Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Update: yeah as astral said, those things are default tags that are permanently added when a forum is created, they cannot be removed easily. However, we will discuss retiring some of these for all forums, so a bunch of them might disappear from byob, too, but that's a broader discussion we'll have on the mod end. Sorry! That was my mistake of misunderstanding how this works, it turns out I'm still learning how this forum works, too. For the time being, the current tag setup is what we'll have, but at least all the fancy new ones are in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Hooray! Another BYOB success story.

Goons Are Gifts

Alrighty it seems that, for now, this thread has accomplished all of its tasks! Thank you everyone, I'll unstick this for now, but feel free to post or hit me up if you have anything else in mind. I'll definitely bring this back up again once we have some new coding background to play around with, I'm very excited for dark mode byob or even the chance for various alternative creative stylesheets

Also the new probe image is :perfect:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

There were some good suggestions for new quote text a while ago-did anything ever get decided there?

Thanks for all your (and astral/Jeff’s) work making byob more fun!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Thanks for all your (and astral/Jeff’s) work making byob more fun!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

biosterous posted:

"i appreciate that $user posted"

"my rad pal $user said"
I liked these a lot

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Still not seeing the pizzatacos tag

Sig by Heather Papps

Goons Are Gifts

Huh? Wait a second didn't this work out?? I should double check things

Goons Are Gifts

I can see them! Can anyone else see them?
Might be some cache thing, but I can make a thread with them it seems

BoldFrankensteinMir

Ah, now I see the confusion. I don't mean Pizza tag and Tacos tag. I mean the third Pizzatacos tag

Which will of course be super useful all the time. I mean, I have MY pizzatacos thread in mind already, I dunno about y'all...

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 25, 2021

Sig by Heather Papps

Goons Are Gifts

Here I changed this thread tag to the taco one, it doesn't properly show up in the app yet for obvious reasons (did anyone submit these to the app makers? I assume it takes a while until it comes in) but in my phone browser it looks fine

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I liked these a lot

I do, too! Sorry this fell under the table here. Ehh, so we can have a custom quote text but the "user posted" part has to stay, as that's added by a thing that is unaware of what forum it's in. However we can add words in front or behind that with ease, as astral said. So maybe something like "User posted this cool thing"? Instead? I'm open for options on this!

Goons Are Gifts

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Ah, now I see the confusion. I don't mean Pizza tag and Tacos tag. I mean the third Pizzatacos tag

Which will of course be super useful all the time. I mean, I have MY pizzatacos thread in mind already, I dunno about y'all...

Oh lol, I completely missed that one and assumed you were talking about the two separate tags the whole time lmao
Sorry that was my bad then, I never submitted this for upload, I'll fix that in a minute!

BoldFrankensteinMir

No worries, it took me a second to find the desktop version anyway, confusing syntax and all

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

What I love most about pizzataco is essentially all spelling-correcting programs will assume you mean pizzicato, making it especially hard to say online, and confusing to people even beyond the confusion we've had here. I enjoy details like that.

Sig by Heather Papps

cruft

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

What I love most about pizzataco is essentially all spelling-correcting programs will assume you mean pizzicato, making it especially hard to say online, and confusing to people even beyond the confusion we've had here. I enjoy details like that.

You monster.

BoldFrankensteinMir

cruft posted:

You monster.

I also enjoy how when writing about my favorite detective, Question Mark, and his adventures solving mysteries in the town of Exclamation Point, if I dictate them to a computer, the results read like somebody having microseizures.

