Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Inspector Hound posted:

That actually made a bunch of sense lol

Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves bruh.......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Open.... Biden? Is that correct? Are my notes accurate?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

you have to say it in the most deranged way possible

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

if you clap your hands and shout "OPEN BIDEN" the liberal genie will come out of the bottle and grant three wishes to a rich rear end in a top hat that wants you to die

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nichael posted:

Open.... Biden? Is that correct? Are my notes accurate?

Remember Sailor
Embed Ducklo
Open Biden

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Excelzior posted:

Remember Sailor
Embed Ducklo
Open Biden

and only then can u debat

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

BIDEN 'ER UP

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Whats the status on Bates?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

He is preoccupied with his mourning of Ducklo, and thus cannot be embedded currently.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zurtilik posted:

He's a master!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

reminds me of that "hillary lying for 18 minutes" video

what a lying piece of crap lol

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

where the gently caress is my money joe you dumb decrepit bitch?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status/1368974654044598283?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

measured by dollars ok

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

1.9 trillion progressive units

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Just saw that hilarious clip of "those bombs are kinda expensive for a dude who owes me $2000" guy, but does anyone have a link to the full segment?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

since "progressive" now means "centrist" rating this as "True"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Open R. Biden

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'm trying to open biden.exe but it blue screens every time

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Excelzior posted:

I'm trying to open biden.exe but it blue screens every time

it’s a feature

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I love poo poo like this where they where they ignore population growth:

quote:

According to a 2015 study by economists Price Fishback and Valentina Kachanovskaya, total federal spending on New Deal programs was $41.7 billion at that time. Translated into dollars at the time of the Recovery Act's passage, New Deal spending equaled $653 billion. Without any other adjustment, one would conclude that the Recovery Act was the more expensive of the two stimulus programs, which also would make it the most expensive in U.S. history.

However, a lot has happened in the U.S. between the 1930s and the 2000s besides inflation that might lead one to make other adjustments to the numbers. For one thing, the U.S. population more than doubled. On a per capita basis in 2009-adjusted dollars, the Recovery Act cost $2,738, while the New Deal programs cost $5,231. Accordingly, one could reach the conclusion that the Recovery Act cost less than the New Deal but that the two were of a similar order of magnitude.

Let's not stop there. Even after accounting for population growth and inflation, the U.S. economy has grown because of productivity. With this in mind, one could compare the two stimulus programs in terms of the size of the economy when each was enacted. By this measure, the cost of the Recovery Act was equal to 5.7 percent of the nation’s 2008 output. On the other hand, the cost of the New Deal, based on the Fishback-Kachanovskaya numbers, was 40 percent of the nation’s 1929 output. A key reason that the New Deal programs cost substantially more than the Recovery Act is that the former continued for a longer time. Most of the Recovery Act spending took place over three years, but the New Deal spending stretched over seven years, Fishback and Kachanovskaya reported.

The new deal was sized around $6,378 (2019 dollars) per person.
Biden’s bill is ~$5,429 (2019 dollars) per person.

(And that’s not even getting into the fact that the new deal actually helped people directly while Biden is giving money to corps.)

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
whats a Ducklo?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Radirot posted:

whats a Ducklo?

Not much, what's Ducklo with you?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Some kid at my daughter's high school read about Biden wanting to make all kids go to summer school this year and now all the teens are demanding an election recount.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Some kid at my daughter's high school read about Biden wanting to make all kids go to summer school this year and now all the teens are demanding an election recount.

many such cases

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

spacetoaster posted:

LBJ vibes - democratic president with "progressive" dressing getting the yuth to hate him

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

American history began in 1980 when America elected its first President, Ronald Reagan

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

FDR? never heard of him

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

you know, we shouldn't deify FDR because he did a lot of genocide and poo poo but come the gently caress on man you don't get to pretend he didn't exist

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

sexpig by night posted:

you know, we shouldn't deify FDR because he did a lot of genocide and poo poo but come the gently caress on man you don't get to pretend he didn't exist

what

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

20 Blunts posted:

Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves bruh.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8D8Kp_sMu8

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

fdr put americans into concentration camps hth

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

FDR’s continued policy of denying Jewish refugees fleeing the Holocaust was also fairly complicit with that particular genocide.

After the war we like to pretend no one knew what was happening, but the contemporary press accounts make it clear. Excusing American leaders with “well they just assumed all the Jews were lying and the Nazis weren’t as bad as they said” is hard to swallow anymore.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

ooooh thats the stuff :cool:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Trabisnikof posted:

FDR’s continued policy of denying Jewish refugees fleeing the Holocaust was also fairly complicit with that particular genocide.

After the war we like to pretend no one knew what was happening, but the contemporary press accounts make it clear. Excusing American leaders with “well they just assumed all the Jews were lying and the Nazis weren’t as bad as they said” is hard to swallow anymore.

Listen fat, they're just putting them in overflow camps. There is no reason to suspect any malfeasance at these border facilities.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

We're passing landmark legislation ensuring gender equity in the concentration camp industry

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Hey we are in a progressive and equal society where a woman can rise through the ranks by being a torturer at black site facilities and end up the head of the CIA

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

Hey we are in a progressive and equal society where a woman can rise through the ranks by being a torturer at black site facilities and end up the head of the CIA

this is just the unironic liberal conception of what feminism specifically and equality in general is: when the oppressing class has roughly the same demographic proportions as the oppressed class

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

Manager Hoyden posted:

We're passing landmark legislation ensuring gender equity in the concentration camp industry

a new era of on the job safety as osha mandates railings on all guard towers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
give me my loving money you motherfucker