Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tabletop simulator is probably the best value purchase on steam I've ever made. Would you like to play every tabletop game ever made with any one of your friends no matter where they are with an intuitive and convenient interface for $15? Don't mind if I do

Tts kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

i don't think the interface is necessarily intuitive, though, i don't want to scare people away from it by implying it is and then having them log in and go "wtf?"

it takes a minute to learn things like "it's better to right click and select 'draw' than to grab a card" and if you're running, it takes a bit to figure out how to download all the free games from the steam workshop.

basically, it goes from "it feels just like i'm sitting around the table with my friends, but i had a stroke" to "it feels like i'm sitting around the table with my friends, but we have a butler to clean up the mess."

Before I bought it I imagined the controls were going to be a pain in the rear end. But once you play one game, any game, and you learn how to use dice, manipulate cards and decks, and move game pieces, you've got 90% of what you need to know controls-wise. it's not annoying to use moment-to-moment like cockatrice, if you've ever used that for mtg.

Basically I thought the interface was going to suck before I tried it. it ended up being my preferred way to play some games

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ah, thanks for this

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

timing is the big one, every edition came out 6-8 years after the one before it and we're on year 7 now. the pandemic and pandemic-related sales might [push it back a bit (2019 and 2020 were the biggest years for d&d ever) but once that starts to slump i bet wotc will want to do something to get momentum back and a new edition is a good way to do that. i'd be very surprised if we dont hear at least something about 6e in the next 18 months

I bet it was planned to be released simultaneously with the d&d MTG set but covid hosed up the scheduling/production