Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

Okay everyone. I wanted to keep all of the 9x39mm loading/reloading info and discussion in one place. (and not turn the general reloading thread into 9x39 chat intermittently for the next year or so.)

Also possibly some discussion on "how do I load for wildcats"

For those of you who aren't aware and have archives, here is the original thread for this whole mess.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3752943

Here I want to go through all the load development/thoughts/comments/abuse/input etc.

Tested load data is in the 2nd post.

*more to be added later*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

*reserved for tested load data*

will be edited as info becomes available.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Testing A Thingtm for HGB

Bookmarked and eagerly looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Little bit of finger crossing I'll be fully machining the barrel for my 9x39 bolt action this afternoon.

Plan on test firing it *probably* tomorrow.

Current challenges

Headspacing my reloading die(s)

I have a sizing die i made a while back but didn't have a way to set the depth at the time. (and I made the die too short overall... oops)
Plan for now (albiet a little janky) is once the barrel is headspaced to the rifle. Slowly adjust the die depth down until I get a case the *just* freely chambers.

Long term plan is to *slightly* short chamber some die blanks from Pacific Tool and Gauge. Then hand ream them to depth using a cartridge headspace gauge. (still need to order said gauge)
I could probably get away with just using the rifle as a headspace check but I really want to be making consistent cases long term. Especially once phase 2 of the project starts (the 9x39 AK's)

https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/565-pilot-hole-die-blanks-nopix-

https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/case-gauges-kits/1454-sammi-benchrest-case-gauge.html

Initial test firing loads

I've got 2 reference points for this so far.

1 cheat and use trailboss for an initial test because it's great for "hey I want to make some goofy load and not risk life or limb" (First few shots WILL be trailboss)

2 modify an H110 load from the internet.
Scouring around there's someone who has done some testing with 9x39 loads (link for credit) https://thisguysguns.wordpress.com/2020/01/23/reloading-9x39mm/

He's doing a starting load of 11.0gr of H110 for a 270gr bullet.

I have 286 gr bullets. (profiles are nearly the same between the two the 270's are a little more pointy) So I'm looking at probably doing 10 grains of H110 as a starting point .
Yes I'm aware H110 doesn't like to be under loaded. I'm not looking for consistency in velocities right now. Merely function tests with closer to full pressure rounds.
(The author of the data I'm drawing from even notes that below a certain point H110 load velocities vary by 50+ fps below a certain load point.)

shalafi4 fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 22, 2021

EduardoEspecial
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerously Dexterous Dongs

How did this go? Lose any fingats?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

EduardoEspecial posted:

Post/av combo right here.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

EduardoEspecial posted:

Sorry about no update. Life threw a train at me and been handling that.

Wound up not being able to get the rifle finished up. I got the barrel completed (going to make an effort post with details of that when I can) However whoever put the barrel nut on the Savage is a freeking gorilla. Couldn't get it to pop loose so probably going to call a few local gunsmiths and see what one of them might charge to pop the nut loose for me.

Till that happens I'm dead in the water on anything physically getting done since I need the rifle headspaced to be able to form the brass to the right size.

I am hoping to get a list together soon of powders/potential charge ranges to Wally here soon to number crunch in Quick load for me.

Part of me is also debating on trying to figure out how much pressure it takes to keep a bullet moving within the barrel. Thought being if you have the minimumize the pressure drop possible needed at the muzzle it'll make it quieter.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

shalafi4 posted:

Wound up not being able to get the rifle finished up. I got the barrel completed (going to make an effort post with details of that when I can) However whoever put the barrel nut on the Savage is a freeking gorilla. Couldn't get it to pop loose so probably going to call a few local gunsmiths and see what one of them might charge to pop the nut loose for me.

Till that happens I'm dead in the water on anything physically getting done since I need the rifle headspaced to be able to form the brass to the right size.

On the Savage I took apart, there was some, I think, sand blasting grit on the threads but it just made taking it apart crunchy, didn't seem to create any sort of mechanical lock. I bought the Northland Shooter Supply action and barrel nut wrenches, and I ended up putting the action in the action wrench then the action wrench in a bench vice, then put the nut wrench over the nut, and smacked it a few times with a dead blow hammer, and it popped loose. Didn't have to use any heat or anything, but it was tight enough that just pulling on the nut wrench was lifting my bench before the nut would give loose.

Also, I think I can pull a list of recommended powders from QL so I'll see about sending you that.

Edit: Getting all my QL data in one place for ease of finding it again later.

Wa11y posted:

Just checked QuickLoad with the latest update, there IS a 9 x 39 Subsonic cartridge. Threw in the Hornday 286 grain you mentioned in your previous thread, and went with a 10" barrel, and a 100% charge of H4198 just for a starting place.

shalafi4 posted:

Looking through the variables in the screenshot.

Groove caliber. 0.364

Barrel Length 18"

shalafi4 posted:

9x39 is rated to 51,500 psi not the 40,000 that the older 7.62x39 was. (newer 7.62x39 is rated to ~52ksi as well by CIP)

Wa11y fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Feb 4, 2021

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Wa11y posted:

On the Savage I took apart, there was some, I think, sand blasting grit on the threads but it just made taking it apart crunchy, didn't seem to create any sort of mechanical lock. I bought the Northland Shooter Supply action and barrel nut wrenches, and I ended up putting the action in the action wrench then the action wrench in a bench vice, then put the nut wrench over the nut, and smacked it a few times with a dead blow hammer, and it popped loose. Didn't have to use any heat or anything, but it was tight enough that just pulling on the nut wrench was lifting my bench before the nut would give loose.

Also, I think I can pull a list of recommended powders from QL so I'll see about sending you that.

Edit: Getting all my QL data in one place for ease of finding it again later.

I don't think it's anything mechanical. Just couldn't get enough grip on the action to keep it from slipping within the wrench. The vise I had easy access to just didn't have enough oomph to crank down on the wrench.

Alternately I may just buy a semi descent sized vise. Not like I wouldn't use it long term.

If you can't pull the powder list I may do some digging to get a range of powders in a similar burn rate range.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

shalafi4 posted:

I don't think it's anything mechanical. Just couldn't get enough grip on the action to keep it from slipping within the wrench. The vise I had easy access to just didn't have enough oomph to crank down on the wrench.

Alternately I may just buy a semi descent sized vise. Not like I wouldn't use it long term.

If you can't pull the powder list I may do some digging to get a range of powders in a similar burn rate range.

I have a powder burn rate chart, so getting a list of recommended powders that way isn't hard.

I also remembered how to get a list of recommended powders from QuickLoad, but there's a bit of a snag. In the attached screen shot, you can see the way you can tailor your list of powders. But there's really only three options you can choose at any time: min/max...burn rate, I guess? The BA values, I'm not sure how those correlate to powders, so I just left them wide open. I think that setting would really narrow things down, if I could find the recommended BA values for the powder range we want. Then there's any ONE of the radio button options, I went with velocity set to 1100FPS, so you have a max and can work down from there. And finally there's minimum powder fill percentage. I originally had that set to 75%, but that removed a lot of the more common powders, so I lowered it to 50%, but that gives a BOATLOAD of powders, some of questionable safety, even after I removed any that are specifically noted "DANGEROUS VALUE DO NOT USE".

I'll send you the list I have in a PM, but there's a bunch there.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Wa11y posted:

I have a powder burn rate chart, so getting a list of recommended powders that way isn't hard.

I also remembered how to get a list of recommended powders from QuickLoad, but there's a bit of a snag. In the attached screen shot, you can see the way you can tailor your list of powders. But there's really only three options you can choose at any time: min/max...burn rate, I guess? The BA values, I'm not sure how those correlate to powders, so I just left them wide open. I think that setting would really narrow things down, if I could find the recommended BA values for the powder range we want. Then there's any ONE of the radio button options, I went with velocity set to 1100FPS, so you have a max and can work down from there. And finally there's minimum powder fill percentage. I originally had that set to 75%, but that removed a lot of the more common powders, so I lowered it to 50%, but that gives a BOATLOAD of powders, some of questionable safety, even after I removed any that are specifically noted "DANGEROUS VALUE DO NOT USE".

I'll send you the list I have in a PM, but there's a bunch there.

Sounds good.

I know that the Lee book has a burn rate chart in it (no values just listed from fast to slow) backup plan if Quickload is a pita is find some in the range I know *should* work and go a few powders each way. Might be a bit more of a shotgun approach but might bear results?

Another thing looking at that. I need to figure out a % available case volume. the ~275 gr bullets take up a LOT of the internal case volume. Also a target fps of 1050 please

shalafi4 fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 28, 2021

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

shalafi4 posted:

Sounds good.

I know that the Lee book has a burn rate chart in it (no values just listed from fast to slow) backup plan if Quickload is a pita is find some in the range I know *should* work and go a few powders each way. Might be a bit more of a shotgun approach but might bear results?

Another thing looking at that. I need to figure out a % available case volume. the ~275 gr bullets take up a LOT of the internal case volume. Also a target fps of 1050 please

Just sent you a PM, I figured 1100 as the velocity would give you a maximum to work down from. But I can do it again with 1050FPS (that's my normal target for subs).

Here's the powder burn rate chart I'm working off of and most of the powders recommended for subsonics in .300 BLK and .458 SOCOM that I'm familiar with are from 62-76 on that chart.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Wa11y posted:

Just sent you a PM, I figured 1100 as the velocity would give you a maximum to work down from. But I can do it again with 1050FPS (that's my normal target for subs).

Here's the powder burn rate chart I'm working off of and most of the powders recommended for subsonics in .300 BLK and .458 SOCOM that I'm familiar with are from 62-76 on that chart.

Here's an odd question. Is there a way to sort /filter the giant list out to remove loads that are say under 20ksi? Also if you dont' mind post one of the full lists so people can get an idea of what we're fully doing. There's some people that want the full going down the rabbit hole experience.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

shalafi4 posted:

Here's an odd question. Is there a way to sort /filter the giant list out to remove loads that are say under 20ksi? Also if you dont' mind post one of the full lists so people can get an idea of what we're fully doing. There's some people that want the full going down the rabbit hole experience.

If there is an option for that, it's not immediately obvious. Like I showed in the previous settings screenshot:

You can choose EITHER pressure OR velocity. It would be nice if it were check boxes instead of radio boxes so you could check multiple parameters to narrow it down.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Wa11y posted:

If there is an option for that, it's not immediately obvious. Like I showed in the previous settings screenshot:

You can choose EITHER pressure OR velocity. It would be nice if it were check boxes instead of radio boxes so you could check multiple parameters to narrow it down.

That's... annoying.. Honestly long term sorting by pressure might be better. Eventually I have to get an AK to cycle. If I wind up with a load that's super happy in a bolty and is only around 15ksi it probably won't even move the bolt on the AK.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

shalafi4 posted:

Also if you dont' mind post one of the full lists so people can get an idea of what we're fully doing. There's some people that want the full going down the rabbit hole experience.

So, that screen shot above, with the white box on the bottom? Yeah, that's just a plain text, tab separated wall o' text. You can't even hit Ctrl+A to copy it, you have to manually highlight it all, then right-click and copy, you can't hit ctrl-c.

Also, what I sent you in PM WASN'T the full list! I manually culled any that said they were dangerous. Fortunately, the forums [ code ] tags retain the tabbing, so it's still readable.
Edit:

shalafi4 posted:

That's... annoying.. Honestly long term sorting by pressure might be better. Eventually I have to get an AK to cycle. If I wind up with a load that's super happy in a bolty and is only around 15ksi it probably won't even move the bolt on the AK.
I suppose it's possible to paste it into notepad, remove the header information, and save it as a...tabbed separated values file and open it in a spreadsheet file to sort (and cull) by pressure? I know comma separated values is a file type, and I'm pretty sure spreadsheets can use tabbed separated fields? Just not sure how to go from one to the other.
Edit 2: Son of Edit: Those aren't tabs, they're just spaces. So it's not even tabbed separated values really. Or at least Notepad doesn't interpret them as tabs if QL thinks they are. I'm manually changing it to a CSV. It's going to take a while.

So, based on the settings in the screen shot above (velocity 1050FPS, 50% minimum load ratio, min and max Ba values) here's what it spits out:

code:
Cartridge          : 9 x 39 Russ. Subsonic
Bullet             : .366, 286, Hornady SP RP Interlock 3560
Useable Case Capaci: 20.463 grain H2O = 1.329 cm³
Cartridge O.A.L. L6: 2.205 inch = 56.01 mm
Barrel Length      : 18.0 inch = 457.2 mm

Predicted Data for Indicated Charges of the Following Powders.
Matching Muzzle Velocity: 1050 fps or 320 m/s
These calculations refer to your specified settings in QuickLOAD 'Cartridge Dimensions' window.
C A U T I O N : any load listed can result in a powder charge that falls below minimum suggested
loads or exceeds maximum suggested loads as presented in current handloading manuals. Understand
that all of the listed powders can be unsuitable for the given combination of cartridge, bullet
and gun. Actual load order can vary, depending upon lot-to-lot powder and component variations.
USE ONLY FOR COMPARISON !

