Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I've gotten so used to Sandrah ending 99% of conversations with a kiss or sex that I legitimately expected this to end in some horrible poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I appreciate that there's a conversation option for telling Sandrah to possibly stop sleeping with literally everyone (except Imoen for now) and its completely useless

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

We're two for two on black characters getting whitewashed

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I know this mod is bad, but I really wanna know what train of thought demanded that Imoen hook up with a no-name shopkeeper and that this nerd is somehow the most important guy in Nashkel

Also that Sandrah can somehow tell orc blood from human at a glance

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Imoen did you hit your head?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Everyone else is rendered lovestruck by Sandrah's existence, while Imoen is turned into this bloodthirsty moron who is obsessed with girls wearing pink and boys wearing blue.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

I am legitimately surprised this sexual healing crap was written by a woman.

Women can be just as awful writers as men.

Never forget that A Dance with Rogues which features a poo poo-ton of rape was also made by a woman

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 1, 2021

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

System Metternich posted:

Update on the relationship network:

I honestly worry that we'll run out of space before long

Miss "I'm inexperienced in the ways of love"

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

tithin posted:

Bg2 intro, Sandrah's gonna save all your gear, isn't she.

She'll save her gear, then give you better gear.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

"Oh my god, Sandrah and I share the same mother! Oh well, not gonna spend anytime dwelling on that, got a world to save with my little sister Imoen and my lover Sandrah."

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I'm loving amazed that Dorn was able to get away with calling sandrah out on her poo poo. Like no immediate making him cower at her intellectual might or sexiness or anything

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vichan posted:

Self-explanatory. (Sandrah has a knack for calling sex an 'intermezzo' for some reason)

Was the thief was wearing a chastity belt or something?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ramc posted:

I don't know if this is Sandrah or the Icewind Dale Mod people to razz but how do you even bother deciding 'Jarlaxle needs a portrait' and go for

when dude looks like

Bad portrait for literally the most flamboyant drow in existence, but also really weird characterization. Like, dude is a schemer and plotter and all that good poo poo but he's also one of the few drow who's arguably nice and Drizzt's friend. You could make up any drow you want to be the one who "led drizzt into a trap" but to make it the singular drow who outright wouldn't unless you paid him an ungodly sum and certainly wouldn't put himself in danger for this poo poo?

gently caress this is pissing me off, Jarlaxle is cool as hell

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 23, 2021

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Yes, those are the sword's actual names. Icingdeath he named after a dragon it belonged to and Twinkle is just cause the mage who gave it to him was a nerd.

vilkacis posted:

All Sandrah-related utter idiocy aside, i do love that the broody edgelord has a sword called Twinkle. loving Twinkle. And everyone just accepts that.

Twinkle.

TBF he wasn't really broody until like 50 million books in after he'd outlived all his friends for one reason or another.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ramc posted:

This seems kind of incoherent. What is being said here anyway? "I don't worship Sune because a god shouldn't have dominion over natural rights" or am I off base reading this? It seems a weird take in a pantheistic setting.

"Ugh, gods suck. They don't deserve to hold power over natural forces and elements." She says, as a cleric.

I know its just cause Roxanne wanted an op fighter/mage who could cast every spell and had no immediate downsides, but still

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

tithin posted:

Aren't... aren't all of those mage spells? Extremely high level mage spells? Something Sandrah explicitly isn't?

Yeah that was covered pretty quickly after we met her. She's a Cleric of Mystra :airquote: and has access to both clerical spells and mage spells. But since she's a fighter/cleric, she can wear heavy armor and suffer no casting penalties.

So on top of always being right and also the hottest YOUNG GIRL in existence with sexy form fitting platemail or whatever armor it was, she's also incredibly strong and is the best at every form of fighting. Also she has thief skills cause she slept with one once and that was enough

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

She put so much effort into trying to keep the whole elminster's daughter thing a secret but literally everyone on the sword coast already knew before you did and after the reveal there was pretty much no reason for keeping it a secret in the first place

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Thread has broken me cause my first thought was "Wow that went a lot smoother than when you knocked jenlig up"

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

When I was a kid all I had was a burned copy of the demo disc, so the amount of lines that were voiced were pretty slim.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, old man.

Heh, you tell'em, Marl.

Really the demo just made it so I could recognize Kevin Michael Richardson in anything after that.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I knew Henning was gonna get a name drop, but I was really hoping for him to inexplicably accompany sandrah on the rescue operation. Why would he be there? Who knows, same reason a generic shopkeeper is now somehow the love of imoen's life

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Loved the marked difference between traumatized bg2 imoen and sandrah imoen.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Who knew we'd be peaking so early into BG2?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Sandrah is the worst person to be trying to explain theology and the history of gods to people

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

vilkacis posted:

They do surface raids sometimes so they presumably have some less disintegration-prone equipment that's intended for that sort of thing as well.

Its the sunlight that does it, so they generally raid at night.

Also lol yeah that well known drow weapon, the katana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

There isn't a :jerkbag: emote big enough for this poo poo.

biscuits and crazy posted:

What's wrong with Necromancy as a magic school, on a purely objective level though?

Its easy to use as "look here's the EVIL school of magic compared to all the others." There's nothing inherently bad about it and its not too hard to be creative and make a fantasy society based on its use. Just easier to say that there's evil magic ooga booga