Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Mario super file. Every mainline game 100 percent on a single system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The ceiling fan to wheelchair death combo is one of the greatest pieces of slapstick in gaming

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sex Tragedy posted:

Mario super file. Every mainline game 100 percent on a single system.

what about Mario galaxy 2

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Dragon Quest XI, probably IX, maybe VII
Yakuza 0
The Saga games until I get confused in Romancing Saga 1 again and quit
SpaceChem
DROD
Alternately, Slay the Spire dailies all year rather than any of that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

Dragon Quest XI, probably IX, maybe VII
Yakuza 0
The Saga games until I get confused in Romancing Saga 1 again and quit
SpaceChem
DROD
Alternately, Slay the Spire dailies all year rather than any of that

so your goal is...to give up your goals and play slay the spure

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
drod ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

END OF Q1 CHECK-IN

• all the yakuza games 3-7 (beat 3, halfway through 4)
  • la-mulana 2
  • SMT5 and the nocturne remaster
  • saga frontier remastered
  • two other saga or saga-adjacent games i haven't played (saga frontier 2, unlimited, last remnant, treasure of the rudras, legend of mana)
  • bravely default 2 (have a save literally at the final boss for when i'm done with monster hunter)
  • gagharv trilogy
  • disco elysium
  • monster hunter rise
  • stardew valley 1.5

feeling good about my goals so far, i feel like i'm gonna rip rear end through yakuza 4 next time i play and then probably 5 too out of excitement for six. smt5 and nocturne aren't out yet but that's going to be some strong summer gaming. bd2 is basically done, just playing monster hunter for now. i think that ultimately this list is pretty doable, although i'm gonna have to hustle to get through. i'm shooting to get any six of these done, i think, wth the rest as extra credit

e: forgot to include stardew 1.5 too, shoudl be some nice cozy gaming at some point

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Sure, why not.

Dragon Quest XI, probably IX, maybe VII - in what I assume is the last dungeon of act 2 in XI, so like another 65 hours to go
Yakuza 0 - haven't played
The Saga games until I get confused in Romancing Saga 1 again and quit - beat saga 2, 3, romancing saga 1, in gen 2 or 3 I think in RS2
SpaceChem - haven't played
DROD - haven't played
Alternately, Slay the Spire dailies all year rather than any of that - stopped playing dailies, still stuck at Defect A13

I think I beat a couple of other old rear end RPGs but mostly I underestimated how long DQXI is.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

First goal is wrapping up Cyberpunk. Then it's going to be Year of the Yakuza. Planning on playing them all in order, taking breaks with other smaller stuff in between. Also SMT5 and the Nocturne remaster.

I'm on course so far. Beat Cyberpunk and Yakuza 1-3, may start 4 tonight depending how deep I get into the new Isaac expansion. Nocturne is out at the end of May, so I should be done with Yakuza 4 & 5 by then, which sets me up swimmingly to complete my goals.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

I'd like to 1CC Ketsui Deathtiny and finish acquiring all titles in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

I haven't played Ketsui at all but I have one small crown Crystalbeard Uragaan left to slay and I'll have 100%ed MHGU, although at this point I want to go the extra mile and do all EX hunts as well.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I got the Death Stranding platinum, so that was cool.

Just started Super Mario 64. Not sure if I'm good enough for 120 stars but I'd like to get to the end. It was my first videogame.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh I also picked up Xenoblade 2 but I'm not sure I'll finish before next year lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i didnt 1cc kyukyoku tiger but dodonpachi is pissing me off so i might go back to it. i've stuck to not buying any games this year so far

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Simple goals this year

1. Don't buy new games just play what I have
2. Don't start up more than two games at once (stuff where you do a little a day like AC not counted)
3. Finish what I start unless I totally hate it

Doing well on 2 and 3 pretty much. 1 I have not bought any new games but I just got a PS5 so probably gonna get Demon Soulsss's and Death Loop so I don't just use it to play Team Ico games

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Finish the Dragon Quest series (finish 5, then 6-9 and 11)

Play all the Final Fantasy remasters (7 through 12, and the 13 trilogy)

Finish all 4 routes of Fire Emblem: Three Houses (I think I can finish the third in the next few days and then I’ll only have the Black Eagles/side with Edelgard path left.

