Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big City Drinkin posted:

We have a Coton de Tulear (a breed in the Bichon family), and he’s a really good dog inside, only kind of chuffing when people are out in the hallway. But outside on the leash he’s a TERROR, flipping out at other dogs/people. And he’s fine with other dogs and people as long as he doesn’t have a leash on. We’ve spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours on training to get him more comfortable on his leash, but I’m kind of resigned to the fact that it’s just a part of him now.

put a vr helmet on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Tato posted:

Threads about dogs are the worst because people try to make jokes while other posters fall over themselves weeping and crying, accusing everyone else in the thread of being a dog murderer.

This doesn’t happen in threads about pizza or Nickelodeon’s Doug.

what's the worst kind of dog murderer? a human who murders dogs or a dog who does murders?

The Klowner posted:

The domestication of animals for recreation is immoral, no matter how abowwable their widdle whiskers or their widdle pawsies or their itty bitty snouts are

idk man my cat lives better than i do

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

christmas boots posted:

what's the worst kind of dog murderer? a human who murders dogs or a dog who does murders?

idk man my cat lives better than i do

There's a brief film series exploring this concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGpZ9xaQLYQ

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This widdle guy is a pwecious fuwwy baby, yyyyyyyyyes he is!

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Go to reddit and do a search on spanking your cat/dog/horse/whatever and prepare to be confused

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Go to reddit and do a search on

let me stop you right there friend

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Aegis Bear posted:

The reason these threads are always like this (and why the 'problem dog'/'problem owner' debate is neverending whether it's a chihuahua or great dane) is because way too many people own, raise, and handle animals that they don't know poo poo about. This isn't just a problem with dogs, for example holy poo poo so many people own cats and don't even attempt to learn what their poor pet's basic body language means, but the problem is loudest in dogs because dog bites make the news.

If every owner took the time to learn their pet's body language and personality, and trained it appropriately, this wouldn't be a thing. But that would involve every single person across the country suddenly really paying close attention to their dogs, so it's not going to happen. :(

my parents are this kind of dog owner and it sucks rear end. they've raised three dogs so far using the Cesar Milan Method(tm) and they were all neurotic, jumpy, and terrified animals

they raised their kids not so differently :shepface:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i like the shibe meme doge lmao makes me lol

my GF has a dog named merlin hes a yellow dog with a white chest and floppy ear, looks like what you would imagine a "dog" would look like in your brain

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

numberoneposter posted:

i like the shibe meme doge lmao makes me lol

:cheerdoge:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
I had one of those dogs, before she lost her way in the house she would scratch at my door at 2 in the morning and lead me to the backdoor to let her out to go pee. She was a good girl, 100% recommend

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I own a little white dog op and he’s chill. We like to wrestle and rough house

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Prof. Crocodile posted:

let me stop you right there friend

Now wait a minute, I think their idea of going to reddit and searching extensively for and about 'horse spanking' may have its merits let's not judge too harshly until we see some results

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Pictured: example of what my swarm of small white dogs will look like when traveling.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

if you leave this picture small it 100% looks like a human man's face lol

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Talk about an absolute unit

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Fur20 posted:

my parents are this kind of dog owner and it sucks rear end. they've raised three dogs so far using the Cesar Milan Method(tm) and they were all neurotic, jumpy, and terrified animals

they raised their kids not so differently :shepface:

Cesar Milan is loving poison and his “training” methods are based on long-debunked theories on wolf pack dominance, formed when wolves were not yet properly studied in captivity by humans and entered some weird captive Wolf Jail form of their packs instead of real behavior. It would be like building all future models on training horses based on how a freaked out, bored, horse acts while alone in a stable.

Basically: the old school Alpha Male thing is bullshit and wolf packs are usually big families with momma and poppa wolf as the leaders. They dominate because they’re the parents.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thats a bear

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Thought this guy just died in prison a few days ago

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I bet he’s only like 3 pounds and it’s just 100% fluff

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
these fluff dogs are mean and make good wrestlers

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

This dog looks like one of those old-timey British dudes with a lion's mane of hair/sideburns/beard. All he needs is a top hat and waistcoat. And maybe a monocle.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
For all the horrors we as a species have committed, it is the creation of these dogs we will never be forgiven for.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

pretty sure that is an Ewok my goon.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Aegis Bear posted:

Cesar Milan is loving poison and his “training” methods are based on long-debunked theories on wolf pack dominance, formed when wolves were not yet properly studied in captivity by humans and entered some weird captive Wolf Jail form of their packs instead of real behavior. It would be like building all future models on training horses based on how a freaked out, bored, horse acts while alone in a stable.

