Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

no games specifically, but I want to actually finish a FromSoft game this year. I'm playing through Dark Souls currently, kind of stalling in Blighttown as I have so many times before. I get to a point with all of them where I feel like I'm making headway and then hit walls and get my poo poo pushed in 100 times in a row and get discouraged. I'm very bad at them! alas

also, starting to play some fighting games this year. I hadn't played more than 2 or 3 matches of Soul Calibur 3, whenever the hell that came out, since Super Street Fighter 2 as a kid. feel a little more competent every day but still constantly punished for stupid mistakes. it's fun, though; playing some Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R thanks to the IZI thread cluing me in to the great netcode and sale price, Battle Fantasia as a recommendation for a good learner's fighting game, and Vampire Savior on Fightcade with a friend who's really into that game.

2021 is going to be a great year for gaming, for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i hope GG strive is sick, every FG should be launching with rollback but still nervous about how ugly the UI is and how lovely the lobbies are

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

u better watch out or my boats wjll come sailin and take your gold I bet your fort isn't even level 2, brythoniad will be mine okay

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Don’t mind Knuc. He’s the forum’s repressed homosexual with a chip on his shoulder.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Wormskull posted:

Don’t mind Knuc. He’s the forum’s repressed homosexual with a chip on his shoulder.

yeah, salt and vinegar if you kniew what I've saykng

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Youve been talking about my rear end, my holes and my sexualkity for 14 years.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Scared?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ever since Spambot flamed me in 2007 for saying that I dont shave my rear end I have had a revolving door of fuckwits tkaing turns to say I love men. Enough. I'm 35 years old and have a family now.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ever since Spambot flamed me in 2007 for saying that I dont shave my rear end I have had a revolving door of fuckwits tkaing turns to say I love men. Enough. I'm 35 years old and have a family now.

You’re 35 queers old, and your family is the first ever in generations to be 100% gay across the board.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Nothing really, would like to beat Yakuza 1 and play the Neir Replicant game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm planning on this too, starting from Kiwami (I already beat 0) You should make a simul-play thread.

figure i'd just use the already existing yakuza thread for that when i start

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

keeping my rear end hairy to attract the men

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm gonna have a lot less time for gaming this year so I'm gonna set a modest goal:

Beat Shadow Hearts
Beat Wild Arms
Beat Quake

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
i keep saying that i want to play more shmups, might as well make this the year

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fungah! posted:

goals:
  • la-mulana 2

this is a pretty ambitious list, but as long as i get the first four done this year i'll be satisfied

I started playing La Mulana 2 in the gap between the Spelunky 2 console launch and PC launch in hopes it would satisfy some of the craving, even though the only similarity between them is the hat the main character wears. Turns out I didn't like Spelunky 2 that much (it's pretty good, don't get me wrong) but I totally forgot to go back to La Mulana 2, which I was really enjoying a lot. Thanks for the reminder, definitely bumped it up my to-do list.

Also, Disco Elysium isn't a short game, but there's very little friction/parts to potentially get stuck on, so if the writing and setting clicks for you you'll probably burn through it in a few days. At this point though it's probably worth postponing until the big (free) update comes in March which adds a shitload of new voice acting among other stuff

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

yet the ghost of a russian hobowhose last breath was a sweet wiff of the purest distilled jenkem and whose last meal was a handful of korokodil haunts you to this very day.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Death Stranding is gonna be my big game this year, unless Nintendo announces anything really crazy. I'd like to get the new Pokemon Snap, and maybe I'll give in and buy the Mario 3D collection.

