Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Super Waffle posted:

Since I don't drink, I made a mocktail: 2 oz blood orange juice, 2 oz strawberry syrup, 1/4 oz lemon juice, 6-7 oz seltzer. Garnish with a strawberry.

I call it a Bloody Adrian.

This sounds better than liquor (not a big fan of drinking)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

juggalo baby coffin posted:

why are you talking about it in the past tense? the plague is still out there. its worse than ever.

Covid was just a fad that doesn't know its time is over. Just ignore it and it'll go away!

Mods plz change title to 'What's your plague grind?'

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Galewolf posted:

Not the same without having your bros to do this, is it? (given that you did that in your home gym)

I mean, regardless, it's a great accomplishment! Well done goon friend.

honestly probably the best part of lifting a lot at home has been having my wife as my partner. we never did much workout stuff before but now she's all into spotting me and correcting my form and so on.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I got really good at Pavlov VR. I went from confused, shellshocked noob to consistently driving teenagers to rage at me for "killing them all the time", which is very gratifying for this (relatively) old man. Lost 20 pounds in the process.

I also got a dog and bought a home, so I guess you could say I was grinding my "adulting stat" XD :suicide:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

bewbies posted:

honestly probably the best part of lifting a lot at home has been having my wife as my partner. we never did much workout stuff before but now she's all into spotting me and correcting my form and so on.

Livin the dream my man. I moved to a place that has enough space in garden to have a bench and even a barbell rack /dumbbells so I have to up my excuse finding game to not work out :smith:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

SleepySonata posted:

This sounds better than liquor (not a big fan of drinking)

It is really good. I made my own strawberry syrup too!

Bring to boil 2 pounds of hulled and quartered strawberries in 3 cups of water, then let simmer for 15 minutes. Strain into another pot, then boil again and add 2 cups of sugar. Give it 5 or so minutes to let all the sugar dissolve then let cool and bottle it up.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I've donated $20 a week on average to the local brewery

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I got into bike riding when I was furloughed for 3 months and would alternate 20 mile rides with jogging. I lost 15 pounds. I also played a shitload of starcraft 2 arcade (im pretty decent at direct strike gear and commander & am in a clan now)

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
Been cooking for myself more often, studying Japanese, and working out every other day. Also I do different/cooler stuff at work now. Yeehaw.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Gym, Japanese and Bass guitar. Once this whole plague thing's over I'm gonna be the swollest, funkiest weeb in town.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I fixed two old video game consoles, then moved to a farm.

I am now fixing the farm.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I got really good at enduring constant abusive police action :sun: Also Animal Crossing.

Signing on to workout crew. I lost about 13 pounds just because I didn't have much to do except yoga, ring fit adventure, and a lot of long, isolated walks. I spent a lot of last summer generating random walking routes using Randonautica. Which has some truly hilarious reviews from people who believe the app is supposed to cause supernatural things to happen.

I did a lot more physical labor, too. 2020 made me a leaner harder bitch and I'm kinda ok with that.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Started and stopped my own business. Felt really panicky for basically the whole year. Got a job at a dealership again. Started doing weed all day every day and feeling fine. Stopped talking politics on Facebook.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

How are you all learning foreign languages while locked down? Same with lifting. Home gyms?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
There's free apps and "free" computer courses out there dude.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Over the past 12 I haven't gone more than two days without some kind of weed intake which is probably the only thing keeping me from totally snapping from job related stress.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Outrail posted:

Covid was just a fad that doesn't know its time is over. Just ignore it and it'll go away!

Mods plz change title to 'What's your plague grind?'

Stop acting like a baby, this isn't your first plague.

Now eat your coffee cake and drink your daiquiri or I'll have to give it to one of the people getting ripped and learning how to serenade a bitch.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

poisonpill posted:

How are you all learning foreign languages while locked down? Same with lifting. Home gyms?
i wander the world looking for heavy rocks and then lift them up and then put them back down again

also regarding languages there are only so many permutations of noises the human mouth can make so i just brute force sounds until i get my point across

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ah the monkeys with typewriters approach to linguistics

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I built a pc and have played more video games than ever before, and I'm a huge video game nerd

Also did some cooking, spent quality time with my girlfriend and during the summer we went full on plant crazy, we are stuffing our small appartment full of as many plants as can fit. Currently I'm waiting for spring so I can move my chili plantlings outside. I managed to make a tiny bit of hot sauce from my first harvest and nothing has ever tasted so delicious.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I ate a pound of wild strawberries per day

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I started working out again and now weigh less than I did last March. I can hike hills without stopping, too, leaving Mrs. frogge in the dust if I felt like it. When we first started dating it was the other way around.

