Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Have you tried being basic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
If you’re hefty, try to lose some lbs. Don’t lie down after eating. Cut out alcohol.

Godspeed, op.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Don’t lie down after eating.

what does this do? I passed out immediately after dinner for like three hours

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

twoday posted:

what does this do? I passed out immediately after dinner for like three hours

if you take tums and lie down after eating the bicarbonate can build up and trigger the nausea reflex

also laying on your left side helps suppress acid buildup

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
That’s fancier than my response, which is lying down after eating contributes to acid reflux and upset stomach.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

There's a surgery you can get where they put a rubber band around the opening of your stomach, get that IMO

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP6frGtC5gw

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Had to be on three rounds of antibiotics a couple years back and I've had constant belching attacks since along with acidic stomach issues and swallowing issues on occasion. Pretty pissed about it since I wouldn't have had that many rounds if my doctors hadn't prescribed too weak an antibiotic the second go-around and I want to have Indian food and coffee without being in misery.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

That’s fancier than my response, which is lying down after eating contributes to acid reflux and upset stomach.

aha, but I don't have that so whatever, I was worried it would make me fatter somehow

twoday
May 4, 2005

TUMS

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

twoday posted:

aha, but I don't have that so whatever, I was worried it would make me fatter somehow

If I have two ounces of orange juice it’s followed by three hours of heartburn.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I had heartburn earlier from a can of peppercorn steak chunky soup (no not recommend, its like a week's work of sodium, so good), and took a tums and it went away.

but do not take them on tricyclic antibiotics. Holy hell just do not

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
this thread is c-spam material for sure

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Drunkboxer posted:

tums works from early in the morning until late in the evening. It makes many calls and has many meetings.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Aug 10, 2023
neither does the Network!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

sd6
Jan 14, 2008

This has all been posted before, and it will all be posted again
Yeah tums are last resort

Try to eat a healthy diet and don't lay down too soon after eating, and in the same vein don't eat too late at night

If you're a dipshit like me who likes to smoke weed and eat too much food and lay down immediately after, lay on your left side

Hope this helps op

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
just don't eat food and remain constantly stressed out and tired. works for me.

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

lie down on left side huh, I will try and employ this pro tip and see how well it works. haven't had antacids in years though, I'm all about those probiotics and eating vegetables occasionally

I remember idly eating a bunch of the multi-color flavored tums in my college dorm room one night because I was bored and they kind of tasted good, in a chalky artificial way. well I wasn't keeping track and my guts started rebelling and I realized "oh I'm snacking on medicine, that's pretty loving dumb of me."

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Just take a half-shot apple cider vinegar instead. Instead of the basic tums oxidizing the stomach acid it tricks your gut into dialing back acid production.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tums work

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Tums can cause your stomach to produce more acid over time, so i suppose that's a type of working

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

that doesn't happen to me

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

You might need to eat a whole buttload of tums to ruin your stomach chemistry, I'm not a doctor

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i'm a doctor and i recommend TUMS

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Well alright then, thanks doc! bring on the gavage of cheeseburgers and tums!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

I discovered what could be a secret message in the name. a new genre of magazine/website the world isn't ready for

TUMS SMUT