Beyond that, hopefully working on my backlog. Imps got me really excited to play Yakuza 3. I want to try Tomb Raider Anniversary because I heard it was good like 3 years ago. I really enjoyed Doom 1 on Switch so I just bought Doom 64, and I might end up playing REmake 1 for the 20th time. Hopefully I make it through a year of Animal Crossing.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

figure i'd just use the already existing yakuza thread for that when i start

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

i hope GG strive is sick, every FG should be launching with rollback but still nervous about how ugly the UI is and how lovely the lobbies are

Are they using the same styl of lobby as the current one? That’s the only lovely thing is the lobby and the ranked matches like nobody really plays

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lmfao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

apropos to nothing posted:

Are they using the same styl of lobby as the current one? That’s the only lovely thing is the lobby and the ranked matches like nobody really plays

The Xrd lobbies are probably the best ones they've ever made just because you can have multiple games running and infinite rematch. The Strive lobbies have you make cartoon avatars which you then have to overlap with the person you want to fight and then you both confirm from there. In the beta it was a mess because it was very crowded and it was difficult to select the person you actually wanted to have a game with. Everyone hated it and complained about it but they continue to show that they don't care about player feedback with Strive and they made a big blogpost about how that's the direction they're going in.

Strive won't actually have a ranked match system, instead you are placed into different "rooms" in the lobbies based on your match record, and in the beta you couldn't manually change the room. This led to people winning a bunch of games and then ending up in an empty room so they couldn't play any more.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

I started playing La Mulana 2 in the gap between the Spelunky 2 console launch and PC launch in hopes it would satisfy some of the craving, even though the only similarity between them is the hat the main character wears. Turns out I didn't like Spelunky 2 that much (it's pretty good, don't get me wrong) but I totally forgot to go back to La Mulana 2, which I was really enjoying a lot. Thanks for the reminder, definitely bumped it up my to-do list.

Also, Disco Elysium isn't a short game, but there's very little friction/parts to potentially get stuck on, so if the writing and setting clicks for you you'll probably burn through it in a few days. At this point though it's probably worth postponing until the big (free) update comes in March which adds a shitload of new voice acting among other stuff

the la-mulana games are so fuckin good, psycho solo japanese game devs ftw. if you havent played 1 you should do it after 2, it's basically a perfect metroidvania and its got a god-tier soundtrack

i've bounced off disco elysium twice now, once a game-breaking bug ate my save at the end of the first day and the second time i died of a heart attack and hadn't saved in like three hours. the world and writing are kick-rear end, i just need to get past the first day

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

i've bounced off disco elysium twice now, once a game-breaking bug ate my save at the end of the first day and the second time i died of a heart attack and hadn't saved in like three hours. the world and writing are kick-rear end, i just need to get past the first day

lol did you put like no points into that one physical stat and kick the fireplace like i did? i do wish it auto-saved once in awhile, it is easy to lose progress. i just gotta learn to save more often i guess. it's also a little quicker to catch up to your old saves because so much of the game is reading that you can kind of skip past it if you have to do it a second time. i had to quit back in november of 2019 because my laptop just wouldn't play it and i got instantly addicted to it last night.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol yeah pretty much. i picked a fight with the racist guy and he obliterated me, then i did some other small thing that killed me. thwe game seriously kicks rear end though, its so well written

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i have all my points in Drama, Empathy, Inland Empire and Visualization so far and i enjoy that the only time it feels weak is when i lose HP. they make so many passive rolls that it never feels bad when you fail a check. like i dropped a die that rolled into a crack and got lost and the way it's made, you don't feel like you want to reload or anything, it's just kind of... what happened.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

In Training posted:

same and same but tbh im personally ready to forgive every poo poo design decision as long as the gameplay is fun and the online is good. the animation looks sick imo and i thought a lot of the characters looked fun from the pro exhibition.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

40 lbs to freedom posted:

same and same but tbh im personally ready to forgive every poo poo design decision as long as the gameplay is fun and the online is good. the animation looks sick imo and i thought a lot of the characters looked fun from the pro exhibition.

im happy about the Damage (the blue stuff!! ungh ungh) so ill buy that poo poo day 1 anyway.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its going to be a wet stinking fart with bits of turd inside much like gran blue fantasy, dragon ball, the tag game, and possibly another game arcsys has made that i forgot aobut

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

lol yeah pretty much. i picked a fight with the racist guy and he obliterated me, then i did some other small thing that killed me. thwe game seriously kicks rear end though, its so well written

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

its going to be a wet stinking fart with bits of turd inside much like gran blue fantasy, dragon ball, the tag game, and possibly another game arcsys has made that i forgot aobut

:yum: