Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
why would you recommend the azealia banks episode goddamn bust wtf you doin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
here are my recommendations for starting episodes from the other thread. brace is an acquired taste if you're not accustomed to his level of irony and nonsense so give it some time. liz also keeps him in check more as time goes on. the more i think about it though, you want to start at the beginning, especially if you're interested in epstein. first episode has matt christman and you get to hear them jokingly discuss the possibility that he'll be killed before it actually happens a few episodes later

crepeface posted:

yeah, you can really start whenever, they are pretty hardened podcasters but some of the Chapo guest episodes are good to get grounded if you come from there. some of the summary episodes are good and episode XIX has brace talk about the middle east from the perspective of someone who was there fighting isis.

actually, start from the beginning since ep 1, has matt and go through till epstein dies in eps 4-5.

29-30 is about Ghislaine's background, which is will continue to be relevant as her court case proceeds.

38 is about DNC psyops and media

there's one with yasha levine of radio war nerd

i think their COVID episodes have some good insights, but i really am sick of hearing about it

i will add that 106: #freeassange is very good for pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of self-important journalists/media

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Lasting Damage posted:

Since we're starting off with fawning praise, I'll add my two cents. Maybe its sort of corny, but I still really like this bit Brace read after the lockdowns started and it became apparent that the pandemic was going to last a long time. I happened to be reading Dune again about this time so Brace's metaphor about climbing a mountain but being unable to see the peak really clicked with the way Paul's foresight is described in the book. Combined, that helped me work through all my feelings about that time, especially following the collapse of the Sanders primary campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xamq9xo5_I

cool, i missed this. this is kinda how i've been approached how the ever worsening circumstances i see happening. at least poo poo is getting so bad that a few people are waking up (myself included i guess).

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
aatrek was the mod and tviv is absolutely without question the worst subforum. you get the same ardent defenders of garbage prestige tv because hbo threw money at a few big names and a cinematographer as you do in CD but you also get the dumbest people ever who somehow manage to watch children's tv show's wrong by missing basic facts.

...or at least it was like that a few years ago. maybe it's good now but the only way to tell would be to click the link so it's impossible to know

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Groovelord Neato posted:

No it's still that way. In the Boys thread it took someone until Stormfront started gleefully murdering minorities in an apartment building to realize the character was racist.

lol oh yeah i was part of the people yelling at burrito or whatever his name was

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i recall it took a picture of hitler at her wedding for him to acknowledge it.

he then went right into "looking forward to her redemption arc" lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
yeah, it starts with brace being rambling a lot. liz later holds him in check more

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i like brace, but i feel like i was impatiently waiting him to stfu so i could listen to liz explain exactly how absurd fintech is

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Seams posted:

Catching up on the Finkelstein episodes now. Norm is a legend.

just came.here to post this exact same thing, what a champ.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
what kind of ar-15 do they like

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
the 10 most recent episodes are missing?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Danger posted:

The article is also very good:
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/fort-bragg-murders-1153405/

quote:

There was another vivid memory that particularly bothered him: walking through the rubble of a demolished city with a Belgian Malinois, a service dog, and allowing the animal to eat the brains from a dead man’s broken skull “as a treat.”

gently caress me that's a sentence

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i've almost finished the 2nd musk episode and idk if it's because i've been tracking his shittyness since early days, but these are too long imo.

edit: i was going to say i'm close to end of part 3 but there's still 25 minutes left lmao. part 3 and the end of part 2 is better.

crepeface fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jul 6, 2021

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
hey, Felix is on to talk about vilerat's assassination in retaliation for doing CIA poo poo to destroy an economy (isk)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/1436550527391764480?t=TECAlqQ1OOtXMpxDXlwZkg&s=19

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
first page has a bunch of recommendations. imo the Azealia Banks ep is a bad one to start with

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Sicario III is amazing, outlining a low-tech dystopian cyberpunk world.

also lol:

https://twitter.com/kuntupdates/status/1441442973531754497?t=Qb5VpXhsPI42pXbEKKFD0A&s=19

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
it's a great voice

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
*nick mullen jordan peterson voice*

actually, being molested makes you unable to judge child molestation

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
liz's most powerful cray-ze yet

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

wonder if they'll do an ep about this

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gladio 2 baby!!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
poor bust rodd, banished to the shadow realm while brace itemizes the different kinds of sexualities.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

KirbyKhan posted:

Last year's prank was immaculate. Perfect, could never be topped.

one thing would have made it better: if it were paywalled

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

yellowcar posted:

brace and yung chomsky got interviewed by the falun gong after watching shen yun lmao

https://twitter.com/HealthGothRvivl/status/1646718492790657025

there's video

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
good ep with Seth harp. Liz's rant about everyone being gaslit about Ukraine and going insane, esp. since we had so many people meltdown over the cspam thread

also Liz said tranche twice so A++

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

TenementFunster posted:

:mad:
are spoilers bannable in whatever subforum this thread is in

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
:mods: ban+30 for Cached Money

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1698123787357622777?t=E7opsnYDbnXydLoncBI88Q&s=19

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
maybe the best cold open of any podcast ever?!?!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
abby and robbie martin interview liz and brace with stories of how they met. liz and brace sound so cool oWo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyMjBisZJdY

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
god i want a trueanon entourge series so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1cVN_JcboE

fake edit: didn't felix do some kinda episode on it?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
more like bored games!!!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

sock it to me! posted:

Board games loving suck because even if #1 I survive hearing the rules and #2 the game is actually fun, I am 100% of the time going to lose to the owner of the game. Motherfucker I didn't want to play it once, I drat sure don't want to "play again now that I understand it".

I'm a patient, gregarious guy but board games sour me right up.

i won the first time i played settlers of catan :cool:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Danger posted:

What’d they do to get their twitter suspended

did you not see them promote violence by making a board game

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
yeah

https://twitter.com/yugopnik/status/1744712990371492218?t=GAho0-P1D0Fuo7WcEsQgog&s=19

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

KirbyKhan posted:

Never clicked a podcast and fabricated a grocery store run faster. I'm so hype for P Diddy news!

KirbyKhan posted:

So far this has been a great Kate Middleton primer

these two posts in a row is very intriguing

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lmao

liz: just go to the doctor!
brace: what, is he going to cure me of being a jew? they already tried that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Heath posted:

I don't know how you'd fall for it since it's the same joke they did a year or two ago lol

it was even better last year when they just played the music forever.