35 loads produced a Loading Ratio below user-defined minimum of 50%. These powders have been skipped.
Powder type          Filling/Loading Ratio  Charge    Charge   Vel. Prop.Burnt P max  P muzz  B_Time
                                      %     Grains    Gramm   fps     %       psi     psi    ms
---------------------------------  -----------------------------------------------------------------
ADI AR 2207                         71.9     12.7     0.82    1050    81.5    14902    1886   2.112
Rottweil R901                       87.3     15.6     1.01    1050    67.9    15316    1972   2.101
Somchem S321                        84.2     17.1     1.11    1050    62.3    16028    1909   2.057
IMR 3031                            90.6     16.0     1.04    1050    65.2    15611    1924   2.067
Alliant Reloder-12                  82.3     15.8     1.03    1050    68.6    16237    1846   2.057
Lovex S035                          62.4      7.3     0.47    1050   100.0    29772    1039   1.843
Fiocchi F-Rex yellow                53.7      7.0     0.46    1050   100.0    32083    1019   1.824
Lovex S020                          53.7      7.0     0.46    1050   100.0    32083    1019   1.824
Accurate No.11 FS                   60.0     11.7     0.76    1050    85.5    16766    1730   2.044
Vihtavuori N530 *C                  84.2     16.0     1.03    1050    63.0    16418    1859   2.048
Hodgdon VARGET *T                   92.9     17.0     1.10    1050    59.4    17284    1787   2.024
ADI AR 2208                         92.6     17.0     1.10    1050    59.4    17284    1787   2.024
IMR 4350                           104.5     19.6     1.27    1050    51.4    18724    1706   1.988
Ramshot Enforcer                    50.7      9.8     0.63    1050    96.1    17118    1646   2.064
Lovex S040                          56.0      9.4     0.61    1050    95.7    18087    1586   2.033
PB Clermont PCL 512                 54.3      9.8     0.63    1050    96.0    17199    1645   2.063
Lovex D073.4                        83.6     16.9     1.10    1050    64.3    15950    1901   2.059
Shooters World AR Plus              83.6     16.9     1.10    1050    64.3    15950    1901   2.059
IMR 4064                            94.8     16.9     1.09    1050    59.9    17211    1801   2.025
Alliant Reloder-26 *C              122.4     24.8     1.61    1050    40.6    22652    1728   1.938
Accurate 8700                      153.9     30.3     1.96    1050    31.0    61148    1258   1.689  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Lovex S060                          86.9     16.0     1.03    1050    63.5    17621    1774   2.030
Vihtavuori N135 *C                  98.3     16.8     1.09    1050    67.6    15770    1929   2.064
Hodgdon H335                        78.4     16.1     1.05    1050    65.6    16006    1879   2.060
Accurate MAGPRO                    124.8     25.0     1.62    1050    37.9    23571    1643   1.921
Nitrochemie A/S 0300                73.3     14.2     0.92    1050    72.1    15159    1908   2.088
IMR 8208 XBR                        85.4     16.1     1.04    1050    63.2    16620    1827   2.044
ADI AR 2206                         85.9     16.0     1.04    1050    64.3    17686    1765   2.029
Ramshot X-Terminator *C             83.7     16.9     1.09    1050    61.8    17057    1815   2.037
Vihtavuori N110 *C                  62.3     10.0     0.65    1050    95.4    16357    1681   2.068
Rottweil R902                       92.5     16.8     1.09    1050    63.3    15810    1914   2.066
IMR 4198                            74.9     12.7     0.82    1050    77.5    16331    1747   2.069
Rottweil R910                       56.0      9.8     0.63    1050    96.6    15243    1688   2.069
Accurate No.2                       54.2      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    29594    1056   1.855
Vihtavuori N125 *C                  69.0     12.1     0.78    1050    85.0    15471    1803   2.107
IMR 4227                            67.0     11.6     0.75    1050    82.9    16989    1713   2.029
Alliant Reloder-10x *C              78.8     14.0     0.91    1050    74.3    14924    1927   2.100
Somchem S335                        87.6     16.2     1.05    1050    69.9    15891    1881   2.071
ADI AR 2219                         77.0     15.0     0.97    1050    67.7    16034    1850   2.060
Hodgdon H322                        81.9     15.0     0.97    1050    67.7    16034    1850   2.060
IMR TrailBoss                      141.4      9.0     0.58    1050   100.0    44076     934   1.741  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
ADI AS 25 BP                       141.4      9.0     0.58    1050   100.0    44076     934   1.741  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Vihtavuori N32C Tin Star            95.5      9.0     0.58    1050   100.0    46775     919   1.730  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
SNPE Vectan BA6½                    69.3     10.7     0.70    1050    97.8    16954    1572   2.042
Bofors RP1 NT *C ~approximation     74.1     13.6     0.88    1050    71.8    17562    1715   2.039
SF033 fl, russ. 5,45x39             77.5     14.9     0.97    1050    75.6    14353    2006   2.111
Accurate 4100                       53.8     10.5     0.68    1050    92.8    17424    1662   2.052
Vihtavuori 20N29 *C                155.1     31.5     2.04    1050    29.2    76748    1250   1.658  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Alliant AR-Comp *C *T               85.4     15.6     1.01    1050    70.3    15342    1938   2.080
PB Clermont PCL 507 *C              84.7     16.7     1.08    1050    62.0    16402    1854   2.047
Vihtavuori N130 *C                  81.4     14.3     0.93    1050    75.5    15881    1842   2.078
Bofors RP11 TZ *C *T approximation  85.0     15.6     1.01    1050    70.3    15372    1941   2.079
Accurate 1680                       67.4     13.3     0.86    1050    74.1    16849    1781   2.064
Hodgdon H4227                       67.4     11.6     0.75    1050    83.4    16357    1744   2.039
Hodgdon H4198                       74.7     13.2     0.86    1050    72.8    17780    1708   2.040
Norma 200 *C                        76.6     14.1     0.92    1050    76.2    14389    1978   2.123
Vihtavuori N133 *C                  87.5     15.1     0.98    1050    72.5    16398    1808   2.056
Accurate 2015                       83.6     15.1     0.98    1050    72.6    14985    1936   2.093
Hodgdon Lil'Gun                     54.1     10.6     0.69    1050    94.3    14453    1817   2.104
Norma 201 *C                        90.4     16.7     1.08    1050    63.3    15680    1928   2.071
Alliant Reloder-25 *C              128.8     24.2     1.57    1050    41.8    22238    1656   1.945
Kazan Sunar 308W                    77.6     14.3     0.93    1050    75.5    16077    1831   2.077
Bofors RP2 NT *C ~approximation     87.2     16.3     1.06    1050    62.8    17316    1785   2.028
Lovex D063                          59.6     11.7     0.76    1050    80.4    17247    1713   2.024
Shooters World Blackout             59.6     11.7     0.76    1050    80.4    17247    1713   2.024
Norma MRP *C                       119.6     23.6     1.53    1050    41.5    21140    1716   1.963
Winchester Supreme 780             115.4     22.9     1.49    1050    45.2    22352    1650   1.946
ReloadSwiss RS 40                   81.0     15.6     1.01    1050    65.6    16238    1846   2.055
Somchem S265                        66.2     11.5     0.74    1050    89.1    17480    1717   2.091
Accurate 2200                       86.7     16.6     1.08    1050    59.5    17572    1784   2.021
Norma 202 *C                        88.1     16.3     1.06    1050    65.7    15729    1915   2.067
Bofors RP5/NP ~approximation       120.5     23.0     1.49    1050    42.4    20725    1704   1.972
Alliant Reloder-22 *C              120.5     23.0     1.49    1050    42.4    20725    1704   1.972
Raufoss RA15 *C                    120.5     23.0     1.49    1050    42.4    20725    1704   1.972
PB Clermont PCL 508 *C (PCL223)     77.4     15.6     1.01    1050    66.5    15866    1878   2.066
Winchester WXR                     123.6     23.1     1.49    1050    42.4    20685    1704   1.972
Bofors RP15                        123.6     23.1     1.49    1050    42.4    20685    1704   1.972
SNPE Vectan SP 10                   77.4     15.6     1.01    1050    66.5    15852    1879   2.066
ADI AR 2210                         78.7     15.3     0.99    1050    66.3    16735    1821   2.050
Shooters World Tactical Rifle       81.4     16.4     1.06    1050    63.7    17172    1798   2.032
Shooters World Tactical Rifle       81.4     16.4     1.06    1050    63.7    17172    1798   2.032
Alliant Reloder-7                   72.9     13.3     0.86    1050    77.8    15789    1851   2.096
ADI AR 2206H                        88.0     16.6     1.08    1050    60.3    16285    1874   2.050
Rottweil R905                      123.0     23.0     1.49    1050    42.0    21929    1649   1.949
ADI BM2                             76.5     15.4     1.00    1050    66.7    16982    1803   2.048
IMR 7977 Enduron *C*T              124.2     23.2     1.50    1050    41.5    24897    1503   1.899
Bofors RP5 NT *C ~approximation    121.7     23.4     1.52    1050    40.6    22500    1564   1.941
Vihtavuori N555 *C*T               122.0     22.6     1.46    1050    47.9    18868    1878   2.010
Hodgdon CFE BLK *C                  76.7     15.4     0.99    1050    67.0    18242    1779   2.043
ADI AR 2205                         63.2     11.3     0.73    1050    90.4    17994    1675   2.037
Winchester 296                      54.7     11.1     0.72    1050    84.7    15757    1872   2.136
Vihtavuori N165 *C                 123.7     23.1     1.50    1050    46.1    21764    1655   1.955
Hodgdon Benchmark                   83.3     15.5     1.00    1050    66.4    17013    1802   2.047
ReloadSwiss RS 36                   67.4     12.4     0.80    1050    81.0    16007    1791   2.091
Hodgdon H110                        55.9     11.3     0.73    1050    88.9    16168    1820   2.136
Vihtavuori N560 *C                 120.4     23.2     1.50    1050    40.0    21275    1660   1.959
Lovex S053                          67.2     11.4     0.74    1050    88.0    16237    1748   2.059
IMR 7828                           126.0     23.1     1.50    1050    40.1    22906    1580   1.932
IMR 7828 SSC                       119.2     23.1     1.50    1050    40.1    22906    1580   1.932
ReloadSwiss RS 30                   64.7     10.7     0.70    1050    91.0    15160    1771   2.070
Shooters World Buffalo Rifle        62.2     11.0     0.71    1050    80.8    17126    1773   2.064
Accurate 5744                       60.8     11.0     0.71    1050    80.8    17126    1773   2.064
Lovex D060                          62.2     11.0     0.71    1050    80.8    17126    1773   2.064
Nitrochemie A/S 0200                60.6     11.4     0.74    1050    85.3    16765    1767   2.064
Norma MRP 2 *C                     136.9     25.8     1.67    1050    37.9    24835    1648   1.905
Bofors RP30                        136.9     25.8     1.67    1050    37.9    24835    1648   1.905
Hodgdon H4895                       87.6     16.5     1.07    1050    60.9    16114    1886   2.054
Accurate 2700                      100.0     19.7     1.28    1050    54.2    19099    1730   1.985
Vihtavuori N550 *C                 102.3     19.7     1.28    1050    52.8    17139    1878   2.060
Vihtavuori N350                     54.2      7.4     0.48    1050   100.0    25698    1105   1.879
Lovex S030                          53.8      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    31428    1026   1.829
SNPE Vectan BA 9                    58.7      7.7     0.50    1050   100.0    33403    1011   1.816
ADI AP 2214                        128.2     25.1     1.63    1050    38.3    27896    1489   1.867
Vihtavuori N330                     56.9      7.0     0.45    1050   100.0    34431    1003   1.805
Accurate Solo 1250                  62.7      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    34806     995   1.792
Accurate 3100                      127.5     24.1     1.56    1050    47.5    21529    1856   1.960
Lovex S071                         134.8     24.1     1.56    1050    47.5    21529    1856   1.960
Alliant 2400                        50.9      9.1     0.59    1050    95.4    17490    1626   2.059
SNPE Vectan BA7½                    58.1      8.0     0.52    1050   100.0    25333    1116   1.905
Vihtavuori N340                     56.8      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    30540    1035   1.835
NitroKemia REX 3/Green/36           71.8      7.4     0.48    1050   100.0    32996     991   1.813
NitroKemia REX 1/Red/28             72.5      7.3     0.47    1050   100.0    34332    1005   1.789
Bofors RP3                          98.7     18.8     1.22    1050    58.3    16058    1979   2.090
Norma 203 old                       98.7     18.8     1.22    1050    58.3    16058    1979   2.090
Vihtavuori N320                     61.7      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    39227     971   1.770  ! Near Maximum !
Vihtavuori N105 *C                  54.3      8.0     0.52    1050   100.0    19274    1279   2.007
Maxam CSB 1                         66.5      7.4     0.48    1050   100.0    35338     974   1.790  ! Near Maximum !
Lovex S011                          54.1      6.9     0.45    1050   100.0    36436     990   1.785  ! Near Maximum !
Fiocchi F-Rex red                   54.1      6.9     0.45    1050   100.0    36436     990   1.785  ! Near Maximum !
Bofors RL16 TZ *C *T               104.4     19.2     1.24    1050    49.9    18182    1692   2.039
Alliant Reloder-16 *C *T           104.4     19.2     1.24    1050    49.9    18182    1692   2.039
Rottweil R903                      101.4     18.9     1.23    1050    58.0    16299    1955   2.083
Vihtavuori 3N37                     51.5      7.5     0.49    1050   100.0    25134    1122   1.891
PB Clermont PCL 515                 58.9      7.2     0.47    1050   100.0    33322    1007   1.807
Rottweil P801                       54.9      7.3     0.47    1050   100.0    39382     994   1.782  ! Near Maximum !
PB Clermont PCL 509                 58.7      7.2     0.47    1050   100.0    35062    1008   1.796
Winchester 231                      50.6      7.2     0.47    1050   100.0    35044    1007   1.797
ReloadSwiss RS 20                   56.3      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    30146    1034   1.837
Nitrochemie P2636 Ws                56.1      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    30991    1027   1.830
Rottweil P805                       76.7      7.2     0.46    1050   100.0    43369     975   1.752  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Norma R1                            75.1      7.2     0.46    1050   100.0    43379     975   1.752  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Maxam CSB 2                         62.1      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    36331     985   1.802  ! Near Maximum !
ADI AP 90                           56.4      7.3     0.48    1050   100.0    24957    1110   1.886
PB Clermont PCL 517                130.3     26.2     1.70    1050    36.7    30049    1531   1.847
Rottweil P803                       52.8      7.3     0.47    1050   100.0    32832    1022   1.832
NitroKemia REX 2/Yellow/32          72.1      7.2     0.46    1050   100.0    34009     985   1.802
