Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

There was a story I read where humanity is involved in a massive foreverwar across the galaxy with a race of bugs, and then one ship gets nearly destroyed and the last surviving crewmember has to escape down to a nearby planet that has a medieval level society. Eventually the ship's computer analyzes the situation and says that help won't be able to arrive in a thousand years, although it was possible the bugs would arrive in a couple hundred, so the survivor decides to build a new kingdom to prepare the world for the bug invasion and give it a fighting chance.

Which seems interesting as a premise, but then it's just a slightly different twist on the old isekai formula where the protagonist gets ahead with cheat abilities (in this case nanomachines and guns) and uses his future knowledge to make such amenities as a hair dryer, and improbably the supporting cast is mostly women who feel extremely obligated to him. I guess it's pretty rare for a manga to run with a sci-fi premise like that in the first place.

I think I'm still subscribed to this exact LN. It's terrible, I've never seen such listless worldbuilding.

The conceit of programming being Actual Magic in certain scopes is a nice one, but all the anime I've seen suggests that it's just a tool to get Dragon Quest style spells in their show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU