Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm so glad to be watching this poo poo again. :allears: I never bothered to watch Katy Keene so having this 45 year old high school boxer guest star for cross promotion is the schad I needed.

Actual lol at Betty blackmailing her way into the snuff film festival and running into Jellybean because she got an email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Riverdale Season Five: I am moving back to the city, and I am becoming a Real Housewife.

An unhinged episode for a rather anticlimactic end to the VHS plot. Then again, Mr Honey wasn't involved with any of this??

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

This episode made me more emotional than I thought as well. I don't care for the relationship fallout much but the friendship breakup got me. I hope we can see the Core 4 reunite platonically at first and not immediately rush into pairing them up again. But I'm genuinely excited for the seven year timeskip.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I love how they can just raid a house no questions asked but they actively explained how the characters can be teachers at the high school without the credentials.

Veronica's plot is so bad.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
There's a poignant message about veterans somewhere in this episode, between the alien abductions and child labour exploitation.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I strongly suspect the aliens are connected to the murder truck, I'm not sure how but that's the vibe I get.

With Archie and Veronica out of the way this is absolutely going to be a set up for Betty and Jughead to team up again and probably get back together.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Veronica divorcing her husband but still finding the time to play into Hiram's bullshit... girl the call is coming from inside the house!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
That shotgun prison wedding scene has to be proof the writers are in on the joke. This episode was BONKERS for no reason. And they didn't even kill Charles/Chic off :psyduck:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Truly forgot everything about this season through that long hiatus including how unhinged this show's energy is. It's like nothing else on TV.

I yelled when Cheryl showed us her brother's skeleton in the trunk. Goddamn, just let the man rest.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, was this the musical episode of the season? If so, glad we got that over with, but wish it had more Little Shop of Horrors songs.

It's not :lol: The musical this season is Next to Normal and it sounds incredible: Refusing to accept what’s going on around her, Alice (Mädchen Amick) creates an imaginary musical fantasy world in which the Coopers are one big happy family again. But as her mother continues to spiral, Betty (Lili Reinhart) does her best to pull her back to reality.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I have some intense whiplash from how quickly so many plots were resolved in this episode. A half-Blossom murder family? Why not, the Blossoms are behind everything else anyway. Polly's death seemed inevitable all season but drat that scene with Betty and Alice finding her body :smith:

I have no idea what the gently caress is happening with Cheryl's story. Just have this show go full Sabrina at this point.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Veronica killing her husband just to instantly reach the old married couple stage with Archie is funny. I hope that they're done for good.

Anyways I recently lost somebody in my extended family so I definitely connected to the music more than the average viewer. I've had I Am The One on repeat.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Argue posted:

https://twitter.com/ArchieComics/status/1446145758638579719

well I guess I'll be coming back to this fuckin show for an ep or two

:laffo: no loving way. I guess Cheryl really is a witch. I hope she brings Michelle Gomez with her. I heard Riverdale needs some teachers.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Riverdale Season 5: “That would be the secret ingredient I added. Tears that the Virgin Mary shed at the crucifixion.”

Comrade Fakename posted:

My concern for “Rivervale” is that it’s a setup for putting this Sabrina stuff in the show that allows them to not make magic actually “real” in the Riverdale canon. But this seems to betray the show they’ve been making for years now - this is now a work that is solely about jumping the shark multiple times a week, how is magic a shark too far? I come to Riverdale for escalation of madness, not half-measures.

I could see it being like WandaVision where it's not actually happening but it manifests in the real Riverdale after.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The Sunday timeslot keeps throwing me off.

Why does the town not seem to care that another serial killer has shown up? Why is Jughead manifesting more powers while Archie/Betty aren't? Why does Rose want control of Riverdale? What is going on.

I really hope Hiram is dead dead because that was some good growth and acting from Veronica but I don't trust this show.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
'Spontaneous human combustion? That's extremely unlikely. It's probably pyrokinesis.' :lol:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
A time traveller weaponizes a biblical angel to end racism on Christmas Eve. This episode ruled.

Can’t wait for Archie to summon King Arthur in the Holy Grail war to prevent the Third Impact.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Didn't Charles try to stab Betty and Alice to death last time he saw them? And you're telling me Betty read his aura and it's fine?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Riverdale Season Six: "Harlot of Babylon Behavior"

That Chilling Adventures of Sabrina closure was... uhh...

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Archie singlehandedly stopping the comet from flattening the East Coast:

I'm feeling that this ends in some time travel shenanigans and the final season is reset back to high school.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Haven't posted here all season because I'm struggling to even keep up. I thought the 1950s would be an interesting change of pace but it's been so loving boring. I've seen photos of them filming the last episode and they're STILL in the 1950s? What is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm very late to the Riverdale funeral but I just finished the finale.

That... was an episode of TV! One last shoutout to Lili Reinhart and her acting for making me cry when the writing didn't. S7 was definitely my least favourite season. It felt lobotomized. The show was supposed to be so bad it's good. This year was just boring. I liked the concept in theory but it's like they became self aware that they went off the rails and tried to fix it at the worst time. Why did the 1930s last the ENTIRE season? I need to know why they decided that because that did not seem to be in the cards at first. I know Riverdale isn't the first piece of fiction to go to when you want a time paradox plot but this was almost literally a hand wave. Tabitha saved everybody and they all survived but they still couldn't go back to the future? Okay.

I think my biggest issue with S7 was a Ship of Theseus dilemma. These were the same actors and same names but they didn't feel like the same characters. In the end they're watching their memories on a TV and not recognizing themselves and they live and die in a very different world.

Love how this show wrote itself into a corner with all the 'endgame' stuff only for it to end in a foursome with them never being in the same place again after high school :lol: