Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I draw my battleaxe and pray to the gods!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

The people of the future would be as appalled at what you just wrote as you would be if you found out that your grandfather had attended klan meetings.

I already knew my grandfather was racist.

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

CPL593H posted:

Did you miss the part where I said I have no shame? Tell those bitches to come into my restaurant. I'll tar and feather them but instead of tar and feathers it's going to be maple syrup and cigarette ashes.

You realize that those words today would be like a slave owner talking with pride about his farming equipment right? I guess that you really do have no shame. The future generations are appalled by what you did.

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Best answer so far. There’s no winning in this scenario. It’s best to go out in a blaze of glory.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

This guy knows how to deal with dipshits. I roll plasma cannon to gently caress with future pancake prudes.

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Linux Pirate posted:

This guy knows how to deal with dipshits. I roll plasma cannon to gently caress with future pancake prudes.

Also a great answer.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

You realize that those words today would be like a slave owner talking with pride about his farming equipment right? I guess that you really do have no shame. The future generations are appalled by what you did.

Jesus I was just eating the pancakes I wasn't loving them.

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

CPL593H posted:

Jesus I was just eating the pancakes I wasn't loving them.

Jefferson found an easier way to save money on agricultural expenses. I don’t think it was very wise, but despite that he was buried in debt by the time that he died.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

Also a great answer.

Wait, if pancakes are equal to slaves because of reasons, you just agreed that taking out objectors with an axe and a plasma cannon is the best choice. So you are the turbo racist (pastriest)?

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Linux Pirate posted:

Wait, if pancakes are equal to slaves because of reasons, you just agreed that taking out objectors with an axe and a plasma cannon is the best choice. So you are the turbo racist (pastriest)?

It depends. You see, what Orwell was getting at is that censorship is bad.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I go North and declare war on Australasia.

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Xenocides posted:

I go North and declare war on Australasia.

Luckily the northwest passage is heavily in use at this time, though you still get stuck in ice if you aren’t careful. Canada became very wealthy by controlling this part of the Arctic Ocean.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

It depends. You see, what Orwell was getting at is that censorship is bad.

If racism is bad even though it is found to be false, it shouldn't be disregarded for some reason?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

is it legal to drink my own pee in this future?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

is it legal to drink my own pee in this future?

Absolutely not, we've established that only prudes exist in the future.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Linux Pirate posted:

its not a sex thing. im not some kind of pervert ok. its for my health.

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

You should already know where the established cult of science will have to say about this! If it is for health reasons, the scientists disagree and it’s banned. If it is for sex reasons, the science is settled and your form of what once was considered mental illness is paramount to your sexuality and therefore it is permissible.

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Linux Pirate posted:

Progressive prudes. They are part of erasing certain things out of history. They aren’t the evangelicals, but they operate similarly. Rebellion will be intolerable now that they’ve taken over. Disagreeing with them will cost you your job, your social status, and any notoriety that you may have.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

As an authority of futurology, I accept this non-sex health pee specialty. May you streams flow long and wide.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

Progressive prudes. They are part of erasing certain things out of history. They aren’t the evangelicals, but they operate similarly. Rebellion will be intolerable now that they’ve taken over. Disagreeing with them will cost you your job, your social status, and any notoriety that you may have.

Piss outlaw? Sign me the gently caress up.

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Linux Pirate posted:

If racism is bad even though it is found to be false, it shouldn't be disregarded for some reason?

It depends if you believe in privilege or not.

But on a more fundamental level, the slippery slope is real.

The first established thought crimes were obvious ones: blasphemy and then noticing characteristics of those foreign to you. It went down from there. The new crime is not using the correct and newly made up pronoun.

If you are ok with racism without bigotry and state sponsored discrimination, then you understand the real issue with using thought against the people. The minute you limit speech is the minute that you no longer have that freedom to tell the truth.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

you can join my pee drinking outlaw gang, the yella river rustlers.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

You wake up in a future. You can somehow understand the language, but you are not familiar with the history or tech. You are from a period of time proceeding the present so distant that events and first person perspective are no longer available to the minds of the broader public.

You meet people who are societal rejects, but they take pity on you and help you. You seek out media documenting your time period. It’s all wrong, laughably different than how you remember it. The people of your time are criticized heavily for being against the current social stigmas that have become acceptable in the present. Your memory of this is 180 degrees opposite of the factual history media is telling you. Every hate crime of this period is blamed on your generation without mention of the massive opposition to it. Ideas that you personally opposed are without hesitation are ascribed to being supported by a majority of your generation. The historical accounts are altered from what you clearly remembered.

The political climate that you are in punishes those who speak of facts in a manner that embarrasses the status quo or goes against the official historic narrative. You notice that certain music, movies, and best selling books are missing from the archives. You notice that ideas of your current surroundings are heavily regulated. People who you’ve built trust in tell you that there are certain ways to behave without getting yourself into trouble. They advise you on daily life, initially out of fears that you might be suffering from mental illness, but over time they come to realize the truth. They start to believe what you are telling them about you having been transported to a present that is years after you youngest great grand child has died at the age of seventy. Your friends ask you the question: “what was your time really like?”

You’ve observed with great paranoia that a generation ago that people who denied the official evidence of a mass sanctioned execution of undocumented migrants at the southern border back in 2016 had been routinely turned in to the authorities by their own children and had been imprisoned. You were around in 2016, but it’s 160 years into the future. You know that there are obviously lies written in the archives and entire mentions of some of your favorite entertainment is gone.

What would you do?

Would you tell the truth or keep your head down?
We get it, you're mad Trump lost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I wake up in the future, some scientists are gathered around my freezing pod. Without hesitation I start sucking them the freak off.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BSN_tg_bgg posted:

The first established thought crimes were obvious ones: blasphemy and then noticing characteristics of those foreign to you.
Lol you're a "race realist"

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Please get my pronouns wrong so you and this thread can be hauled away

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What are cheeseburgers like in the future

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I will ask the Men of Tomorrow if Star Citizen has finally been released and we will laugh and laugh and become great friends.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

There's no loving way I'm reading that wall of gibberish that makes up the op.

Go away.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big Beef City posted:

There's no loving way I'm reading that wall of gibberish that makes up the op.

Go away.

OP keeps sneaking in bizarre sexism and very vague racism into his posts give it a few weeks to progressively become worse until he is finally banned for being Seraph once more.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
lol who's reading in this economy??

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I’d bullshit the hell out of them and offer up logical fallacies until their heads exploded from stupid people anger.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

you can join my pee drinking outlaw gang, the yella river rustlers.

If they’ve abolished Gatorade, where else are you supposed to get you’re electrolytes? :thunk:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
>check inventory

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Smugworth posted:

What are cheeseburgers like in the future

They are made up of insects designed to look like beef. That was before they were made smaller via legislation to prevent the spread of obesity.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I check to see if seraph's descendants are still buying Something Awful accounts

BSN_tg_bgg
Jan 17, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I will ask the Men of Tomorrow if Star Citizen has finally been released and we will laugh and laugh and become great friends.

No record of this entertainment media found. Must have gotten purged, but they stopped allowing the public to remember why it was erased from history.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
How does the future feel about bitcoin OP

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Are you the guy who made that thread about a boring weird foursome and gloated about MAKING ALL THE DECISIONS in your marriage? Are your progeny in this future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
“this is exactly like Stalin liquidating millions of human beings!” I scream after hearing that Twitter suspended a dude for inciting violence on their website