Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Bruce Bulden is my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Lasting Damage posted:

Since we're starting off with fawning praise, I'll add my two cents. Maybe its sort of corny, but I still really like this bit Brace read after the lockdowns started and it became apparent that the pandemic was going to last a long time. I happened to be reading Dune again about this time so Brace's metaphor about climbing a mountain but being unable to see the peak really clicked with the way Paul's foresight is described in the book. Combined, that helped me work through all my feelings about that time, especially following the collapse of the Sanders primary campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xamq9xo5_I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE3kHPgDEDA

This is the one that does it for me.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Cnidaria posted:

If you liked the interview make sure to listen to episode 15 of ALAB podcast where they discuss Dershowitz destroying Finkelstein’s career.

and then listen to all of ALAB because the Faketoshi episode is one of the funniest thing I've ever listened to.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

What was the unlocked ep?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Ed Opperman rules and I'm not not if he's a gigantic crank or not but I choose to believe he's telling the truth

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

this is a real melt-your-brain episode and it's very very good

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

busalover posted:

That Gaetz episode was totally gaga. Didn't know wtf is going on half the time.

Liz is in the CIA

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Thought the Adam Curtis episode was really good. It made me way more interested in actually sitting down and watching it than the Chapo episode did for some reason.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Omnicarus posted:

Brace the Furious 5'4 does a really good coindexter impression.

oh u mean da crypto snake

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

90 seconds into the new ep and it's already a great one

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Skulk Hogan posted:

Yeah these daily reports are wild. I read somewhere the other day this is expected to go on for six weeks. Just six weeks of Brace being The Most Odious Reporter.

There is no chance that if this goes six weeks Brace isn't kicked out for offering a US Marshall some juul rips or something.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i listen to every ep, i am a gourmand for eps

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

All of the Synanon stuff has been brutal to listen to. The production and actual quality of the podcasting is incredibly high though.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Cached Money posted:

I think one of the actors is Yung Chomsky, sounds like it at least. They probably got some friends to do it I guess?

The voices are listed in the episode notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

was a fine episode for some poo poo i don't care about