Sig by Heather Papps

Goons Are Gifts

The pizzataco tag is now in!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hello, Welcome and Pizzatacos [Lurkers Must Snack]

BoldFrankensteinMir

Truly this has been
a great day
to pizzataco

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
fusion food is the work of the devil and i only eat swamp toads as my ancestors intended

e: also make byob grant wishes, tia

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goons Are Gifts

Hello my friends, I'm professionally resummoning this thread because I'm a man of my word and I told you, if dark mode can happen, well, byob dark mode can happen, too!
I already bugged the tech nerds with their thick glasses and fancy trousers about it and if we manage to make a full stylesheet css with the elements you guys suggested earlier itt (or new stuff of course), it's not too hard to have a dark byob applied to users who browse byob while having dark mode turned on in their UCP

As you might have known, I can tell you a lot about butts, ants and ant butts, but computers are magical devices from outer space, so if anyone knows how to do this or has any technical question at what a css even is (can someone tell me help) I'm happy to yell at Jeffrey to explain help!!

Into The Mild

make it happen!!!

I’m a “tech nerd” sadly.

cruft

Tech question: do we just copy byob.css and submit byob-only-dark.css?

I can kick up a github project

Goons Are Gifts

Whatever works!! Jeffrey said if we can provide a full stylesheet CSS, just like the one you are looking at right now, he can apply it to the dark mode setting. If that's regular byob but with a slightly darker hammock kitty or a full redesign where all of BYOB appears in burning pink, that's up to us. What does not yet work, sadly, are more complicated or cool specials, like those cool javascript thingies we had itt earlier, but given that we even have those exciting system messages now, I'm sure we aren't that far off anymore

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

We must find and animate the black cat hammock kitty. It is essential.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

what if we added stars to the stylesheet for dark mode kind of like this but you know done nicer by someone with more talent

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Prof. Crocodile

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

what if we added stars to the stylesheet for dark mode kind of like this but you know done nicer by someone with more talent

this is a damned good idea. maybe even van gogh’s starry night.

and we can put a little sleep cap on the hammock kitty.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Prof. Crocodile posted:

this is a damned good idea. maybe even van gogh’s starry night.

and we can put a little sleep cap on the hammock kitty.

Starry Night but color shift it to dark teal and deep violet, put the black hammock kitty on there instead of the landscape, you're welcome

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
can someone explain to me the very slight transparency effect on the hammock cat, i need need need to know why it's only at 90% opacity or whatever

i made another thread about this because i didn't notice thsi thread, very sorry

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Sham bam bamina! posted:

can someone explain to me the very slight transparency effect on the hammock cat, i need need need to know why it's only at 90% opacity or whatever

i made another thread about this because i didn't notice thsi thread, very sorry

See this post from your other thread:

astral posted:

I believe it was because the hammock part of it looked worse in motion on top of everything at full opacity.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i feel like knowing that bob harrison (is that the guy, someone check prepuce's sig) painted the original image is relatively new information. i don't think he has a significant online presence but part of me feels like we could source some higher rez stuff to work with, but another part of me wants things to never change so

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

We need a better version of this for dark mode:

cruft

Okay, I lied, I didn't make a github project.

Maybe if you're interested in working on a dark mode could you post ITT or PM me and I can gauge whether anybody other than me actually wants to perform the work?

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

cruft posted:

Okay, I lied, I didn't make a github project.

Maybe if you're interested in working on a dark mode could you post ITT or PM me and I can gauge whether anybody other than me actually wants to perform the work?

i'm happy to help, though my css isn't fantastic

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Lux Anima

Posting to Nth the opinion that BYOB's night mode should have sweet stars, and like rainbow-y space clouds, and maybe a couple dolphins swimming in space

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Dolphins are illegal in BYOB as they are the unchill jerks of the seas, and also because I am afraid of dolphins, it is a healthy and normal fear

alexandriao

sk posted:

i'm happy to help, though my css isn't fantastic

lol neither is the sites

astral

alexandriao posted:

lol neither is the sites

astral

seriously, you can't get much worse than this mess; everything is overqualified, !important lurks around every corner, don't wander the CSS streets at night folks

I really want to fix it, but in the grand scheme of things sane CSS is more in the 'nice to have' department compared to things like fixing the CMS that was running on versions of apache/php from the dark ages. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The CMS literally is nightmare levels and I am so sorry you and Jeff inherited that poo poo. Seriously.