Also accomplished a ton of other personal and professional goals/projects. Probably should have kept a master list to look back on once this is all over. Workspace/home office is still a pigsty, though. Guess I have a few more months to fix that one.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I picked up embroidery. It's been challenging but very rewarding.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Son of Rodney posted:

I built a pc and have played more video games than ever before, and I'm a huge video game nerd

Also did some cooking, spent quality time with my girlfriend and during the summer we went full on plant crazy, we are stuffing our small appartment full of as many plants as can fit.

Same

Also, reading, going through a couple of books a week during the height of the first lockdown, making a conscious effort to read books from a more diverse range of authors and got very much into Banana Yoshimoto and Ursula Le Guin

Also friday and saturday night weed smoking leading into stuffing my increasingly fat face with bags of crisps, which combined with stopping my routine of running 5k every two days, and missing the 5 - 10k I would walk daily as part of my job has had predictably deleterious effects on my waistline

also started lifting towards the end of summer so now i have a relatively strong upper body and a fat little belly

still cannot get the motivation to just put my running shoes back on

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
Work went down to 24 hours per week in April. Being home so much I realized I hated my upstairs neighbors tremendously. Had to figure out how to leave the apt. regularly and often but not see people up close. Spent a lot of days walking the neighborhood 2-3 miles at a time. Moved apartments in October.

We're back at 40 since August and there's a steep hill across the street from the shop. The step tracker on my phone tells me that going to the fire hydrant at the very top and then down the hill 5 times = 2.8 miles, so I've been doing that every weekday instead. Walking around and looking at things is so much more fun with weed. :P

Had less grocery money and had less time to snack mindlessly + learned more about deliberately choosing to eat what my body needs to sustain life. Lost 60 lbs between March and November then gained 10 of it back with holiday feasting/binge drinking. It's January now, so it's back to the grindstone, yippee.

Frankly, I love food, and if I could eat all I wanted without my physical agility/function being affected, I'd be eating an awful lot. But for now I'll go with it since I like being this bendy again.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
Every weekend, pick a random spot of green on Google Maps and walk around it

Every weekend, make food that's a major time sink (e.g. potstickers completely from scratch)

Learn French

Slowly get used to running outdoors (I was treadmill only pre-pandemic)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I feel like spending time outside bonding with your family doesn't really count as a "grind".

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

I wrote a movie

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I wrote a movie

you're supposed to watch movies not read them

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

PokeJoe posted:

you're supposed to watch movies not read them

oh NOW you tell me

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Puulling gold teeth out of corpses and mercury enemas.

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
I started a body weight fitness routine and it's going great. I'm getting better results than I was lifting weights and doing cardio at the gym five days a week, and it's free. Still miss the sauna and the cage, though.

Started writing everyday too. Most of what I've written so far is terrible - but there's a lot of it, and I haven't stopped so I'm that much closer to getting through my early, lovely period.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Mr_Companie posted:

I started a body weight fitness routine and it's going great. I'm getting better results than I was lifting weights and doing cardio at the gym five days a week, and it's free. Still miss the sauna and the cage, though.

Started writing everyday too. Most of what I've written so far is terrible - but there's a lot of it, and I haven't stopped so I'm that much closer to getting through my early, lovely period.

Wanna link that routine tho

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

Got my rear end kicked by my second-to-last semester at uni, about to get my rear end kicked by my last semester at uni

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Wife and I smoked the lions share of a pound of weed.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I lifted a bunch of weights and learned a bunch of stuff about physics

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
I learned to stand on my head. Just kinda propped myself upside down against a wall in between calls at work. Eventually I got enough balance and core strength to do it free standing and now I can't get enough of being upside down. This year I might try to walk on my hands but will need to find some more upper body strength first.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The rona obliterated all the progress I made on losing weight. Once this is all over I'm hitting a gym.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Getting real good at Morgana mid isn’t exactly saying much, you just max W and drop it once the wave crashes and hope you get lucky with last hitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

poisonpill posted:

I take private courses and use stuff like memrise.

As for the gym, until a month ago my government had a very loose understanding of "lockdown" and basically let everything be opened as long as it adheres to a maximum number of people in a space, social distancing etc..