Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I love FF1, as you might be able to tell from my forgotten delayed-by-2020-being-2020 LP of FF1 NES, so I am in.

Bellmaker posted:

Paladin because base Fighter is just boring, we want to see the new stuff and I want to see if they get cool holy-element swords like FF3 NES Red Mages did
Master I think has more going on then meets the eye from my very limited playthrough (I only got to Elftown)
Ranger because I want to see if Red Mage is still ridiculous, the best class in NES FF1 by far (oh no, no level 8 magic :geno:)
Sage for all the spells no one else can use, let's be real we want to see the spell balance, not sword balance

Jade Rider posted:

Cecil the Paladin, Hamon the Master, Faris the Ranger, and Strago the Sage sounds like a good mix.
:hmmyes:

It does seem interesting that so far, the first changes are so seemingly-minor ("oh, these enemies spawn earlier") then immediately become more obvious ("Oh, they also drop cool things and- did that goblin just cast Cure?"). Kinda neat.

Bellmaker posted:

Red Mage... best class in NES FF1 by far
Black Belt and FF1 NES's ridiculous crit mechanics say hi. I'd genuinely call Red Mage either first or second best for a solo run, though, after Fighter, depending on how much you prefer access to AFIR vs. the Ice Shield, etc.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

In that case, I vote for the names Cecil the Paladin, Hamon the Master, Strago the Sage, and Krile the Enchanter.

I'm not letting go of my vote for an FF5 reference that easily.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

FF1 NES's first real difficulty spike doesn't come until you cross the bridge, so we're right at the threshold of the moment of truth.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, no. Don't tell me you went into Marsh Cave without antidotes? :ohdear:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ahh, the peninsula. :allears: You can generally tell whether a hack is good or trash by whether they keep the PoPL or not.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

But I like FF1 NES being stupid and unbalanced. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This mod feels kind of underwhelming so far.

dotchan posted:

If I had to guess, the logic for the anti-dragon sword working on dinos is that the Japanese for dinosaur, 恐竜, has the character for dragon in it.
Okay, that's actually a really cool bit of trivia. (Also explains a couple of things about early monster names in Yu-Gi-Oh.)