Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I had no idea this game had just come out, I've been looking forward to it for a while.

Here's to having some fun adventures with our friends! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I "only" waited 3 or 4 years since having found out about it, the aesthetic and themes are extremely my thing.

Having said that I'm not in the right space to play something like this atm so I'm glad for this LP to provide another degree of separation between the events of the story and my person.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I'm a bit weirded that the game's jamming in spooks and self-harm between the tutorial scenes of learning game mechanics while hanging out with your pals and talking to quirky cartoon creatures.

But I guess trauma doesn't really care about your comfort and sense of appropriate pacing so I'll take it.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

After my laptop died I was on a CRT monitor for several years until three weeks ago, when it finally gave up on life.

I also played PS3 games on a CRT TV and, uh... Some games definitely are not meant for it.

My favorite tags are the ones where Aubrey tags the others.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Fly free, scarecrow. Live life to the fullest.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The Dream World is even more sad, unsettling and somehow also gosh-darn charming after some real world adventures.

Hot Diggitty Dog indeed.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I like the pout that angry Kel makes.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

You weren't kidding when you said this place was long.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Harold, Marsha, Therese and Lucius are the names of pregenerated PCs in RPGMaker MV, I think in that same order, so if there's a hierarchy among those moles it's probably with Harold at the top and Lucius at the bottom.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Kel, I understand wanting to poo poo on Sweetheart, but maybe don't use "you just got married yesterday" as an argument when you found a way to sell yourself into indentured servitude overnight.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The music so far has been pretty good but that one boss track is pure :discourse:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Chickens are also miniature dinosaurs which are *checks notes* "objectively the coolest animals EVER" so I can't really disagree.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

:gonk:

please make it stop

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Bloody Emissary posted:

This sounds like it's about the differences in the Sunny vs. OMORI references. The implication that OMORI (the also-evil, "cursed" current form) isn't even the worst part of Sunny, though... :ohdear:

This and whatever the Lie is makes me wonder just how much of what we've seen in the real world we can trust. Sunny already sees things that aren't there, so I'm increasingly concerned even the parts with the other characters might be under the influence of an unreliable narrator.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Arcvasti posted:

Are... Sunny and Mari wearing the exact same clothes?

This, all the imagery of dismembered bodies (which could represent Sunny's, metaphorically, not necessarily literally), the animal abuse (Sunny seems to have an... Odd relationship with cats) and The Lie seem to imply some potential Norman Bates poo poo I don't like at all.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I hate all of these horribly creepy theories. Keep em coming. I'm sure the truth will be simultaneously more relieving and horrifying at the same time.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

When we saw real Aubrey for the first time, I started to think how idealized Sunny's friends (and Mari, by consequence) were in headspace. The Sweetheart dungeon made me, in turn, think that Sunny might have some issues with women in general because of the 3 recurring female characters, one has an unrequited crush on him, the other is a supportive (but passive) divine angel and the third is... Sweetheart. I wasn't sure how that fit into the larger picture but I kept looking for it 'till the mention of The Lie. At that point I started questioning whether any of what we saw in the real world was actually reliable narration... And now here we are.

Glad that I was simultaneously making things more complicated they really were (and also that Sunny never hurt a cat irl) but I also made a semi-decent guess with the Norman Bates post earlier. :v:

GimmickMan fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Apr 29, 2021

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Thanks for showing off this gem of a game. I'm morbidly curious about the Hikkikomori route so I guess it's time to brace for depression.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

FeyerbrandX posted:

Is that a but thou must, or does not jumping just loop the game or something?

Waiting for something to happen?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The amount of art in this game is frankly insane, moreso considering how much of it went unused! Angry Space Ex-Husband is my favorite of the three.

Pssst. Your stage 2 happy Hero is a Kel portrait.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The combat system looks fun so I'm glad there's a boss rush section where old fights get their due against players with all the new toys.

Also, it's been said a bunch of times but hearing a bunch of the boss themes again makes me want to reiterate: The music in this game owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Thanks for sharing Omori with us so thoroughly. Just like I thought from the previews, there are parts of this game that I would adore to play for myself and parts of it that I would prefer to steer clear of. Maybe one day my interest in the former will overcome the apprehension for the latter, but until then I'm glad to have experienced so much of it this way.