Speaking more generally I’m aiming for 2021 to be the Year of the JRPG, so I probably won’t be able to finish all these along with all the other JRPGs I’ll be trying as well, on top of all the non-JRPG games that I’ll still be tempted into occasionally, so it’s more of an aspirational goal than a realistic one, but this is what I’ll have in mind this year.

Only checked one off the board so far. Year of the JRPG hasn’t taken off just yet mostly thanks to farming games which I got really addicted to. But I just got back into dq5 a few days ago and I’m planning on starting the Ni no Kuni remaster after I beat Sakura Wars so I’ll buckle down soon :hai: (Sakura Wars was supposed to be the start of me recommitting to JRPGs with a shorter one but it turns out it has no RPG elements whatsoever and I just assumed it did because the old games were SRPGs :sweatdrop:)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

i have a terrible habit of starting a game and even if i really like it, i'll put it on hold to start a different one, so they just pile up over time. i'm gonna make my goal to beat all the games i can remember being partway through recently before i pick up anything new.

• Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Yakuza 0
  • Amid Evil
  • Doom Eternal
  • Pikmin 3
  • Super Mario 64 (120 stars)

going pretty well so far even if life keeps getting in the way. it'll probably be 3H finished first since i'm getting pretty invested in it, then knocking out Pikmin 3 before tackling the rest of Y0.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Thinking I want to make this the year of the JRPG as well, specifically PS1/PS2 RPGs. Started a Wild Arms playthrough the other night and I've got Breath of Fire III going as well...

Well I did beat Wild Arms

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

All my goals went out the window while I play the Yakuza series forever.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goals for 2021

- Beat ring fit
- Dq11 all ultimate gear +3, new superboss defeated. already have the final recipes
- beat nioh 2
- beat yakuza 6
- beat yakuza 7
- complete mario 3d world
- complete nsmbu

thats it for now that I can think of

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My only gaming goal this year is to become the imp zone’s premier Hunting Horn maestro.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

1. Drop hot, blow out, and get a fat win in WarZone.
2. Reach one billion followers.
3. Play PUBG with my girlfriend.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

1. Drop hot, blow out, and get a fat win in WarZone.
2. Reach one billion followers.
3. Play PUBG with my girlfriend.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i want to finish at least 3 or 4 rpg's in japanese, preferably cool/relatively unknown ones

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Shibawanko posted:

i want to finish at least 3 or 4 rpg's in japanese, preferably cool/relatively unknown ones

I played some of tenkai makyou 2 aka far east of Eden 2 on my pc engine mini a few months ago its not 2 read. The gameplay isnt earth shattering but it lools and sounds cool.

There a bunch of stuff on saturn like princess crown, a million langrisser games, etc.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/nanatsu-kaze-no-shima-monogatari/ this game which is cool but i havent completed becuase i need to take notes to keep track of all the characters and crap its more of an adventure game like monkey island etc.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ladystalker the snes sort of land stalker spin off that sounds like the name of a serial killer from hollywood is also good

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

I played some of tenkai makyou 2 aka far east of Eden 2 on my pc engine mini a few months ago its not 2 read. The gameplay isnt earth shattering but it lools and sounds cool.

There a bunch of stuff on saturn like princess crown, a million langrisser games, etc.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/nanatsu-kaze-no-shima-monogatari/ this game which is cool but i havent completed becuase i need to take notes to keep track of all the characters and crap its more of an adventure game like monkey island etc.

haha that game looks cool, i think ive played it at some point long ago

i got a stack of various rpg's lying around, mostly stuff my wife gave me from her childhood, couple of psx persona's, arc the lad, grandia, i also have madou monogatari for saturn. i have tengai makyo zero for super famicom on cart too but it's busted and i haven't managed to fix it, i think it's because it has a weird real time clock chip for ingame events, but i can try the pc engine version instead

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
monopolize the european trucking industry in Euro Truck Simulator 2

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I got the Death Stranding platinum, so that was cool.

Just started Super Mario 64. Not sure if I'm good enough for 120 stars but I'd like to get to the end. It was my first videogame.

