Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Birthday Party 17 29.31%
Legit vs Penelope 6 10.34%
Hardy Party vs Top Flight and Sydal 11 18.97%
Inner Circle Tag 24 41.38%
Total: 58 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Senerio posted:

Yeah, it has to be either Riho or Yuka coming in. Possibly both

Yuka did drop the belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

Comoroto is another product of the nightmare factory that looks miles ahead of any PC graduate

Comoroto is actually another in the Tay Conti, "Nightmare Factory fixes whatever the fed taught them wrong" success story. Like his early matches he had the look but it was super clear no one trusted him to work a full match and now he's getting offense on Jon Moxley and it's cool as hell.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

Meanwhile the only consistent ratings mover on NXT is Io Shirai, so AEW should definitely roll a dumptruck of money to her house

That's what the truck is doing in Orlando.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

smarxist posted:

anyone else feel like Private Party are taking the Impact titles?

I think it is too early for the Good Brothers to drop a fall in the context of this angle, but it also feels like the AEW and TNA halves of the angle are separate enough to not really matter if you beat the Good Brothers on one show while keeping them working on Dynamite.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

harperdc posted:

Also was the Sammy Hagar shout-out literally a Cameo video?

When I looked into it during the show it didn't look like Sammy Hagar was on Cameo for it, but also I'm not super proficient at finding people on Cameo (or if there are non-Cameo versions) to be certain.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW is, as of now, still holding its PPV on Saturday, February 27th. If they move it, it might end up on a Sunday but they haven't even confirmed it's moving yet.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 23, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I am the dumbest boy alive.

I even looked to see if they announced it moving after I posted, blissfully unaware I put 29 instead of 27.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Holy gently caress, Eddie Kingston

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

When he was on Renee Paquette's podcast she sounded confident that he'd get a title run at some point. There is so much money in a face Eddie Kingston making one big push for the AEW title as a redemption arc and I think AEW has to recognise that

God an Eddie Kingston run as the old gunsligner going after his eternal goal despite his body failing him as he beats Maxwell Jacob Friedman. The Eddie Kingston story is one of pathos though, so it's weird to me that an Eddie title run wouldn't be followed by the day after a triumph being just as hollow as the day after a tragedy.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

There's no way Eddie doesn't get turned face by the crowd if he wins the title, just look at how many cheers he was getting during the Moxley feud

Eddie "I know my own name" Kingston.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
What the gently caress does a heel Mox in AEW even look like?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ICR posted:

I agree with this. I think it’s the same. The closest I feel to heel for him is NJPW run but even still, it’s got a lot of similarities to what he does now. NJPW just allowed him to say cusses.

How soon does ICR forget AEW Champion Jon "Hey, what the gently caress" Moxley.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Best Friends Explode has to happen at some point.

I mean, Chuck Taylor will loving murder Trent? without having to do a breakup angle.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Also it will have to wait until Chuck gets one of his dumb friends (Ricochet, Johnny Gargano, Drew Gulak) before Trent? can go off and do what he wants.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The Captain, Shawn Dean is just filling the Skipper Kazu shaped hole in his heart.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

But I want Hook vs Jungle Boy for the rights to Tarzan Boy.

Hook wins but instead ends up with the Blues Traveler song instead.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There used to be literally hundreds of the frogs in the Dynamite OPs

I still have a file on my computer labeled "frog bumper.odt," but I wanted to clean up for season two of Dynamite so it became the Waiting Room gif hour.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I could see Dark getting longer, especially if the second show is live or taped weekly. Dark literally started out as dark matches for the tv tapings, so factor in 1-2 extra hours of wrestling for the Dynamite crowd and 2-3 hours for the second show crowd and you easily have a 3-5 hour dark weekly.

When do you think the third tv hour would be filmed?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Holy poo poo Gordon Hayward as Chris Jericho. :lol:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

:emptyquote:

MorningMoon posted:

i will gladly eat a probation for this awful post but pls have it be after dynamite ty

A compromise has been reached and accepted.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Would you guys trust AEW to book Okada well for a couple years, if Okada was so inclined?

AEW would respect the hell out of Okada, I have no idea how AEW will book any of the people on top for a couple of years, but my answer is probably

edit: can you elaborate, because there are a couple of things I think might hurt AEW's ability to book Okada but I'd like to know what you think is disqualifying?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

smarxist posted:

coooool you get busted eye Santana

Yeah that was my major thing of note, Punished Santana!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

graph posted:

welp, moving revolution was a good idea lol

It's getting moved from February 27th, not March 6th.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

duckdealer posted:

Yes but there is a Canelo PPV scheduled on that day!

Alright yeah, a Sunday PPV is acceptable compromise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Dynamite: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3957197
New Discussion Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3957222

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 28, 2021