Vihtavuori N310                     60.5      6.6     0.43    1050   100.0    46253     942   1.728  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Hodgdon H1000 *T                   135.0     25.2     1.63    1050    38.3    28114    1484   1.864
ADI AR 2217                        135.0     25.2     1.63    1050    38.3    28114    1484   1.864
Vihtavuori N120 *C                  73.9     12.7     0.83    1050    84.2    15304    1823   2.104
SNPE Vectan A0                      61.8      7.5     0.48    1050   100.0    31483     990   1.829
SNPE Vectan BA9½                    58.8      7.2     0.46    1050   100.0    33605    1016   1.811
IMR 4166 Enduron *C*T               96.0     17.3     1.12    1050    56.6    18628    1740   2.003
Lovex D073.5                        85.5     17.3     1.12    1050    63.8    15514    1941   2.070
Accurate 2460                       85.3     17.3     1.12    1050    63.8    15514    1941   2.070
Shooters World Precision            93.7     17.2     1.11    1050    62.1    15955    1911   2.058
Lovex S062                          93.7     17.2     1.11    1050    62.1    15955    1911   2.058
Bofors RP19 ~approximation         106.0     19.8     1.28    1050    52.0    17713    1819   2.046
Norma URP *C                       106.0     19.8     1.28    1050    52.0    17707    1819   2.046
IMR 4955 Enduron *C*T              112.6     20.7     1.34    1050    47.7    19720    1660   1.997
Maxam CSB 3                         64.4      7.0     0.45    1050   100.0    37062     985   1.780  ! Near Maximum !
Vihtavuori N565 *C                 133.0     25.8     1.67    1050    39.0    23802    1711   1.920
Winchester 760                     100.8     20.1     1.30    1050    48.9    18267    1759   2.028
Hodgdon H414                       100.8     20.1     1.30    1050    48.9    18267    1759   2.028
ReloadSwiss RS 12                   55.3      7.0     0.45    1050   100.0    37626     983   1.796  ! Near Maximum !
SNPE Vectan A1                      54.3      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    34711     992   1.798
Rottweil J706                       63.5      7.2     0.46    1050   100.0    30031    1076   1.872
ReloadSwiss RS 60 *T               102.1     20.2     1.31    1050    49.0    18354    1740   2.032
SNPE Vectan AS                      57.7      7.0     0.45    1050   100.0    36556     997   1.785  ! Near Maximum !
Maxam CSB 5                         66.5      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    42863     967   1.744  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Maxam CSB 4                         64.4      6.9     0.45    1050   100.0    38686     983   1.769  ! Near Maximum !
Rottweil R904                      110.2     20.5     1.33    1050    47.7    19855    1661   1.992
Hodgdon Clays                       74.8      6.7     0.44    1050   100.0    46038     964   1.727  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
ADI AP 100                          58.4      7.6     0.49    1050   100.0    22496    1191   1.924
ADI AS 30                           70.0      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    41280     984   1.766  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Vihtavuori N540 *C                  90.3     17.2     1.12    1050    64.8    15886    1925   2.064
Winchester 748                      84.3     17.1     1.11    1050    60.5    16415    1852   2.045
Lovex S015                          65.6      6.9     0.44    1050   100.0    38526     995   1.792  ! Near Maximum !
Accurate Solo 1000                  65.6      6.9     0.44    1050   100.0    38526     995   1.792  ! Near Maximum !
Alliant Reloder-17 *T              101.0     20.0     1.29    1050    50.0    18041    1764   2.040
Elcho 17                           101.0     20.0     1.29    1050    50.0    18041    1764   2.040
Vihtavuori 3N38                     53.0      8.2     0.53    1050   100.0    20181    1304   2.000
SNPE Vectan SP 9                    88.9     17.3     1.12    1050    59.5    16780    1833   2.035
Lovex S070                         106.0     19.8     1.28    1050    52.9    17527    1851   2.047
Shooters World SW4350              106.0     19.8     1.28    1050    52.9    17527    1851   2.047
Somchem MP200                       51.4      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    28284    1074   1.882
Accurate 2495                       92.9     17.1     1.11    1050    67.4    13641    2168   2.168
Hodgdon Hybrid 100V                110.2     20.1     1.30    1050    53.4    18615    1746   2.028
Somchem MS200                       57.1      7.0     0.46    1050   100.0    30075    1052   1.878
PB Clermont PCL 514                 64.2      6.7     0.43    1050   100.0    41727     963   1.760  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
IMR 4895                            91.5     17.3     1.12    1050    58.4    16130    1904   2.051
ADI AS 50N                          61.5      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    37527     996   1.806  ! Near Maximum !
Hodgdon Universal                   56.3      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    33142    1033   1.836
ADI AP 70N                          50.8      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    33142    1033   1.836
Raufoss RA4                        109.4     20.6     1.34    1050    47.0    19512    1675   2.002
Bofors RP4 ~approximation          109.4     20.6     1.34    1050    47.0    19512    1675   2.002
Norma 204 *C                       106.0     20.6     1.34    1050    47.0    19512    1675   2.002
Accurate 2230                       85.1     17.4     1.13    1050    61.8    16509    1869   2.043
Alliant GREEN DOT                   64.3      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    37061    1008   1.811  ! Near Maximum !
ReloadSwiss RS 76 *C               134.3     27.3     1.77    1050    35.2    29379    1548   1.854
Vihtavuori N140 *C                  95.9     17.4     1.13    1050    62.9    16986    1820   2.033
Alliant BLUE DOT                    54.1      8.3     0.54    1050    99.7    18532    1476   2.049
Alliant HERCO                       59.3      7.0     0.45    1050   100.0    26116    1120   1.914
TLP A 502(RH) ,test only           164.6     30.4     1.97    1050    26.6    57382    1135   1.691  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Alliant RED DOT                     69.0      6.5     0.42    1050   100.0    39598    1001   1.776  ! Near Maximum !
IMR 4320                            92.9     17.2     1.12    1050    57.7    17355    1735   2.022
NC A3502 ,test only                162.1     29.9     1.94    1050    25.4    56332    1061   1.689  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Shooters World Sparta 100           63.5      6.2     0.40    1050   100.0    36517    1028   1.815  ! Near Maximum !
Accurate Nitro 100                  63.5      6.2     0.40    1050   100.0    36517    1028   1.815  ! Near Maximum !
Lovex D013                          63.5      6.2     0.40    1050   100.0    36517    1028   1.815  ! Near Maximum !
Bofors RP11 ~approximation          92.7     17.5     1.13    1050    57.9    16419    1881   2.043
Raufoss RA11                        92.7     17.5     1.13    1050    57.9    16419    1881   2.043
Alliant Reloder-15 *C               92.7     17.5     1.13    1050    57.9    16419    1881   2.043
Ramshot Wild Boar                   86.9     17.5     1.13    1050    58.8    16748    1839   2.036
Ramshot TAC *C                      87.1     17.7     1.15    1050    57.4    17474    1800   2.022
Winchester 6,5 StaBall *T*C        103.3     21.0     1.36    1050    54.2    19008    1703   1.992
Alliant UNIQUE                      54.9      6.7     0.43    1050   100.0    28231    1082   1.880
SNPE Vectan SP 11                   95.9     18.7     1.21    1050    55.2    17045    1814   2.030
PB Clermont PCL 511                103.1     20.7     1.34    1050    48.6    18395    1748   2.029
Ramshot Hunter                     106.6     20.8     1.35    1050    48.6    18432    1747   2.028
Bofors RP4 NT *C ~approximation    108.5     20.8     1.35    1050    49.9    18991    1778   2.010
IMR 4831                           114.0     20.6     1.33    1050    52.3    17936    1857   2.036
PB Clermont PCL 518                107.8     21.0     1.36    1050    47.9    18646    1738   2.022
ADI AR 2209                        111.3     20.9     1.35    1050    45.4    20111    1637   1.988
Norma 203B *C                       93.2     17.6     1.14    1050    58.4    16309    1894   2.046
Alliant Reloder-19 *C              111.6     21.1     1.36    1050    46.0    19264    1686   2.007
Ramshot Big Game                    93.1     18.7     1.21    1050    55.2    17202    1798   2.025
PB Clermont PCL 513/520/9520       156.8     30.2     1.96    1050    31.7    48159    1370   1.736  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
ADI AR 2225                        141.3     26.8     1.74    1050    37.1    27434    1552   1.874
Hodgdon Retumbo                    141.3     26.8     1.74    1050    37.1    27434    1552   1.874
Bofors RP14 ~approximation         112.8     21.3     1.38    1050    46.0    19472    1679   2.002
ReloadSwiss RS 52                   94.5     18.4     1.19    1050    57.2    16580    1889   2.042
Vihtavuori N160 *C                 119.3     21.6     1.40    1050    47.1    20650    1629   1.976
Bofors RP7 NT *C ~approximation     94.5     18.0     1.17    1050    53.1    18354    1619   2.003
Somchem S365                       112.3     21.1     1.37    1050    50.7    18521    1806   2.024
Hodgdon H4350 *T                   106.5     19.7     1.27    1050    51.2    18748    1703   1.987
IMR 4451 Enduron *C*T               96.9     18.1     1.17    1050    54.6    18268    1736   1.999
Hodgdon CFE223 *C                   93.7     19.3     1.25    1050    52.9    17354    1786   2.025
ReloadSwiss RS 70 *C               107.3     21.6     1.40    1050    45.5    19782    1689   1.994
Hodgdon US 869                     149.9     30.1     1.95    1050    30.6    44307    1356   1.752  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
SNPE Vectan SP 13                  154.6     29.8     1.93    1050    32.8    43027    1416   1.761  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
ADI AR 2218                        143.7     28.9     1.87    1050    29.4    42508    1337   1.759  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
ReloadSwiss RS 62                  109.5     21.7     1.40    1050    48.6    18671    1818   2.018
Lovex D073.6                        92.2     17.9     1.16    1050    62.1    15669    1973   2.064
Accurate 2520                       90.1     17.9     1.16    1050    62.1    15669    1973   2.064
Shooters World Match Rifle          92.2     17.9     1.16    1050    62.1    15669    1973   2.064
Somchem 12.7-0                     147.9     28.8     1.87    1050    31.1    40145    1302   1.770  ! Near Maximum !
Vihtavuori N170 *C                 141.2     26.3     1.71    1050    38.3    26593    1622   1.885
Somchem S355                        98.2     18.1     1.17    1050    59.2    16199    1921   2.050
Hodgdon 50BMG                      149.3     28.6     1.85    1050    29.7    39682    1380   1.776  ! Near Maximum !
Somchem S341                        89.3     18.1     1.17    1050    58.7    17337    1800   2.021
Vihtavuori 24N41 *C                140.4     28.2     1.83    1050    31.6    36995    1371   1.791  ! Near Maximum !
Alliant Reloder-50 *C              154.3     31.5     2.04    1050    28.9    59831    1408   1.700  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Accurate LRT                       142.9     28.6     1.86    1050    30.2    35711    1381   1.800  ! Near Maximum !
Somchem S361                       112.2     22.5     1.46    1050    46.9    20895    1677   1.968
PB Clermont PCL 516                 90.9     18.3     1.18    1050    56.2    17381    1808   2.019
Lovex D100                         138.1     28.0     1.82    1050    34.5    36203    1411   1.797  ! Near Maximum !
Shooters World BMG                 138.1     28.0     1.82    1050    34.5    36203    1411   1.797  ! Near Maximum !
Hodgdon BL-C2                       88.3     18.2     1.18    1050    59.1    16207    1923   2.050
Alliant Reloder-33 *C              143.2     29.3     1.90    1050    31.2    36706    1471   1.798  ! Near Maximum !
SNPE Vectan SP 7                    91.4     18.5     1.20    1050    56.8    17110    1847   2.066
Hodgdon H4831 SC *T                115.9     22.1     1.43    1050    43.7    21563    1609   1.959
Hodgdon H4831 *T                   120.6     22.1     1.43    1050    43.7    21563    1609   1.959
Hodgdon H870                       149.6     29.1     1.89    1050    32.3    35588    1487   1.805  ! Near Maximum !
Accurate 4064                       99.0     18.3     1.18    1050    63.7    14286    2110   2.144
Hodgdon LVR                        101.9     19.2     1.25    1050    52.0    17769    1775   2.047
ReloadSwiss RS 80 *C               140.7     28.8     1.87    1050    33.0    35017    1520   1.810
Accurate 4350                      112.0     21.1     1.37    1050    51.0    18198    1932   2.025
Norma 217 *C                       151.3     28.1     1.82    1050    35.2    31105    1571   1.839
Elcho TR140 - preliminary data      95.2     18.5     1.20    1050    56.4    17361    1821   2.020
Ramshot Magnum                     127.0     26.1     1.69    1050    39.3    29362    1547   1.855
Bofors 12,7mmRA NC1214 Lot20115087 154.8     30.9     2.00    1050    29.9    46109    1559   1.754  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Rottweil R907                      101.7     18.8     1.22    1050    53.7    17968    1798   2.044
Bofors RP7                         101.7     18.8     1.22    1050    53.7    17968    1798   2.044
IMR 4007 SSC                        98.5     18.8     1.22    1050    53.7    17991    1798   2.044
Bofors RP36 ZT *C *T               122.0     22.5     1.46    1050    47.4    19704    1754   1.997
Alliant Reloder-23 *C *T           122.0     22.5     1.46    1050    47.4    19704    1754   1.997
ReloadSwiss RS 50                   95.8     18.8     1.22    1050    54.7    17765    1797   2.011
Bofors RP3 NT *C ~approximation     98.3     18.4     1.19    1050    55.2    18385    1723   1.997
ADI AR 2213                        118.2     22.5     1.46    1050    41.1    22195    1590   1.946
Vihtavuori N150 *C                 103.8     18.5     1.20    1050    61.1    16917    1875   2.034
Somchem S385                       117.1     22.3     1.45    1050    47.8    19614    1793   1.994
Hodgdon H380                        96.7     18.6     1.21    1050    55.7    16884    1882   2.070
SNPE Vectan SP 12                  130.1     26.2     1.70    1050    36.9    29816    1533   1.850
Lovex S065                         102.9     19.0     1.23    1050    55.6    17200    1849   2.064
Shooters World Long Rifle          102.9     19.0     1.23    1050    55.6    17200    1849   2.064
IMR 8133 Enduron *C*T                ???    cannot find match, try to lower shot start pressure  
Vihtavuori N570 *C                   ???    cannot find match, try to lower shot start pressure  
V1734 7-multiperf ,test only         ???    cannot find match, try to lower shot start pressure  
And THAT is the full, unedited list of powders it recommends, whether they're safe or not!

