Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Something is bothering me about nuImoen I can't quite articulate - mostly the portrait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So, Sandrah is...Elminster's daughter who has nothing better to do but show up and be a smoking hot healer/romance option for our level 1 rear end in, erm, sexy chainmail armor. I am here for this amazing shitshow.

I look forward to the mods shoving Imoen romance down our throats like its FE4.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Sindai posted:

I'd definitely read that version of LotR

We must throw the Ring into the fire...HELL FIRE....

This makes the Viconia romance a lot weirder in BG2, not gonna lie.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

What a hilarious trainwreck. I'm glad Mysterious Mage is cool with us traveling with and objectifying his daughter, or that we got the dialog about how Mysterious Mage was cool with this arrangement and then a rant from Sandra about hiding from him.

I'm on board for this trainwreck.

I completely get the Khalid hate though, stop running, rear end in a top hat, we need the melee line to hold!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

"I have deducted that you knew my mother still alive"

This is only the Friendly Arm Inn and I can't wait to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So the default coping strategy is to feed male party members to the beast.

I'm not sure how well this reflects on us...

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Cythereal posted:

Valerie also falls in love with Sandrah and sleeps with her, but that's par for the course for Sandrah (and also, I'm sad to say, in-character - Valerie absolutely would get run over by a beautiful, smart, charismatic woman who knows a lot about magic and is comfortable in her own skin). And happens after Sandrah lectures Valerie about her tendency to drink when she feels anxious and stressed.

We just need to keep feeding the Beast with party members so it stays the hell away from us.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Cythereal posted:

Honestly? Sandrah gives me predatory vibes. A feeling like she's very deliberately exploiting her physical beauty and overwhelming presence to prey on anyone even vaguely susceptible for her own use even if it's always nominally consensual.

I don't think that's what Roxanne intends by any means, but that's the feeling I'm getting.

You're not wrong!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

God Sandrah and the elf is just so bad. "Oh man, it sucks that your gf died, it's very sad but I am deep and eloquent. There's a hole under my spandex armor and only you can temporarily fill it."

Bonus points for "I am known for my eloquent conversation on all the important social events in all the big towns". It's such a clunker for someone who is supposed to be a manipulative seductress (or whatever the hell is going on with Garrick and dancing). I mean, it would probably work on young men inexperienced with women, but Kivan is a 200 year old elf.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

anilEhilated posted:

Is she, though? To me, the dialogue seems more like the author was completely unaware of how predatory she comes across.

I have no idea how else to interpret the "hey Garrick I'm done with you help me pick up the PC" scene.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Sandrah: I love the PC
Also Sandrah: I am in love with and will loudly bang this bard in front of him.

Imoen didn't deserve this.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I thought Edwin was mostly a cartoonish inept buffoon, not some weird gently caress talking about "dark lusts" or whatever.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

The Xvart section made me think of this:

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

The weird part is that Sandrah is pretty, yes...but this is an RPG and your party is filled with attractive women some of whom might even be into your highly intelligent or highly buff alter ego. I have no idea why we are expected to go after Sandrah immediately instead of Viconia or Branwen, though I guess Roxanne's answer is "what do you mean or"?

Leraika posted:

how hard do you have to I'm gay at Sandrah before she does get the hint? Or is it impossible to be gay around her?

What hint? The beast demands flesh!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Isn't base game Dynaheir black?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

The black hole of the Beast is never sated.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

You kicked the manipulative sexual predator out of the party.

Your reputation goes down.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Are you kidding? Eldroth is the ONLY person in our party to escape the Beast. He deserves a medal or something.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Cythereal posted:

Oh for the love of... please don't tell me that this is an elaborate setup to get Sandrah into Imoen's pants to 'heal' her.

THE BEAST DEMANDS FLESH!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I am legitimately surprised this sexual healing crap was written by a woman.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Ah, yes, Viconia, that paragon of sharing...

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I love how Elminister is totally OK with his daughter becoming a prostitute so she can suck the surroundings into her vagina.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I'm still lost as to the "plot" of Sandrah Saga aside from sucking everything into Sandrah's galing hole and something about a demon? And Elminster?

Mod is absolutely poo poo.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I'm wondering if this isn't why Dynaheir got whitewashed.

Have you seen Sandrah gently caress any black people?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So can we turn Sandrah down for being a weird incest lady now?

Did she know?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Pretty sure Sandrah mentioned ol Jon at some point.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Ramc posted:

I am pretty sure arcane necromancy just also comes from the weave?

I remember reading back in the day that there is a Shadow Weave made by Shar but that is some other thing entirely and isn't just necromancy spells.

also who the gently caress do u think they mean will rise to the weave guys c'mon

This is second edition. Healing IS necromancy.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Is that EE dialogue real or modded?

Throwing Rasaad out of the party for sexy drow women seems entirely in character at this point.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Ramc posted:

I feel like some rando claiming to be Elminister's daughter would be real suspicious but also she met literally everyone on the sword coast already somehow so

I mean she's probably had everyone's abortions by this point.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

"They ruined the peaceful cleric academy to teach battle mages!"
"But clerics are warriors! Sandrah, you're described as a warrior!"

"...only pointless loving will cure my shame."

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I can't think of anything clever or witty to say about that Talos encounter. That's just...why?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

That portrait really doesn't scream "ethereally beautiful woman with magical dancing tits" to me but what do I know?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Competent writers: A powerful evil god of storms walking the earth freely is a terrible thing, a foe only the mightiest mortals could possibly hope to withstand and inspiring terror among the common folk.
Roxanne: Lol he's a bad man from my animes

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

It's kind of hilarious how all this stuff is basically the supernatural version of sleeping your way to the top as demonstrated by The Beast.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Ah yes, "Becoming Father."

You'd think Shar-teel would know about contraceptives. You'd be wrong.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Everyone else: look at the crazy science dungeon, this is freaky
Chloe and Sandra: ...sex?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I was not expecting straight up naked tits in BG2, and I don't know why it seems so out of place after "Sandrah and Chloe demand...flesh!" But it does.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I glazed over this poo poo wtf is Boolerian

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Vichan posted:

You see, Boolerion's entire mission was to make sure that Minsc met Shauhana!

What the actual Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

EggsAisle posted:

Christ cannot help you now. Only Boolerion. Pray for salvation, or he'll make you play Stygian again.

Oh man, don't even joke about that!