Basically: the old school Alpha Male thing is bullshit and wolf packs are usually big families with momma and poppa wolf as the leaders. They dominate because they’re the parents.

It's still not actually useful for uh... basically anyone's psychological purposes but there is ONE scenario where the "Alpha wolf dominance struggle" isn't ENTIRELY wrong. If prey is sufficiently plentiful and competition sufficiently scarce, which functionally just means "when wolves are re-introduced to a national park or wildlife refuge," daughters will stick around for one giant wolf pack instead of forming their own with a mate, and have kids within that original wolf pack, and those daughters specifically will have a degree of dominance struggle for who gets to be directly below grandma and grandpa wolf. Grandma and grandpa wolf are still the most in charge though.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Prof. Crocodile posted:

This dog looks like one of those old-timey British dudes with a lion's mane of hair/sideburns/beard. All he needs is a top hat and waistcoat. And maybe a monocle.

(apologies for the roughness, actual photoshop is not installed on this machine...)

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_fZ06PbuhQ

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Update: I went outside for a cigarette and stepped on a leaf that was very crunchy. Now they're barking at me and putting me in my place and I feel like poo poo.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Update: The owner just came out and yelled at them in Spanish. Now they're gone.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

MrQueasy posted:

(apologies for the roughness, actual photoshop is not installed on this machine...)

:discourse:

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

it's looks so square, it's like one of those old paintings of big fat rectangular farm animals

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

secular woods sex posted:

Serious question: does having multiple dogs help?

I mean, they’re pack animals so having 2 or 3 would hopefully lessen the anxiety.

Pretty sure, yeah. Like, farms have more than one dog at a time because you need to keep them from going too stir-crazy for dogs to be useful.

Am reminded of the goon whose dogs were named Wallace and Grommit, but pretty sure the dogs think they have the shared name Wallaceandgrommit because they've never been apart.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Reminder that all kinds of dogs are good dogs

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
A friend of mine has two that his now wife brought with when they first moved in together. Both dogs go absolutely crazy with barking whenever someone comes over and one wears a dog diaper because it will piss and poo poo everywhere. This one will follow people around the house barking the whole time but the other one is diaper free and will actually chill out after 10 mins, enough so to be friendly like a normal dog. Both have the eye crusties.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
I too used to live in an apartment complex where a bunch of people had these creatures, the incessant barking is bad but even worse, often it doesn't even sound like barking like a real dog would do, but something mechanical like a squeaky rusty door being opened.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Bloopsy posted:

it will piss and poo poo everywhere

Same

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Golden Retrievers are generally some of the most hosed up dogs I saw healthwise, it's not wonder they tend to die young. Those dogs get utterly hosed up and Golden Retriever owners almost always let the dog run around in filth and poo poo and don't come in for enough checkups. I dunno wtf it is with Golden Retriever owners. Those dogs seem to die by the bushel. It's jacked up. It's worse than Pit owners for pure negligence.

Also, late, but probably because Golden Retrievers have the reputation for being cute friendly family dogs and are bought by thoughtless shitheads as the pretty new toy from inbred puppy mills and left in the backyard (if they're lucky) all day alone to go stir-crazy. Basically same as the little yap monsters but with even less room to escape from their own filth.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
cat people are ones who were unfortunate enough to be stuck with one of these white dogs, turning them into cat preferers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also, late, but probably because Golden Retrievers have the reputation for being cute friendly family dogs and are bought by thoughtless shitheads as the pretty new toy from inbred puppy mills and left in the backyard (if they're lucky) all day alone to go stir-crazy. Basically same as the little yap monsters but with even less room to escape from their own filth.

Golden Retrievers and Labs are basically the barkiest dogs and also the most likely to maul people. Owners that should never have such needy breeds get them too often.

It's rich that people complain about small dogs because small dogs are easy. It was far, far, more likely for me to see poorly trained large dogs because they are uniformly the ones more abused or improperly trained.

Better a dog spoiled than one neglected or trained using dogshit pseudoscience dominance theory and turning into an angry, neurotic piece of poo poo. There are so many hosed up Pits that need serious rehabilitation and instead people whine about small dogs because they've internalized some weird masculine power projecting idea of what a dog "should be" like bizarro incels. Hence why the aggression towards them is such transparent bullshit to me.