It took a lot of effort and frustration, but I was good enough for 120 stars. The game isn't perfect but I had a lot of fun and I'm proud I didn't give up on Rainbow Ride or Tick Tock Clock.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

END OF Q2 CHeCK-IN

• all the yakuza games 3-7 (beat 3 and 4, almost done with 5)
  • la-mulana 2
  • SMT5 and the nocturne remaster (in progress)
  • SaGa frontier remastered (3/8 endings complete)
  • two other SaGa or SaGa-adjacent games i haven't beaten (saga frontier 2, unlimited, last remnant, treasure of the rudras, legend of mana)
  • bravely default 2
  • gagharv trilogy
  • disco elysium
  • monster hunter rise
  • stardew valley 1.5 (played a shitload of it, i'll call it done when i get grandpa's evaluation and get ginger island built up)

killing it on my list for this year. i wanted to hit six goals and halfway through i'm doing great. probably going to finish yakuza 5 next, chewing away at legend of mana and nocturne. may need to come up with some new goals if i keep rolling like this

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 5
Yakuza 6
Yakuza: Like a Dragon

A little bit behind pace... I would have liked to have finished Y3 by now. I took a lot of time between 2 and 3 though, and I think I can definitely still finish this.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Thinking I want to make this the year of the JRPG as well, specifically PS1/PS2 RPGs. Started a Wild Arms playthrough the other night and I've got Breath of Fire III going as well...

Well so far I beat a PS1 RPG and an HD remake of a PS2 RPG. I’m on my way

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

I'd like to 1CC Ketsui Deathtiny and finish acquiring all titles in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

I haven't done either of these but I just need one Mini Crown Crystalbeard Uragaan to complete the latter. I just went insane crown hunting MHGU for 5 weeks straight in the lead up to Rise and stopped 99.9% of the way through the monster list.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

drat, nice bump. using this post to find my others

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

First goal is wrapping up Cyberpunk. Then it's going to be Year of the Yakuza. Planning on playing them all in order, taking breaks with other smaller stuff in between. Also SMT5 and the Nocturne remaster.

I'm pretty much killin it. In part 2 of Yakuza 5 atm, beat Nocturne remaster + other quick games that popped up (Oxenfree, Night in the Woods, Binary Domain, and I started up Ori 2 the other day). Hoping to be done with Yakuza before SMT5 in November, but if not it's not the end of the world. I'm also nearing the end of Xenoblade 2 but I hit a wall trying to find a keycard in an area with like 3 unique monsters that respawn on every reload lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

i have a terrible habit of starting a game and even if i really like it, i'll put it on hold to start a different one, so they just pile up over time. i'm gonna make my goal to beat all the games i can remember being partway through recently before i pick up anything new.

• Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Yakuza 0
  • Amid Evil
  • Doom Eternal
  • Pikmin 3
  • Super Mario 64 (120 stars)

i totally faltered, but i made good enough progress early on that i think i can let it slide, as long as i beat Y0 and Pikmin 3 by the end of the year i'll be content. it also helps that doing this encouraged me to stick with a game all the way through rather than jumping from one to another.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

symbolic posted:

i totally faltered, but i made good enough progress early on that i think i can let it slide, as long as i beat Y0 and Pikmin 3 by the end of the year i'll be content. it also helps that doing this encouraged me to stick with a game all the way through rather than jumping from one to another.

I also have your put-a-game-on-hold habit, so far its cost me Death Stranding, Yakuza 7, Resi 8, Guilty Gear Strive, Gears 5, and probably some others.

If I manage to beat Dark Souls 3 then that'll be my 2021 gaming goal done and i"ll be got-dang proud. After that I should prod myself to get back to Y7....deciding whether to carry on my Steam save or start again for the achievements on gamepass.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

herculon posted:

Achieved my 2020 goal. Now my 2021 goal is to get all the artworks

Posted in the AC thread. 12 pieces to go and Redd is not cooperating.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm gonna have a lot less time for gaming this year so I'm gonna set a modest goal:

Beat Shadow Hearts
Beat Wild Arms
Beat Quake

I haven't even begun trying to do any of these :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 5
Yakuza 6
Yakuza: Like a Dragon

A little bit behind pace... I would have liked to have finished Y3 by now. I took a lot of time between 2 and 3 though, and I think I can definitely still finish this.

Basically changed my goals to this shortly after playing yakuza 0. gonna put the rest in my gaming backlog for next year to play in between a bunch of JRPGs