Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Problem description: A couple days ago I tried and failed to play Resident Evil 7. On a computer restart it worked, and then I found I had the same problem and solution when opening CoD: Warzone and the Epic Games Store. Epic comes with a message that my graphics card might not be up to date (it is) while Warzone says DirectX had an unrecoverable error. RE7 just crashes with no message. Again, on a restart the problem goes away until the next time I'm on the PC. It's just a nuisance.

Attempted fixes: I reinstalled the latest version of AMD Radeon Software.

Recent changes: Not that I can think of.

Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

System specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
Radeon RX 580
16 GB RAM

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Make sure W10 is fully updated.

Also, you could try running DDU: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3403
and then installing the latest GPU drivers again.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Zogo posted:

Make sure W10 is fully updated.

Also, you could try running DDU: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3403
and then installing the latest GPU drivers again.
Thanks. Disabling fast start resolved the issue.