Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What would trump have done if he were still prez
This poll is closed.
bombed the boat 10 10.53%
told the beautiful boaters to ram the boat 45 47.37%
https://i.imgur.com/BvIBJji.jpg 40 42.11%
Total: 95 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

oh my god

Released in 1994, OS/2 version 3.0 was labelled as OS/2 Warp to highlight the new performance benefits, and generally to freshen the product image. "Warp" had originally been the internal IBM name for the release: IBM claimed that it had used Star Trek terms as internal names for prior OS/2 releases, and that this one seemed appropriate for external use as well. At the launch of OS/2 Warp in 1994, Patrick Stewart was to be the Master of Ceremonies; however Kate Mulgrew[35] of the then-upcoming series Star Trek: Voyager was substituted at the last minute.[36][37]:p. 108

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

has anyone said vote today

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

hmmm, I was pretty sold on the old tried and true pizza order, but I just got an email for a Reuben pizza, choices choices

Do it

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Squizzle posted:

sir is this racism against our Hispanic and Latina friends

uhh OK well perhaps you have the incredible good fortune to never have had to hang around with an Amiga friend

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

has anyone said vote today
vote

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Filthy Hans posted:

oh my god

Released in 1994, OS/2 version 3.0 was labelled as OS/2 Warp to highlight the new performance benefits, and generally to freshen the product image. "Warp" had originally been the internal IBM name for the release: IBM claimed that it had used Star Trek terms as internal names for prior OS/2 releases, and that this one seemed appropriate for external use as well. At the launch of OS/2 Warp in 1994, Patrick Stewart was to be the Master of Ceremonies; however Kate Mulgrew[35] of the then-upcoming series Star Trek: Voyager was substituted at the last minute.[36][37]:p. 108

loving lol

100% appropriate too

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Epic High Five posted:

hmmm, I was pretty sold on the old tried and true pizza order, but I just got an email for a Reuben pizza, choices choices

the fact that you even have to ask worries me

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

At the launch of OS/2 Warp in 1994, Patrick Stewart was to be the Master of Ceremonies; however Kate Mulgrew of the then-upcoming series Star Trek: Voyager was substituted at the last minute.

an excellent metaphor for the life of os/2 imo

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1366468639583576071

wanted to make extra sure he could kiss all the beautiful men and even the women

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
so wait, the dudes that make computers are nerds?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the normal order is a white sauce pizza with ghost pepper cheese tho, it's very good

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

UFOTacoMan posted:

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008

Schmoe Cwead posted:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1366468639583576071

wanted to make extra sure he could kiss all the beautiful men and even the women

Poor barron, I hope he could do that thing that crazy lady was talking about and time machine his mrna to make him covid-free

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

OS/poo Dork

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

:eyepop: that is a loving LOT of horse meat.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

UFOTacoMan posted:

A lot of people don't realize that Babylon 5 was done with an Amiga. In fact the space station itself was a (somewhat modified and enhanced) Amiga.

Many of the actors were in reality Amiga computers as well.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

OS/2 ran the faulty baggage handling system at Denver International Airport. The OS was eventually scrapped, but the software written for the system led to massive delays in the opening of the new airport. The OS itself was not at fault, but the software written to run on the OS was. The baggage handling system was eventually removed.

OS/2 was used by radio personality Howard Stern. He once had a 10-minute on-air rant about OS/2 versus Windows 95 and recommended OS/2. He also used OS/2 on his IBM 760CD laptop.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

this bird isn’t real as birds aren’t real

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Fix posted:

:eyepop: that is a loving LOT of horse meat.

needs some pey wet

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

OS/2 ran the faulty baggage handling system at Denver International Airport. The OS was eventually scrapped, but the software written for the system led to massive delays in the opening of the new airport. The OS itself was not at fault, but the software written to run on the OS was. The baggage handling system was eventually removed.

OS/2 was used by radio personality Howard Stern. He once had a 10-minute on-air rant about OS/2 versus Windows 95 and recommended OS/2. He also used OS/2 on his IBM 760CD laptop.

this is the most entertaining cspam content in days, thank you

boy I hadn't thought about those IBM weirdos in years, in my memory they're all in black and white

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008

Filthy Hans posted:

OS/2 why dont you take a seat next to beetlejuice and the kkk guy, you are now in the whack pack

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

A Gin Palace posted:

damng wow dude thats literally me as well. so true

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GIMME THE loving CASSSSHHHHHH

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

ah to be a fly on the wall in the heady 'warp' era of OS/2 contrarianism at IBM

heheheehehe

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/Iearnhistory/status/1366222252329504774

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
*slams down a wooden box filled with punchcards in front of hte IT guy*

whoops i need you to reset my password, bitch

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
I found the website for Warpstock, the convention for people who still use OS/2 today, and every single user avatar on their forums is exactly what I expect someone who still uses OS/2 today to look like

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008

We should have listened

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

the world would be a better place if all of terf island logged off the internet

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Filthy Hans posted:

oh my god

Oh yes, OS/2 Warp, that's the system I learned how to type on.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

In Texas news https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/01/ut-eyes-of-texas-donors-emails/

quote:

"My wife and I have given an endowment in excess of $1 million to athletics. This could very easily be rescinded if things don’t drastically change around here," wrote one donor in October. His name was redacted by UT-Austin, citing open records laws that protect certain donor identities. "Has everyone become oblivious of who supports athletics??"

Hartzell had already publicly stated the university would keep the song, but hundreds of emails obtained through public records requests show that decision didn’t quell the furor among some of the most ardent supporters of "The Eyes."

From June to late October, over 70% of the nearly 300 people who emailed Hartzell’s office about "The Eyes" demanded the school keep playing it. Around 75 people in emails explicitly threatened to stop supporting the school financially, calling on the university to take a heavier hand with students and athletes they believed were disrespecting university tradition by protesting it.

The song was super popular in minstrel shows and is basically a Confederate thing.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

howard was right

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

got your Slop Box ready, extra gravy

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
I'm a Texas alum who has donated $0 since graduating and I say throw the song in the frikken rubbish bin :smug:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fid-RMAm4U

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

this is the most entertaining cspam content in days, thank you

boy I hadn't thought about those IBM weirdos in years, in my memory they're all in black and white

nothing beats a good dive down the wikipedia rabbit hole

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
howard stern makes his staff use aol instant messenger and rants about how texting is dumb

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

has anyone said gently caress you today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress you