Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I will need some help filling in the blanks here so I left some of the numbers unfilled so we can easily slot in parts of this plan as we remember them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

i often think back to the scheme he had in clone wars where obiwan pretended to be dead and infiltrated a prison break and assassination attempt on palpatine which took months seemed to have an end goal of slightly annoying anakin

Thank you for bringing this up I'm gonna make sure to add in all the requisite details to the chart.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Wait what's going on with that bounty hunter part

So I can't blame you if you didn't hear about this because neither did I and I had to do research about it on the internet but these events were all part of Palpatine's "inter movie plan" which was an exciting part of his plan that took place between the films! This particular aspect of the plan sources from The Clone Wars and here is a historical photo

Now this might seem very similar to a different thing that happened in Attack of the Clones so to keep them straight I've included some of the bits I've remembered from attack of the clones in the plan.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

So, pre monster face what was Sheev's real voice? Was he pulling a reverse Batman for his entire political career?

Yes. Sheev always had a monster face and also somehow his hands were the only part of him severely impacted from being thrown into the core of an exploding death star.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This is getting hard to read on mobile. Too drunk for solutions.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

fartknocker posted:

This is also part of the plan:

I think it's pretty clear this happens sometime on the death star 2 as it's being constructed.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Part of why Palpatine is such an enigma is he arguably already had that and all he had to do was kick back and retire from politics on his massive sith wealth with his crazy good government healthcare plan for being an ex supreme chancellor and he decided instead to try and rule through fear on top of it all.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Sheev Palpatine shits and pisses wherever he's standing and then uses sith alchemy to disappear the waste. I'm not sure how that factors in but it's definitely a big part of the plan.

I'm still figuring out how to work this in without making sheev look silly

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I can justify palpatine loving once on the list to establish Rey Palpatine as a thing but I'm gonna need some firm sourcing to fit in more loving.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The innocent bug people thought this whole thing was gonna be a gigantic hotel and then the only thing palpatine didn't strip out was the heated garbage pool.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

alright, so the death star at least in the new canon was supposed to be his big nuke button so he could go fully graveyard smash openly. its why he gets rid of the senate and all the vestigial poo poo right around new hope because he doesnt think he needs it around anymore. idk

also lol here is the wookpedia article

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Grand_Plan

using this article has been ruled by our referee as cheating in this legitimate competition

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think this is pretty much right? When I'm more sober I'm gonna clean this up properly

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Some of the stuff at the end got truncated but Im gonna fix it, let me know if you think anything is out of order

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
All just puppets dancing on the string of his genius.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This is why palpatine wanted to exterminate the jedi to begin with.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I haven't given up on completing this great work in fact I never give up! We're gonna get this done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Every great leader has to sacrifice their own personal desires for the good of their giant planet destroying battlestation.