Wa11y fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 29, 2021

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Wa11y posted:

So, that screen shot above, with the white box on the bottom? Yeah, that's just a plain text, tab separated wall o' text. You can't even hit Ctrl+A to copy it, you have to manually highlight it all, then right-click and copy, you can't hit ctrl-c.

Also, what I sent you in PM WASN'T the full list! I manually culled any that said they were dangerous. Fortunately, the forums [ code ] tags retain the tabbing, so it's still readable.
Edit:

I suppose it's possible to paste it into notepad, remove the header information, and save it as a...tabbed separated values file and open it in a spreadsheet file to sort (and cull) by pressure? I know comma separated values is a file type, and I'm pretty sure spreadsheets can use tabbed separated fields? Just not sure how to go from one to the other.
Edit 2: Son of Edit: Those aren't tabs, they're just spaces. So it's not even tabbed separated values really. Or at least Notepad doesn't interpret them as tabs if QL thinks they are. I'm manually changing it to a CSV. It's going to take a while.

So, based on the settings in the screen shot above (velocity 1050FPS, 50% minimum load ratio, min and max Ba values) here's what it spits out:

code:
Cartridge          : 9 x 39 Russ. Subsonic
Bullet             : .366, 286, Hornady SP RP Interlock 3560
Useable Case Capaci: 20.463 grain H2O = 1.329 cm³
Cartridge O.A.L. L6: 2.205 inch = 56.01 mm
Barrel Length      : 18.0 inch = 457.2 mm

Predicted Data for Indicated Charges of the Following Powders.
Matching Muzzle Velocity: 1050 fps or 320 m/s
These calculations refer to your specified settings in QuickLOAD 'Cartridge Dimensions' window.
C A U T I O N : any load listed can result in a powder charge that falls below minimum suggested
loads or exceeds maximum suggested loads as presented in current handloading manuals. Understand
that all of the listed powders can be unsuitable for the given combination of cartridge, bullet
and gun. Actual load order can vary, depending upon lot-to-lot powder and component variations.
USE ONLY FOR COMPARISON !

35 loads produced a Loading Ratio below user-defined minimum of 50%. These powders have been skipped.
Powder type          Filling/Loading Ratio  Charge    Charge   Vel. Prop.Burnt P max  P muzz  B_Time
                                      %     Grains    Gramm   fps     %       psi     psi    ms
---------------------------------  -----------------------------------------------------------------
ADI AR 2207                         71.9     12.7     0.82    1050    81.5    14902    1886   2.112
Rottweil R901                       87.3     15.6     1.01    1050    67.9    15316    1972   2.101
Somchem S321                        84.2     17.1     1.11    1050    62.3    16028    1909   2.057
IMR 3031                            90.6     16.0     1.04    1050    65.2    15611    1924   2.067
Alliant Reloder-12                  82.3     15.8     1.03    1050    68.6    16237    1846   2.057
Lovex S035                          62.4      7.3     0.47    1050   100.0    29772    1039   1.843
Fiocchi F-Rex yellow                53.7      7.0     0.46    1050   100.0    32083    1019   1.824
Lovex S020                          53.7      7.0     0.46    1050   100.0    32083    1019   1.824
Accurate No.11 FS                   60.0     11.7     0.76    1050    85.5    16766    1730   2.044
Vihtavuori N530 *C                  84.2     16.0     1.03    1050    63.0    16418    1859   2.048
Hodgdon VARGET *T                   92.9     17.0     1.10    1050    59.4    17284    1787   2.024
ADI AR 2208                         92.6     17.0     1.10    1050    59.4    17284    1787   2.024
IMR 4350                           104.5     19.6     1.27    1050    51.4    18724    1706   1.988
Ramshot Enforcer                    50.7      9.8     0.63    1050    96.1    17118    1646   2.064
Lovex S040                          56.0      9.4     0.61    1050    95.7    18087    1586   2.033
PB Clermont PCL 512                 54.3      9.8     0.63    1050    96.0    17199    1645   2.063
Lovex D073.4                        83.6     16.9     1.10    1050    64.3    15950    1901   2.059
Shooters World AR Plus              83.6     16.9     1.10    1050    64.3    15950    1901   2.059
IMR 4064                            94.8     16.9     1.09    1050    59.9    17211    1801   2.025
Alliant Reloder-26 *C              122.4     24.8     1.61    1050    40.6    22652    1728   1.938
Accurate 8700                      153.9     30.3     1.96    1050    31.0    61148    1258   1.689  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Lovex S060                          86.9     16.0     1.03    1050    63.5    17621    1774   2.030
Vihtavuori N135 *C                  98.3     16.8     1.09    1050    67.6    15770    1929   2.064
Hodgdon H335                        78.4     16.1     1.05    1050    65.6    16006    1879   2.060
Accurate MAGPRO                    124.8     25.0     1.62    1050    37.9    23571    1643   1.921
Nitrochemie A/S 0300                73.3     14.2     0.92    1050    72.1    15159    1908   2.088
IMR 8208 XBR                        85.4     16.1     1.04    1050    63.2    16620    1827   2.044
ADI AR 2206                         85.9     16.0     1.04    1050    64.3    17686    1765   2.029
Ramshot X-Terminator *C             83.7     16.9     1.09    1050    61.8    17057    1815   2.037
Vihtavuori N110 *C                  62.3     10.0     0.65    1050    95.4    16357    1681   2.068
Rottweil R902                       92.5     16.8     1.09    1050    63.3    15810    1914   2.066
IMR 4198                            74.9     12.7     0.82    1050    77.5    16331    1747   2.069
Rottweil R910                       56.0      9.8     0.63    1050    96.6    15243    1688   2.069
Accurate No.2                       54.2      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    29594    1056   1.855
Vihtavuori N125 *C                  69.0     12.1     0.78    1050    85.0    15471    1803   2.107
IMR 4227                            67.0     11.6     0.75    1050    82.9    16989    1713   2.029
Alliant Reloder-10x *C              78.8     14.0     0.91    1050    74.3    14924    1927   2.100
Somchem S335                        87.6     16.2     1.05    1050    69.9    15891    1881   2.071
ADI AR 2219                         77.0     15.0     0.97    1050    67.7    16034    1850   2.060
Hodgdon H322                        81.9     15.0     0.97    1050    67.7    16034    1850   2.060
IMR TrailBoss                      141.4      9.0     0.58    1050   100.0    44076     934   1.741  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
ADI AS 25 BP                       141.4      9.0     0.58    1050   100.0    44076     934   1.741  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Vihtavuori N32C Tin Star            95.5      9.0     0.58    1050   100.0    46775     919   1.730  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
SNPE Vectan BA6½                    69.3     10.7     0.70    1050    97.8    16954    1572   2.042
Bofors RP1 NT *C ~approximation     74.1     13.6     0.88    1050    71.8    17562    1715   2.039
SF033 fl, russ. 5,45x39             77.5     14.9     0.97    1050    75.6    14353    2006   2.111
Accurate 4100                       53.8     10.5     0.68    1050    92.8    17424    1662   2.052
Vihtavuori 20N29 *C                155.1     31.5     2.04    1050    29.2    76748    1250   1.658  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Alliant AR-Comp *C *T               85.4     15.6     1.01    1050    70.3    15342    1938   2.080
PB Clermont PCL 507 *C              84.7     16.7     1.08    1050    62.0    16402    1854   2.047
Vihtavuori N130 *C                  81.4     14.3     0.93    1050    75.5    15881    1842   2.078
Bofors RP11 TZ *C *T approximation  85.0     15.6     1.01    1050    70.3    15372    1941   2.079
Accurate 1680                       67.4     13.3     0.86    1050    74.1    16849    1781   2.064
Hodgdon H4227                       67.4     11.6     0.75    1050    83.4    16357    1744   2.039
Hodgdon H4198                       74.7     13.2     0.86    1050    72.8    17780    1708   2.040
Norma 200 *C                        76.6     14.1     0.92    1050    76.2    14389    1978   2.123
Vihtavuori N133 *C                  87.5     15.1     0.98    1050    72.5    16398    1808   2.056
Accurate 2015                       83.6     15.1     0.98    1050    72.6    14985    1936   2.093
Hodgdon Lil'Gun                     54.1     10.6     0.69    1050    94.3    14453    1817   2.104
Norma 201 *C                        90.4     16.7     1.08    1050    63.3    15680    1928   2.071
Alliant Reloder-25 *C              128.8     24.2     1.57    1050    41.8    22238    1656   1.945
Kazan Sunar 308W                    77.6     14.3     0.93    1050    75.5    16077    1831   2.077
Bofors RP2 NT *C ~approximation     87.2     16.3     1.06    1050    62.8    17316    1785   2.028
Lovex D063                          59.6     11.7     0.76    1050    80.4    17247    1713   2.024
Shooters World Blackout             59.6     11.7     0.76    1050    80.4    17247    1713   2.024
Norma MRP *C                       119.6     23.6     1.53    1050    41.5    21140    1716   1.963
Winchester Supreme 780             115.4     22.9     1.49    1050    45.2    22352    1650   1.946
ReloadSwiss RS 40                   81.0     15.6     1.01    1050    65.6    16238    1846   2.055
Somchem S265                        66.2     11.5     0.74    1050    89.1    17480    1717   2.091
Accurate 2200                       86.7     16.6     1.08    1050    59.5    17572    1784   2.021
Norma 202 *C                        88.1     16.3     1.06    1050    65.7    15729    1915   2.067
Bofors RP5/NP ~approximation       120.5     23.0     1.49    1050    42.4    20725    1704   1.972
Alliant Reloder-22 *C              120.5     23.0     1.49    1050    42.4    20725    1704   1.972
Raufoss RA15 *C                    120.5     23.0     1.49    1050    42.4    20725    1704   1.972
PB Clermont PCL 508 *C (PCL223)     77.4     15.6     1.01    1050    66.5    15866    1878   2.066
Winchester WXR                     123.6     23.1     1.49    1050    42.4    20685    1704   1.972
Bofors RP15                        123.6     23.1     1.49    1050    42.4    20685    1704   1.972
SNPE Vectan SP 10                   77.4     15.6     1.01    1050    66.5    15852    1879   2.066
ADI AR 2210                         78.7     15.3     0.99    1050    66.3    16735    1821   2.050
Alliant Reloder-7                   72.9     13.3     0.86    1050    77.8    15789    1851   2.096
ADI AR 2206H                        88.0     16.6     1.08    1050    60.3    16285    1874   2.050
Rottweil R905                      123.0     23.0     1.49    1050    42.0    21929    1649   1.949
ADI BM2                             76.5     15.4     1.00    1050    66.7    16982    1803   2.048
IMR 7977 Enduron *C*T              124.2     23.2     1.50    1050    41.5    24897    1503   1.899
Bofors RP5 NT *C ~approximation    121.7     23.4     1.52    1050    40.6    22500    1564   1.941
Vihtavuori N555 *C*T               122.0     22.6     1.46    1050    47.9    18868    1878   2.010
Hodgdon CFE BLK *C                  76.7     15.4     0.99    1050    67.0    18242    1779   2.043
ADI AR 2205                         63.2     11.3     0.73    1050    90.4    17994    1675   2.037
Winchester 296                      54.7     11.1     0.72    1050    84.7    15757    1872   2.136
Vihtavuori N165 *C                 123.7     23.1     1.50    1050    46.1    21764    1655   1.955
Hodgdon Benchmark                   83.3     15.5     1.00    1050    66.4    17013    1802   2.047
ReloadSwiss RS 36                   67.4     12.4     0.80    1050    81.0    16007    1791   2.091
Hodgdon H110                        55.9     11.3     0.73    1050    88.9    16168    1820   2.136
Vihtavuori N560 *C                 120.4     23.2     1.50    1050    40.0    21275    1660   1.959
Lovex S053                          67.2     11.4     0.74    1050    88.0    16237    1748   2.059
IMR 7828                           126.0     23.1     1.50    1050    40.1    22906    1580   1.932
IMR 7828 SSC                       119.2     23.1     1.50    1050    40.1    22906    1580   1.932
ReloadSwiss RS 30                   64.7     10.7     0.70    1050    91.0    15160    1771   2.070
Shooters World Buffalo Rifle        62.2     11.0     0.71    1050    80.8    17126    1773   2.064
Accurate 5744                       60.8     11.0     0.71    1050    80.8    17126    1773   2.064
Lovex D060                          62.2     11.0     0.71    1050    80.8    17126    1773   2.064
Nitrochemie A/S 0200                60.6     11.4     0.74    1050    85.3    16765    1767   2.064
Norma MRP 2 *C                     136.9     25.8     1.67    1050    37.9    24835    1648   1.905
Bofors RP30                        136.9     25.8     1.67    1050    37.9    24835    1648   1.905
Hodgdon H4895                       87.6     16.5     1.07    1050    60.9    16114    1886   2.054
Accurate 2700                      100.0     19.7     1.28    1050    54.2    19099    1730   1.985
Vihtavuori N550 *C                 102.3     19.7     1.28    1050    52.8    17139    1878   2.060
Vihtavuori N350                     54.2      7.4     0.48    1050   100.0    25698    1105   1.879
Lovex S030                          53.8      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    31428    1026   1.829
SNPE Vectan BA 9                    58.7      7.7     0.50    1050   100.0    33403    1011   1.816
ADI AP 2214                        128.2     25.1     1.63    1050    38.3    27896    1489   1.867
Vihtavuori N330                     56.9      7.0     0.45    1050   100.0    34431    1003   1.805
Accurate Solo 1250                  62.7      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    34806     995   1.792
Accurate 3100                      127.5     24.1     1.56    1050    47.5    21529    1856   1.960
Lovex S071                         134.8     24.1     1.56    1050    47.5    21529    1856   1.960
Alliant 2400                        50.9      9.1     0.59    1050    95.4    17490    1626   2.059
SNPE Vectan BA7½                    58.1      8.0     0.52    1050   100.0    25333    1116   1.905
Vihtavuori N340                     56.8      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    30540    1035   1.835
NitroKemia REX 3/Green/36           71.8      7.4     0.48    1050   100.0    32996     991   1.813
NitroKemia REX 1/Red/28             72.5      7.3     0.47    1050   100.0    34332    1005   1.789
Bofors RP3                          98.7     18.8     1.22    1050    58.3    16058    1979   2.090
Norma 203 old                       98.7     18.8     1.22    1050    58.3    16058    1979   2.090
Vihtavuori N320                     61.7      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    39227     971   1.770  ! Near Maximum !
Vihtavuori N105 *C                  54.3      8.0     0.52    1050   100.0    19274    1279   2.007
Maxam CSB 1                         66.5      7.4     0.48    1050   100.0    35338     974   1.790  ! Near Maximum !
Lovex S011                          54.1      6.9     0.45    1050   100.0    36436     990   1.785  ! Near Maximum !
Fiocchi F-Rex red                   54.1      6.9     0.45    1050   100.0    36436     990   1.785  ! Near Maximum !
Bofors RL16 TZ *C *T               104.4     19.2     1.24    1050    49.9    18182    1692   2.039
Alliant Reloder-16 *C *T           104.4     19.2     1.24    1050    49.9    18182    1692   2.039
Rottweil R903                      101.4     18.9     1.23    1050    58.0    16299    1955   2.083
Vihtavuori 3N37                     51.5      7.5     0.49    1050   100.0    25134    1122   1.891
PB Clermont PCL 515                 58.9      7.2     0.47    1050   100.0    33322    1007   1.807
Rottweil P801                       54.9      7.3     0.47    1050   100.0    39382     994   1.782  ! Near Maximum !
PB Clermont PCL 509                 58.7      7.2     0.47    1050   100.0    35062    1008   1.796
Winchester 231                      50.6      7.2     0.47    1050   100.0    35044    1007   1.797
ReloadSwiss RS 20                   56.3      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    30146    1034   1.837
Nitrochemie P2636 Ws                56.1      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    30991    1027   1.830
Rottweil P805                       76.7      7.2     0.46    1050   100.0    43369     975   1.752  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Norma R1                            75.1      7.2     0.46    1050   100.0    43379     975   1.752  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Maxam CSB 2                         62.1      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    36331     985   1.802  ! Near Maximum !
ADI AP 90                           56.4      7.3     0.48    1050   100.0    24957    1110   1.886
PB Clermont PCL 517                130.3     26.2     1.70    1050    36.7    30049    1531   1.847
Rottweil P803                       52.8      7.3     0.47    1050   100.0    32832    1022   1.832
NitroKemia REX 2/Yellow/32          72.1      7.2     0.46    1050   100.0    34009     985   1.802
Vihtavuori N310                     60.5      6.6     0.43    1050   100.0    46253     942   1.728  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Hodgdon H1000 *T                   135.0     25.2     1.63    1050    38.3    28114    1484   1.864
ADI AR 2217                        135.0     25.2     1.63    1050    38.3    28114    1484   1.864
Vihtavuori N120 *C                  73.9     12.7     0.83    1050    84.2    15304    1823   2.104
SNPE Vectan A0                      61.8      7.5     0.48    1050   100.0    31483     990   1.829
SNPE Vectan BA9½                    58.8      7.2     0.46    1050   100.0    33605    1016   1.811
IMR 4166 Enduron *C*T               96.0     17.3     1.12    1050    56.6    18628    1740   2.003
Lovex D073.5                        85.5     17.3     1.12    1050    63.8    15514    1941   2.070
Accurate 2460                       85.3     17.3     1.12    1050    63.8    15514    1941   2.070
Shooters World Precision            93.7     17.2     1.11    1050    62.1    15955    1911   2.058
Lovex S062                          93.7     17.2     1.11    1050    62.1    15955    1911   2.058
Bofors RP19 ~approximation         106.0     19.8     1.28    1050    52.0    17713    1819   2.046
Norma URP *C                       106.0     19.8     1.28    1050    52.0    17707    1819   2.046
IMR 4955 Enduron *C*T              112.6     20.7     1.34    1050    47.7    19720    1660   1.997
Maxam CSB 3                         64.4      7.0     0.45    1050   100.0    37062     985   1.780  ! Near Maximum !
Vihtavuori N565 *C                 133.0     25.8     1.67    1050    39.0    23802    1711   1.920
Winchester 760                     100.8     20.1     1.30    1050    48.9    18267    1759   2.028
Hodgdon H414                       100.8     20.1     1.30    1050    48.9    18267    1759   2.028
ReloadSwiss RS 12                   55.3      7.0     0.45    1050   100.0    37626     983   1.796  ! Near Maximum !
SNPE Vectan A1                      54.3      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    34711     992   1.798
Rottweil J706                       63.5      7.2     0.46    1050   100.0    30031    1076   1.872
ReloadSwiss RS 60 *T               102.1     20.2     1.31    1050    49.0    18354    1740   2.032
SNPE Vectan AS                      57.7      7.0     0.45    1050   100.0    36556     997   1.785  ! Near Maximum !
Maxam CSB 5                         66.5      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    42863     967   1.744  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Maxam CSB 4                         64.4      6.9     0.45    1050   100.0    38686     983   1.769  ! Near Maximum !
Rottweil R904                      110.2     20.5     1.33    1050    47.7    19855    1661   1.992
Hodgdon Clays                       74.8      6.7     0.44    1050   100.0    46038     964   1.727  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
ADI AP 100                          58.4      7.6     0.49    1050   100.0    22496    1191   1.924
ADI AS 30                           70.0      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    41280     984   1.766  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Vihtavuori N540 *C                  90.3     17.2     1.12    1050    64.8    15886    1925   2.064
Winchester 748                      84.3     17.1     1.11    1050    60.5    16415    1852   2.045
Lovex S015                          65.6      6.9     0.44    1050   100.0    38526     995   1.792  ! Near Maximum !
Accurate Solo 1000                  65.6      6.9     0.44    1050   100.0    38526     995   1.792  ! Near Maximum !
Alliant Reloder-17 *T              101.0     20.0     1.29    1050    50.0    18041    1764   2.040
Elcho 17                           101.0     20.0     1.29    1050    50.0    18041    1764   2.040
Vihtavuori 3N38                     53.0      8.2     0.53    1050   100.0    20181    1304   2.000
SNPE Vectan SP 9                    88.9     17.3     1.12    1050    59.5    16780    1833   2.035
Lovex S070                         106.0     19.8     1.28    1050    52.9    17527    1851   2.047
Shooters World SW4350              106.0     19.8     1.28    1050    52.9    17527    1851   2.047
Somchem MP200                       51.4      7.1     0.46    1050   100.0    28284    1074   1.882
Accurate 2495                       92.9     17.1     1.11    1050    67.4    13641    2168   2.168
Hodgdon Hybrid 100V                110.2     20.1     1.30    1050    53.4    18615    1746   2.028
Somchem MS200                       57.1      7.0     0.46    1050   100.0    30075    1052   1.878
PB Clermont PCL 514                 64.2      6.7     0.43    1050   100.0    41727     963   1.760  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
IMR 4895                            91.5     17.3     1.12    1050    58.4    16130    1904   2.051
ADI AS 50N                          61.5      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    37527     996   1.806  ! Near Maximum !
Hodgdon Universal                   56.3      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    33142    1033   1.836
ADI AP 70N                          50.8      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    33142    1033   1.836
Raufoss RA4                        109.4     20.6     1.34    1050    47.0    19512    1675   2.002
Bofors RP4 ~approximation          109.4     20.6     1.34    1050    47.0    19512    1675   2.002
Norma 204 *C                       106.0     20.6     1.34    1050    47.0    19512    1675   2.002
Accurate 2230                       85.1     17.4     1.13    1050    61.8    16509    1869   2.043
Alliant GREEN DOT                   64.3      6.8     0.44    1050   100.0    37061    1008   1.811  ! Near Maximum !
ReloadSwiss RS 76 *C               134.3     27.3     1.77    1050    35.2    29379    1548   1.854
Vihtavuori N140 *C                  95.9     17.4     1.13    1050    62.9    16986    1820   2.033
Alliant BLUE DOT                    54.1      8.3     0.54    1050    99.7    18532    1476   2.049
Alliant HERCO                       59.3      7.0     0.45    1050   100.0    26116    1120   1.914
TLP A 502(RH) ,test only           164.6     30.4     1.97    1050    26.6    57382    1135   1.691  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Alliant RED DOT                     69.0      6.5     0.42    1050   100.0    39598    1001   1.776  ! Near Maximum !
IMR 4320                            92.9     17.2     1.12    1050    57.7    17355    1735   2.022
NC A3502 ,test only                162.1     29.9     1.94    1050    25.4    56332    1061   1.689  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Shooters World Sparta 100           63.5      6.2     0.40    1050   100.0    36517    1028   1.815  ! Near Maximum !
Accurate Nitro 100                  63.5      6.2     0.40    1050   100.0    36517    1028   1.815  ! Near Maximum !
Lovex D013                          63.5      6.2     0.40    1050   100.0    36517    1028   1.815  ! Near Maximum !
Bofors RP11 ~approximation          92.7     17.5     1.13    1050    57.9    16419    1881   2.043
Raufoss RA11                        92.7     17.5     1.13    1050    57.9    16419    1881   2.043
Alliant Reloder-15 *C               92.7     17.5     1.13    1050    57.9    16419    1881   2.043
Ramshot Wild Boar                   86.9     17.5     1.13    1050    58.8    16748    1839   2.036
Ramshot TAC *C                      87.1     17.7     1.15    1050    57.4    17474    1800   2.022
Winchester 6,5 StaBall *T*C        103.3     21.0     1.36    1050    54.2    19008    1703   1.992
Alliant UNIQUE                      54.9      6.7     0.43    1050   100.0    28231    1082   1.880
SNPE Vectan SP 11                   95.9     18.7     1.21    1050    55.2    17045    1814   2.030
PB Clermont PCL 511                103.1     20.7     1.34    1050    48.6    18395    1748   2.029
Ramshot Hunter                     106.6     20.8     1.35    1050    48.6    18432    1747   2.028
Bofors RP4 NT *C ~approximation    108.5     20.8     1.35    1050    49.9    18991    1778   2.010
IMR 4831                           114.0     20.6     1.33    1050    52.3    17936    1857   2.036
PB Clermont PCL 518                107.8     21.0     1.36    1050    47.9    18646    1738   2.022
ADI AR 2209                        111.3     20.9     1.35    1050    45.4    20111    1637   1.988
Norma 203B *C                       93.2     17.6     1.14    1050    58.4    16309    1894   2.046
Alliant Reloder-19 *C              111.6     21.1     1.36    1050    46.0    19264    1686   2.007
Ramshot Big Game                    93.1     18.7     1.21    1050    55.2    17202    1798   2.025
PB Clermont PCL 513/520/9520       156.8     30.2     1.96    1050    31.7    48159    1370   1.736  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
ADI AR 2225                        141.3     26.8     1.74    1050    37.1    27434    1552   1.874
Hodgdon Retumbo                    141.3     26.8     1.74    1050    37.1    27434    1552   1.874
Bofors RP14 ~approximation         112.8     21.3     1.38    1050    46.0    19472    1679   2.002
ReloadSwiss RS 52                   94.5     18.4     1.19    1050    57.2    16580    1889   2.042
Vihtavuori N160 *C                 119.3     21.6     1.40    1050    47.1    20650    1629   1.976
Bofors RP7 NT *C ~approximation     94.5     18.0     1.17    1050    53.1    18354    1619   2.003
Somchem S365                       112.3     21.1     1.37    1050    50.7    18521    1806   2.024
Hodgdon H4350 *T                   106.5     19.7     1.27    1050    51.2    18748    1703   1.987
IMR 4451 Enduron *C*T               96.9     18.1     1.17    1050    54.6    18268    1736   1.999
Hodgdon CFE223 *C                   93.7     19.3     1.25    1050    52.9    17354    1786   2.025
ReloadSwiss RS 70 *C               107.3     21.6     1.40    1050    45.5    19782    1689   1.994
Hodgdon US 869                     149.9     30.1     1.95    1050    30.6    44307    1356   1.752  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
SNPE Vectan SP 13                  154.6     29.8     1.93    1050    32.8    43027    1416   1.761  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
ADI AR 2218                        143.7     28.9     1.87    1050    29.4    42508    1337   1.759  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
ReloadSwiss RS 62                  109.5     21.7     1.40    1050    48.6    18671    1818   2.018
Lovex D073.6                        92.2     17.9     1.16    1050    62.1    15669    1973   2.064
Accurate 2520                       90.1     17.9     1.16    1050    62.1    15669    1973   2.064
Shooters World Match Rifle          92.2     17.9     1.16    1050    62.1    15669    1973   2.064
Somchem 12.7-0                     147.9     28.8     1.87    1050    31.1    40145    1302   1.770  ! Near Maximum !
Vihtavuori N170 *C                 141.2     26.3     1.71    1050    38.3    26593    1622   1.885
Somchem S355                        98.2     18.1     1.17    1050    59.2    16199    1921   2.050
Hodgdon 50BMG                      149.3     28.6     1.85    1050    29.7    39682    1380   1.776  ! Near Maximum !
Somchem S341                        89.3     18.1     1.17    1050    58.7    17337    1800   2.021
Vihtavuori 24N41 *C                140.4     28.2     1.83    1050    31.6    36995    1371   1.791  ! Near Maximum !
Alliant Reloder-50 *C              154.3     31.5     2.04    1050    28.9    59831    1408   1.700  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Accurate LRT                       142.9     28.6     1.86    1050    30.2    35711    1381   1.800  ! Near Maximum !
Somchem S361                       112.2     22.5     1.46    1050    46.9    20895    1677   1.968
PB Clermont PCL 516                 90.9     18.3     1.18    1050    56.2    17381    1808   2.019
Lovex D100                         138.1     28.0     1.82    1050    34.5    36203    1411   1.797  ! Near Maximum !
Shooters World BMG                 138.1     28.0     1.82    1050    34.5    36203    1411   1.797  ! Near Maximum !
Hodgdon BL-C2                       88.3     18.2     1.18    1050    59.1    16207    1923   2.050
Alliant Reloder-33 *C              143.2     29.3     1.90    1050    31.2    36706    1471   1.798  ! Near Maximum !
SNPE Vectan SP 7                    91.4     18.5     1.20    1050    56.8    17110    1847   2.066
Hodgdon H4831 SC *T                115.9     22.1     1.43    1050    43.7    21563    1609   1.959
Hodgdon H4831 *T                   120.6     22.1     1.43    1050    43.7    21563    1609   1.959
Hodgdon H870                       149.6     29.1     1.89    1050    32.3    35588    1487   1.805  ! Near Maximum !
Accurate 4064                       99.0     18.3     1.18    1050    63.7    14286    2110   2.144
Hodgdon LVR                        101.9     19.2     1.25    1050    52.0    17769    1775   2.047
ReloadSwiss RS 80 *C               140.7     28.8     1.87    1050    33.0    35017    1520   1.810
Accurate 4350                      112.0     21.1     1.37    1050    51.0    18198    1932   2.025
Norma 217 *C                       151.3     28.1     1.82    1050    35.2    31105    1571   1.839
Elcho TR140 - preliminary data      95.2     18.5     1.20    1050    56.4    17361    1821   2.020
Ramshot Magnum                     127.0     26.1     1.69    1050    39.3    29362    1547   1.855
Bofors 12,7mmRA NC1214 Lot20115087 154.8     30.9     2.00    1050    29.9    46109    1559   1.754  !DANGEROUS LOAD-DO NOT USE!
Rottweil R907                      101.7     18.8     1.22    1050    53.7    17968    1798   2.044
Bofors RP7                         101.7     18.8     1.22    1050    53.7    17968    1798   2.044
IMR 4007 SSC                        98.5     18.8     1.22    1050    53.7    17991    1798   2.044
Bofors RP36 ZT *C *T               122.0     22.5     1.46    1050    47.4    19704    1754   1.997
Alliant Reloder-23 *C *T           122.0     22.5     1.46    1050    47.4    19704    1754   1.997
ReloadSwiss RS 50                   95.8     18.8     1.22    1050    54.7    17765    1797   2.011
Bofors RP3 NT *C ~approximation     98.3     18.4     1.19    1050    55.2    18385    1723   1.997
ADI AR 2213                        118.2     22.5     1.46    1050    41.1    22195    1590   1.946
Vihtavuori N150 *C                 103.8     18.5     1.20    1050    61.1    16917    1875   2.034
Somchem S385                       117.1     22.3     1.45    1050    47.8    19614    1793   1.994
Hodgdon H380                        96.7     18.6     1.21    1050    55.7    16884    1882   2.070
SNPE Vectan SP 12                  130.1     26.2     1.70    1050    36.9    29816    1533   1.850
Lovex S065                         102.9     19.0     1.23    1050    55.6    17200    1849   2.064
Shooters World Long Rifle          102.9     19.0     1.23    1050    55.6    17200    1849   2.064
IMR 8133 Enduron *C*T                ???    cannot find match, try to lower shot start pressure  
Vihtavuori N570 *C                   ???    cannot find match, try to lower shot start pressure  
V1734 7-multiperf ,test only         ???    cannot find match, try to lower shot start pressure  
And THAT is the full, unedited list of powders it recommends, whether they're safe or not!

