Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Nice thread you got here...! I added it to the newly stickied thread navigator.

Aside from that one of the biggest Forged in the Dark things seems to be the concept of "factions as playable things" so there is a discrete "player character" entity, and "team" entity, which can also mean player characters can enter/exit play dynamically but the team is always there.

Wicked Ones and Forged in the Dark in general is pretty new to me, and the sell is pretty dope sounding.

I was running a very short lived climate fiction / cyberpunk inspired game called "Hack the Planet" which was a Forged in the Dark game. I threw out the setting and instead ended up making a game where all the factions and such were handled in a VRMMORPG where all the pro gamers were situated in Battle City in the real world. Sadly it collapsed before I could get some real traction with it but it is still an idea I'd like to come back to someday.

I don't know that I recommend it? But if you're looking to see how Forged in the Dark works in another genre context not already listed (mecha, fantasy crime, dungeon management, military dark fantasy, and so on) then add "climatepunk" to that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU