Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goals:
  • all the yakuza games 3-7
  • la-mulana 2
  • SMT5 and the nocturne remaster
  • saga frontier remastered
  • two other saga or saga-adjacent games i haven't played (saga frontier 2, unlimited, last remnant, treasure of the rudras, legend of mana)
  • bravely default 2
  • gagharv trilogy
  • disco elysium

this is a pretty ambitious list, but as long as i get the first four done this year i'll be satisfied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kull the Conqueror posted:

The only real kick in the pants I need is to finish Super Metroid. I got to the 2nd Ridley fight and couldn't figure it out. Now it's been several months and I'm anxious that I've forgotten the controls and will only ever fail.

youre 90% of the way through the game at minimum, finish the fight

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ever since Spambot flamed me in 2007 for saying that I dont shave my rear end I have had a revolving door of fuckwits tkaing turns to say I love men. Enough. I'm 35 years old and have a family now.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

I started playing La Mulana 2 in the gap between the Spelunky 2 console launch and PC launch in hopes it would satisfy some of the craving, even though the only similarity between them is the hat the main character wears. Turns out I didn't like Spelunky 2 that much (it's pretty good, don't get me wrong) but I totally forgot to go back to La Mulana 2, which I was really enjoying a lot. Thanks for the reminder, definitely bumped it up my to-do list.

Also, Disco Elysium isn't a short game, but there's very little friction/parts to potentially get stuck on, so if the writing and setting clicks for you you'll probably burn through it in a few days. At this point though it's probably worth postponing until the big (free) update comes in March which adds a shitload of new voice acting among other stuff

the la-mulana games are so fuckin good, psycho solo japanese game devs ftw. if you havent played 1 you should do it after 2, it's basically a perfect metroidvania and its got a god-tier soundtrack

i've bounced off disco elysium twice now, once a game-breaking bug ate my save at the end of the first day and the second time i died of a heart attack and hadn't saved in like three hours. the world and writing are kick-rear end, i just need to get past the first day

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol yeah pretty much. i picked a fight with the racist guy and he obliterated me, then i did some other small thing that killed me. thwe game seriously kicks rear end though, its so well written

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

Dragon Quest XI, probably IX, maybe VII
Yakuza 0
The Saga games until I get confused in Romancing Saga 1 again and quit
SpaceChem
DROD
Alternately, Slay the Spire dailies all year rather than any of that

so your goal is...to give up your goals and play slay the spure

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

END OF Q1 CHECK-IN

• all the yakuza games 3-7 (beat 3, halfway through 4)
  • la-mulana 2
  • saga frontier remastered
  • two other saga or saga-adjacent games i haven't played (saga frontier 2, unlimited, last remnant, treasure of the rudras, legend of mana)
  • bravely default 2 (have a save literally at the final boss for when i'm done with monster hunter)
  • gagharv trilogy
  • disco elysium
  • monster hunter rise
  • stardew valley 1.5

feeling good about my goals so far, i feel like i'm gonna rip rear end through yakuza 4 next time i play and then probably 5 too out of excitement for six. smt5 and nocturne aren't out yet but that's going to be some strong summer gaming. bd2 is basically done, just playing monster hunter for now. i think that ultimately this list is pretty doable, although i'm gonna have to hustle to get through. i'm shooting to get any six of these done, i think, wth the rest as extra credit

e: forgot to include stardew 1.5 too, shoudl be some nice cozy gaming at some point

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

END OF Q2 CHeCK-IN

• all the yakuza games 3-7 (beat 3 and 4, almost done with 5)
  • la-mulana 2
  • SMT5 and the nocturne remaster (in progress)
  • SaGa frontier remastered (3/8 endings complete)
  • two other SaGa or SaGa-adjacent games i haven't beaten (saga frontier 2, unlimited, last remnant, treasure of the rudras, legend of mana)
  • bravely default 2
  • gagharv trilogy
  • disco elysium
  • monster hunter rise
  • stardew valley 1.5 (played a shitload of it, i'll call it done when i get grandpa's evaluation and get ginger island built up)

killing it on my list for this year. i wanted to hit six goals and halfway through i'm doing great. probably going to finish yakuza 5 next, chewing away at legend of mana and nocturne. may need to come up with some new goals if i keep rolling like this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive got to finish nocturne and get caught up on saga frontier. yakuza's nearly done though and thats the crown jewels of my goals list

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

Not feeling up for DQVII yet, played through VI too recently. How long is IX if I skip the post game BS?

not super long for a dq, like 40ish hours? maybe less, iirc it's kind of short

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i bought like thirty new games durin lockdown because of boredom, i think my goal for next years gonna be to beat as many as i can. still going to stick to my guns for this year though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

END OF Q3 CHECK-IN

• la-mulana 2
  • SMT5 and the nocturne remaster (in progress)
  • SaGa frontier remastered (4/8 endings complete)
  • two other SaGa or SaGa-adjacent games i haven't beaten (saga frontier 2, unlimited, last remnant, treasure of the rudras, legend of mana)
  • bravely default 2
  • disco elysium
  • monster hunter rise
  • stardew valley 1.5

killin' it. i pulled the gagharv trilogy off the list because it couldnt steal it easily. sorry nene. otherwise i just need to beat nocturne, grind some saga frontier endings, beat treasure of the rudras or sf2, and wait for smt5 to come out. my original post said that i wanted to cross off six things from the list and i already did that, so honestly everythin else is gravy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

• la-mulana 2
  • SaGa frontier remastered (4/8 endings complete)
  • bravely default 2
  • disco elysium
  • monster hunter rise
  • stardew valley 1.5

i wanted to complete six items and i completed six items nd three half items, so i succeeded at my goals this year