I'll Pm you my email. If you want attach a few versions of what QL can directly export and I'll futz with them and see if any of them are spreadsheet friendly

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

shalafi4 posted:

I'll Pm you my email. If you want attach a few versions of what QL can directly export and I'll futz with them and see if any of them are spreadsheet friendly

I'm thinking email may be the better way to communicate at this point, since I'll probably need to be sending files instead of walls o' text that you can copy/paste.

It was actually shockingly simple to turn it into a CSV. Paste the data into Notepad, remove all the header stuff, cull any dangerous loads, then search for any "," and replace with "." (some of the powder names have , in them). Between the numbers are anywhere from 3 to 5 spaces. So use Notepad to find and replace first 5 spaces with a single comma, then 4 spaces, then three, then two. Then just clean up the powder names so they only have one comma after them. Save as .txt, rename as .csv, open in spreadsheet. Delete the columns for "Charge Gram" (Because we're not in Europe!) and Barrel Time (because we want subsonic, not optimal barrel time).

Then come to a screeching halt because you don't know poo poo about spreadsheets and how do I sort the sheet by the Pressure column? I know there's ways you can do it, I've worked with enough reports spreadsheets at work, but I've never BUILT one. Maybe because it's a CSV instead of an XLS? Edit: HAHA, I figured it out! I have them sorted by pressure now!

And to your earlier question about pressure at the gas port, I think you're right: if we just tell it the barrel length is the length to the gas port, it'll provide the muzzle pressure at THAT point, so you can use that to figure the gas pressure at the gas port for cycling. Of course, I assume the pressure calculation is based of a straight hole of .366", and not a 90 degree hole at whatever diameter your gas port will be, so it'll be lower than what you will actually get, I think. So while that won't tell you the gas volume or pressure coming out of the gas port, it WILL tell you the pressure in the barrel at that point. Then I assume if you're smarter than I am, you can calculate the volume and pressure through the gas port.

Edit:VV Edited my post because I figured it out. But thanks! I saved it as an XLSX, but I'm not sure if that was needed, highlighted all of the data (below the headers, but that may not have been needed either), under "Sort & Filter" clicked on "Custom Sort" and was able to tell it to sort by the Pressure column from largest to smallest.

Wa11y fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 29, 2021

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Wa11y posted:

I'm thinking email may be the better way to communicate at this point, since I'll probably be sending attachments instead of walls o' text that you can copy/paste.

It was actually shockingly simple to turn it into a CSV. Paste the data into QL, remove all the header stuff, cull any dangerous loads, then search for any "," and replace with "." (some of the powder names have , in them). Between the numbers are anywhere from 3 to 5 spaces. So use Notepad to find and replace first 5 spaces with a single comma, then 4 spaces, then three, then two. Then just clean up the powder names so they only have one comma after them. Save as .txt, rename as .csv, open in spreadsheet. Delete the columns for "Charge Gram" (Because we're not in Europe!) and Barrel Time (because we want subsonic, not optimal barrel time).

Then come to a screeching halt because you don't know poo poo about spreadsheets and how do I sort the sheet by the Pressure column? I know there's ways you can do it, I've worked with enough reports spreadsheets at work, but I've never BUILT one. Maybe because it's a CSV instead of an XLS?

Are you opening the CSV in Excel? Quick Googling suggests this: https://support.activenetwork.com/endurance/articles/en_US/Article/Sorting-A-CSV-File-In-Excel-1390519208129?searchIn=allTypes

Presuming that the selections data and making a table approach I’m used to doesn’t work in a csv.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

To get rid of the extra spaces in Notepad when you may have three, four, five, six, etc. spaces in a row between fields on a table that has been converted to text, here's a trick I do. Do the find/replace with Ctrl + H, but search only for two spaces, and replace it with one. Simply repeat this step several times, and eventually you'll turn all of your consecutive spaces into just one space.

Also, if you're using Microsoft Excel, sometimes just pasting a text-based table of data into Excel is enough for Excel to figure out where the columns should start. It doesn't always work, but it does more often than you would think.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

That's... odd.

Looking through they have Accurate 2 and Accurate 11fs

but no 5, 7 or 9....

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

They ARE in the dropdown list of powders known to Quickload, and I went through the raw list, and there's none of the powders listed, so they must not meet our criteria.

Edit: They're all under 50% load density. Want me to send you 25%?

Edit: Edit: I've got a solid workflow for creating CSVs, I'll send you the data for 25% fill.

Wa11y fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 29, 2021

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Wa11y posted:

They ARE in the dropdown list of powders known to Quickload, and I went through the raw list, and there's none of the powders listed, so they must not meet our criteria.

Edit: They're all under 50% load density. Want me to send you 25%?

Edit: Edit: I've got a solid workflow for creating CSVs, I'll send you the data for 25% fill.

Got it. I'm going to sit down and filter through this either tonight or tomorrow when I'm not at work and pick a few to focus on.

Oddly, some of the weights/loads with the accurate powders I was asking about are a bit confuzzling to me.

The slowest and fastest of the AA No.X have loads above 50% fill but the ones in the middle don't. (also may try some of those with a few different variables)

shalafi4 fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 1, 2021

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

I finally got the old barrel off of the donor rifle. Tightened to 70 ft/lbs my rear end.

Started to size some cases to actual proper length and quickly ran into a problem.

The original resize reamer I ordered was designed to use 7.62x39 brass.

I'm using Grendel Basic brass now that it's available and take a LOT less work.

Guess what only has 0.010" thick brass instead of 0.012~0.014"

So I have to make my reloading dies into bushing dies now *sigh* Good news though, the dummy round I did make and carefully crimped the mouth into the cannalure chambered like butter.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

So interesting tidbit of info I found out.

9x39 is rated to 51,500 psi not the 40,000 that the older 7.62x39 was. (newer 7.62x39 is rated to ~52ksi as well by CIP)

That's average tested peak pressures.

The "case" maximum is ~59ksi (calculated number counting some number of standard deviations)

Proof load is about 66ksi.

Knowing that raise that max pressure in quickload!

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

I'm assuming this isn't going to matter too much yet, since you're using subsonics in a bolt action rifle, but will matter a whole lot when you move to an AK/AS action, since I assume higher possible chamber pressure will lead to higher possible gas port pressure?

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Wa11y posted:

I'm assuming this isn't going to matter too much yet, since you're using subsonics in a bolt action rifle, but will matter a whole lot when you move to an AK/AS action, since I assume higher possible chamber pressure will lead to higher possible gas port pressure?

Exactly! I want to try and get a single load made that will work in both.

How the only other source I've found managed to get his AK to cycle was to use H110 and I'm almost positive it was burning inside the gas tube to do so.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

shalafi4 posted:

Exactly! I want to try and get a single load made that will work in both.

How the only other source I've found managed to get his AK to cycle was to use H110 and I'm almost positive it was burning inside the gas tube to do so.

I was about to do a joke post but is the source you were looking at using a suppressor or not? You’re clearly rather more experienced than I, so you’ve probably thought of this and apologies if I’ve missed something, but I know that the increased back pressure from suppressing is a known factor for people making subsonic 7.62 loads reliable.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Vindolanda posted:

I was about to do a joke post but is the source you were looking at using a suppressor or not? You’re clearly rather more experienced than I, so you’ve probably thought of this and apologies if I’ve missed something, but I know that the increased back pressure from suppressing is a known factor for people making subsonic 7.62 loads reliable.

eh. snark and sarcasm are welcome

The guy was trying it with both actually.

Part of the big issue with 9x39's is that there's a tiny volume of powder for a fairly substantial bore. So your pressure drops off very quickly. Similar to how early .300 blackout/AAC subsonics had problems cycling in carbine length AR's.

For now we're shooting for a non suppressed cycling.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

How did the Soviets solve that issue with the VSS?

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

How did the Soviets solve that issue with the VSS?

Combination of a few different things.

Crazy short gas system Like Draco pistol might have a longer distance to it's gas block.

Second the entire first half of that suppressor looking shroud is Acts like a secondary gas block so there's significant back pressure from the suppressor function.

(that metal shroud at the top of the photo is just a tube to hold it all in.)

So they're basically tapping the gas off at as high of pressure as possible and trying to generate as much extra back pressure they can. I also think the bolt/bolt carrier might be lighter than a standard ak? that I'm not positive on.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

As I understand it, the AS VAL/VSS Vintorez are very different internally to an AK. If you look at the first picture that shows the disassembled Vintorez, you can see there's no hammer sticking up. I understand that's because they went to some sort of striker fired system in the AS/VS rifles.

Lazarev Tactical has some good videos on the AS/VS rifles, but they're in Russian and Youtube only offers auto-generated English subtitles, so no guarantee on accuracy.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

shalafi4 posted:

eh. snark and sarcasm are welcome

The guy was trying it with both actually.

Part of the big issue with 9x39's is that there's a tiny volume of powder for a fairly substantial bore. So your pressure drops off very quickly. Similar to how early .300 blackout/AAC subsonics had problems cycling in carbine length AR's.

For now we're shooting for a non suppressed cycling.

No snark or sarcasm, my thing is technically workable over-complications. In this case I suggest an arrangement where the first half of the mag is run as a straight-pull bolt action. The excess expanding gas will be tapped from a port and used to pressurise a small bottle. When the pressure is high enough a valve turns and the pressurised bottle vents into the gas system to boost the gas pressure and make sure that the last part of the mag cycles as a self-loader.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Vindolanda posted:

No snark or sarcasm, my thing is technically workable over-complications. In this case I suggest an arrangement where the first half of the mag is run as a straight-pull bolt action. The excess expanding gas will be tapped from a port and used to pressurise a small bottle. When the pressure is high enough a valve turns and the pressurised bottle vents into the gas system to boost the gas pressure and make sure that the last part of the mag cycles as a self-loader.

Or

Just attach a co2 bottle to the front of the gas block and have the pressure from the bullet trigger the valve to run the gas system

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

shalafi4 posted:

Or

Just attach a co2 bottle to the front of the gas block and have the pressure from the bullet trigger the valve to run the gas system

Bit pedestrian isn’t it? Why not have a.22 blank direct blowback system on top of the 9x39 action? Every trigger pull on the 9x39 would also fire a .22 blank that puts extra cycling force on the 9x39 bolt?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Vindolanda posted:

Bit pedestrian isn’t it? Why not have a.22 blank direct blowback system on top of the 9x39 action? Every trigger pull on the 9x39 would also fire a .22 blank that puts extra cycling force on the 9x39 bolt?

A small, well-lit office within a light industrial park in Tampa, Florida. A drafting table surrounded by empty cans of bright pink energy drink and discarded "toilet bowl cleaner" packages. A man lays on the table, almost devoid of life. A twitch of the eye, a slow trickle of light machine oil from the skin. Fighting entropy. An occasional whispered fragment of Holy Pressure falls from his lips: "Twenty-four... Comma... Six... Five... Six... PSI." He stirs, slowly stands without bending his knees, faces the unblinking glass eye of a camera, "Hello, Youtube! My name is Mark Serbu and today we're going to make a blank-firing .22lr machine gun to actuate another, larger, semi-auto gun!"

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Vindolanda posted:

Because you're describing 9×39 Rube Goldberg, a similar but incompatible co-cartridge/firearm configuration.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

madeintaipei posted:

A small, well-lit office within a light industrial park in Tampa, Florida. A drafting table surrounded by empty cans of bright pink energy drink and discarded "toilet bowl cleaner" packages. A man lays on the table, almost devoid of life. A twitch of the eye, a slow trickle of light machine oil from the skin. Fighting entropy. An occasional whispered fragment of Holy Pressure falls from his lips: "Twenty-four... Comma... Six... Five... Six... PSI." He stirs, slowly stands without bending his knees, faces the unblinking glass eye of a camera, "Hello, Youtube! My name is Mark Serbu and today we're going to make a blank-firing .22lr machine gun to actuate another, larger, semi-auto gun!"

“Tell me those words, those four words every firearm designer wants to hear.”
“Singularly unpleasant and alarming.”

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Vindolanda posted:

OR .. or.. hear me out.

A whole second magazine/chamber and a dual firing pin..

the 2nd is just a blank to cycle the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

shalafi4 posted:

OR .. or.. hear me out.

A whole second magazine/chamber and a dual firing pin..

the 2nd is just a blank to cycle the whole thing.

I’d like to know what people thought I meant, because that’s what I meant.