Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage
So Navalny is arrested upon his return to Russia which seems to be the cue for his team to release a two hour inquiry/documentary on Putin's Palace.
It would seem Russia's unimpeachable president for life has a little side project going when he's not restituting the motherland to its rightful place on the world stage.
I never figured Putin as motivated by wealth or being a money grabber, it turns out I'm right: he just really likes to spend it!

Youtube, timecoded for the part where they start the aerial view of the complex, English subtitles available.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipAnwilMncI&t=1840s

What impact will this revelation have on the political landscape?
According to Russian pundits, absolutely none lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

^^^^
Start digging you pleb, you think Putin got all this handed to him?

I like the tunnel to the beach most, but I can't figure out how the gigantic blast door is supposed to work, it almost looks like a drawer complete with a rocky facade?

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

Klyith posted:

I think it is just a trompe loeil thing, where if you were on a boat or plane that was respecting the no-fly zone it'd look like a flat cliff.

If that whole thing could move that'd be nuts, but I can't see any reason to do that. The beach entrance isn't where you'd put the safehouse and secret escape rocket.

It could be where his private ekranoplan is berthed though

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

Well that was painful. Thanks?

Klyith posted:

Navalny is at the very least a nationalist who is playing to russian xenophobia to remain popular and not get branded as a tool of the west, he's not a liberal by any western standard. If he was a US politician he'd be a sucky option. But all the liberals anti-putin people got jailed or killed already.

Ah. I haven't followed Navalny closely but the little I've watched has a fast and loose quality about it, I get the feel he's cutting more corners than an escape in GTA V. Reminds me of Michael Moore in that he's playing it up for effect when the material he's sitting on would be truly explosive if he treated it seriously.