the various conditional compatibility patches. You can still download the old BWP fixpack to compare, I'm sure it's mostly the same stuff, I don't think Roxanne's put all that much work into it.

The very old BWP even used to come with a several hundred pages long PDF guide which let you install and patch the mods manually, without using their script.

e3: This post is getting really long but before the BWP there was also BP a.k.a. the Big Picture mod, which was just compatibility fixes for the big mods at the time - RoT, CtB, etc. Also EET (enhanced edition trilogy) was preceded by BGT (baldurs gate trilogy) and another even older mod I can't remember now, and had nothing to do with mod compatibility - it was all about integrating all the games into one.

IIRC the main difference between BGT and the older one was that BGT made the games into one whole, whereas the older one just put BG1 into the BG2 engine, or something like that.

VVVVV

Note that those changes only get installed if you select Sandrah itself, the fixes are mostly things like solving namespace, area and script conflicts and the like. Also I think Sandrah was designed from the start to require a ton of other mods and through that some form of BWP/BWS/EET, that's sortof her explicit goal.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 16, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

"How big is Sandrah's Harem?" is ultimately a brilliant question which lies along the lines of "How many angels can fit on the tip of a needle?". The central problem being whether the amount of potentially existing angels (in the case of Sandrah the Members of Harem, or MoH for short) is infinite, whether or not they occupy any space and whether such space can be quantised.

To examine the problem we will attempt to address each of the above aspects in turn. Firstly, whether the amount of potentially existing angels (and, similarly, the MoH) is infinite or not: in terms of angels one can either assume that the amount of angels is infinite, on the basis that they are created by the Lord out of the void; or that the amount is bound by the space of existence - which superficially relates to the question of whether the angels have concrete dimensions. But even if we assume they do not (as I will attempt to further argue later on) we can ask whether such angels are truly unique existences if they lack unique size and location, as presumably all other features of angels (name, character, preferences) are finitely quantizable. This, I would argue. then gives an upper bound on the amount of angels, being the product of the size of all sets of unique features of all potential angels.

Taking a similar approach to the MoH, one can also superficially say that the amount is infinite - after all another future MoH can always be created through Sandrah showing interest; however I would argue again there is an upper bound on this potential amount. Analogously to angels, the domain of potential MoH is limited by the amount of unique existences within the WotC (Wizards of the Coast) multiverse, presumably further limited by those which Sandrah may potentially be willing to form a romantic relationship with.

I'm too bored to finish (or perhaps not bored enough, rather) this but my ultimate answer is that it's a subset of all beings that ever existed, exist or will exist within the forgotten realms, limited in part by the size of the surrounding space of the locations that she will occupy within in the course of her existence, albeit this limitation would not apply to beings without a defined size, such as spirits, souls and gods. Though giving a precise figure would be impossible due to the lack of precise data on the number of such beings.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 22, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Now I'm curious what's in the final chapter of the mod (which should be the second chapter after ToB), given that it deals with gods and stuff.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Sandrah does have a fair bit of english content with Breagar, looking at the mod files.

I've copied the Breagar dialogues Sandrah adds to a pastebin because spoilers: https://pastebin.com/XjhPHWzE

Also I don't think Sandrah has a German version at all, but I'm not 100% on that.

e: looking at the text (because I can't be bothered to look at the scripts) it seems to trigger when she heals him, so maybe try to do that?

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 25, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

That might be it since it seems to start with that. But it's just an assumption I'd really have to look at the scripts to find out and I haven't done that in like 5 years or more.

e: I bet I'm a hot candidate as a Roxanne sockpuppet right now :v: Honestly I wish I had that level of persistence in doing software development in my spare time, would make job hunting as a programmer much easier.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 25, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

There's multiple different ways, Near Infinity in particular but I don't know how it works with EE; I just used find in files from Notepad++, pointing at the TRA directory.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

IIRC one of the readme files says that Roxanne Sandrah doesn't like evil bards, just the nice and cute ones.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Maybe a bit silly complaint but using the word "beast" for Sandrah is a bit problematic IMO.

Like if it was a male Mary Stu then you wouldn't call him a "beast" for boning everyone either.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

To me it seems like it focuses too much on the promiscuity rather than the more icky aspects, which I would see as gendered in the sense men wouldn't necessarily be criticised for it in the same way (see the many games which do the same thing from a male perspective, if not quite to the same extent).

But nevermind looks like I'm either alone or in a significant minority, so carry on. I don't care all that much to be entirely honest.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Goddamnit now I want to see an attempt at Sexy Intellect Devourer.

I mean, google is right there.

It's a surprisingly challenging one to find to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

...Sandrah is definitely gonna end up banging Sarevok, isn't she?

What does your heart tell you.