Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

some plague rats posted:

Yungchomsky is just jewish ned flanders isn't he

I'm surprised he's a real person, and not some in-joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Bust Rodd posted:

Brace and Felix taking like 5 loving minutes to talk about their favorite guns and what kind of guns they like to play with in the middle of a 3 hour podcast about the worst mass shooting in American History is... uh... well... they suuuuuuuuuure do that lol

Are they fans of InRange?

Chapo Desert Brutality when?!

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Her speculation about cities getting re-vitalized because rents go down and young people move back in idk that seemed like day-dreaming to me, does she have a background in economics? That seemed too vague to the point where maybe it shouldn't get mentioned.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Her analysis on the decline of moocs was sloppy as well - moocs declined because no one wanted to spend money on a certificate no employer cares about. Oh, you've got a certificate for a course on infosec from coursera? well good for you, pal. The idea that it's the lack of physical proximity to fellow students and the teacher sounds like some 90s era internet criticism.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
That Gaetz episode was totally gaga. Didn't know wtf is going on half the time.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I'm not through with the Adam Curtis episode yet, but so far it sounds like three american dudes trying to figure out "what is cultural studies?". Apparently cultural studies never made it across the pond, but it's exactly what Curtis relies on: using psychology, marxism, anthropology and media studies to create some holistic analysis of society that more often than not is nothing more than a polemic/rant/shitpost, albeit an educated one. It's like the academic version of suffocation by your own farts.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I lost it at the David Guetta cold open.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Mandrel posted:

late on this but to me the biggest thing that makes me believe something was going on with Mandalay is that it was the biggest shooting ever by a white conservative dude during a media climate that loves fixating on shootings yet absolutely every media outlet had basically memory holed it within like, a week.

I honestly could buy the crazy boomer goes out with a bang narrative if it weren't for that. but the fact that everybody was like uh paddock who Mandalay what almost immediately is a huge loving tell

Afaik the city of Las Vegas was very interested in memory holing the event, since the tourists & money need to keep coming. They spent significant bucks on PR firms to take care of that.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
https://twitter.com/DJWillMartin/status/1466491155143544834

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I mean she's a loser, but not that big of a loser.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
First time I heard it, I wasn't sure if it's some kind of joke or meme. It sounded like a Clueless podcast.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
yeah I think that court artist really had a field day.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Those were the days. Just having fun with the boys :sigh:

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
That brings back memories of the murder of Betty van Patter in the 70s. She was a bookkeeper for the Black Panther Party, found some irregularities, and then wound up dead in a river. People accused Huey Newton and Elaine Brown for ordering the kill, but nothing ever came of it.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
If you want a look at the Bankman-Fried scandal from a financial side, check out Patrick Boyle on Youtube. I just listened to the latest TA episode, and if you don't know anything about the case, it's pretty light on detail to the point where it's tabloid-y.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
some depressed word salad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ89_25mWIQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Martin Shkreli gives SBF some tips on how to survive jailtime in MDC Brooklyn. Shkreli is a funny interview partner, worth a listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvs4iDnzbPo&t=1907s