Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Aegis Bear posted:

Time for a more wholesome thread.

A long time ago, when I was a little kid, I apparently made my dad a play-doh alligator sculpture. He kept it all these years (he's in his 70s now) and I found out he recently lost it and was very upset. Thinking about it made me go "gently caress it, let's try to make him another one." So today I bought some Super Sculpey and tools and sat down to gently caress with clay for the first time in over a decade...

He wasn't fat enough:

Started to add detail and some of that armored scale stuff on the back before calling it a night:

My nails are destroyed and it's nowhere near done, but if the end result makes my dad smile it was worth it.

Anyone sculpt before or make things for family? Any Super Sculpey tips? This isn't just for me, feel free to share your own stuff!

suck my croc

jk, that's great and wholesome. Looks great!

e- i really thought someone would beat me to the first reply. sorry.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
any more progress, or more info for us dummies that are curious about this in general.

Is it like whittling, where you talk to an old fella' and he's all just remove what isn't what you want it to be?

I have no artistic skills whatsoever, but I've done some abstract stuff. Doesn't seem like this would carry over.

Or make some ninja stars