Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Woof, I’m not feeling this season at all. I’m fine with the plot moving slowly if the trade off is character growth like in the other seasons, but it’s 5 episodes in and other than Dory being broken down everything else might as well not have happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I guess it doesn’t help that I binged season 3 before starting season 4 and, IMO, season 3 had everyone’s character progress a shitload even if the trial itself was absolutely nonsensical.

Goddamn, Cassidy was so good, season 3 owned.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Annabel Pee posted:

E: Funniest moment of the whole season though was doll drew having a little toy obelisk. Did the public even know about that?

Yeah, my wife also pointed that out. I chalked it up to it just being in Dory's imagination but it was weird.

Season 2/3 question: what was up with the detective storyline? Nothing she did really affected the plot at all (like 99% of the gang's fuckups when covering up the crime happened before they knew about her) and then it was unceremoniously dropped in season 3 after faking out that it was going to be a big deal.

I'm just wondering if I missed something there.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Just want to clarify that I absolutely enjoyed this show, especially season 3. Season 4 is still good television, just not very fun for me, unfortunately. At least as far as episode 5.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Lol, the best part about that comment is that the last two episodes make it very clear that Dory is at least partly choosing to go along with Chip's fiction because she'd rather live in his fantasy world than in the real world where she's just a loving murderer..

Whatever complains I might have about this season, Dory's breakdown has been well handled and is entirely consistent with her character.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Drew literally (spoilers coming dude that is on season 1) tried to destroy a dude’s marriage so he could get his escape flight paid by his job instead of just putting it on his parent’s credit card, like he does everything else.

It was also a stupid move since like, did he expect the company to not fire him once the police came knocking? Why waste the time?

He also unnecessarily lied and manipulated his new girlfriend instead of just telling the truth and maybe dealing with her breaking up with him, after she trusted him with some really personal information.

He’s as lovely as the rest of them.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I don't agree, I think both the funeral and last scene happened. The mutliple Dorys (Dories? Dorii?) are just a bit of magical realism added to the show to illustrate the fact that everyone is multiple version of themselves at all times and people see the version they want to see.

dpkg chopra fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Phenotype posted:

How can you reconcile the funeral for Dory with the scene of her being revived on a stretcher? The funeral has to be a dream, otherwise we're looking at alternate realities or something. Or I guess really hacky writing, where she survived the fire but, I dunno, got hit by a truck the next day.

If I had to guess, she told the paramedics she was someone else. Her whole arc was about wanting to kill the old Dory and become a new person, free of sin.

I don't think we actually saw inside the casket so maybe that was empty. Possibly they found the neighbor's charred body and assumed it was Dory given that nobody really knew that the neighbor was even there in the first place other than Chip and Layla.

That explanation probably won't hold up if you put it under a microscope, but we're talking about a show where a taped confession was thrown out because of a "Laurel/Yanni" joke.