Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Big thank you to Loden Taylor for the tag. I am of the opinion that gang tags should be for contests, particularly great threads or for fundraisers.

If you would like the tag please donate anything you can to a local foodbank, and post proof of the donation. I will donate on behalf of anyone who cant afford it who wants one just tell me where you want me to donate. Here's a donation to start things off. As little or as much as you are comfortable with is fine.

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Saving to post shortly

Edit:

Virginia Slams fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 23, 2021

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Can you stack it with my existing?
I JUST got this like yesterday and I have no idea how or from who or what it's for but don't want it to be wasted.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

This isn't a local food bank, but one I volunteered with once when I traveled to Atlanta, and was really impressed by their organization.

Edit: If possible, I would prefer the tag stacked with my existing one, if that is ok?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
sorry I'm not very stacked with paper right now, but I did what I could:

Frankie
Feb 22, 2006

If you can please remove the text below my avatar I'd be super grateful.

Frankie fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 23, 2021

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
I don't have a receipt from the Central Texas Food Bank itself but I hope this will be enough proof that I bought a bunch of stuff and filled a big box with it, then gave it away. I didn't do it specifically for this gang tag, but I did for the Biden-Harris inaugural Day of Service lead-up weekend to MLK Day, where some people living in suburbia like I do made their residences a dropoff spot.

Here's my receipt from HEB that I did keep. Hopefully this will be proof enough that nobody buys this much peanut butter, canned chili, tuna and cooking oil all at once, plus two damaged boxes of Comet rice and Think Kids cookies I found on the discount rack.

Here's the Amazon Basics box of tissues that inspired everything. I set out to fill this box, and I did. Thumbnailed.

I leave it up to the mods to decide if this is adequate.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Gleaners does great work throughout southeast Michigan and I'm more than glad to send them a donation, cheers

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Donated to the Surrey Food Bank in BC, as my dad does a charity event for them every year and was not able to this year due to covid. It should actually be happening this weekend, so great timing.

Can it be stacked with my bird crazies tag?

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

My job does work with the CFBNJ - they're aces. Thanks for doing this HugeGrossBurrito!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

https://twitter.com/2ndHarvestGNOA/status/1353019578788573185

beef sweat fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 23, 2021

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Whoooo!

skrapp mettle
Mar 17, 2007

:10bux:

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Hopefully it will last longer than the last gang tag I donated for

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Sob story alert - I'm currently getting £60 per week benefits (opposed to 99% of people getting £90, long story) so I'm way too poor to donate. However, I'm volunteering at my local food/clothing/furniture bank, here are some pictures of my hard work organising the stock by date, and bagging up.
Full disclosure, I do get food, but I'd loving starve without it, ugh.

Beans and biscuits galore (loads of pulses in the other room though.

UK shortbread mountain is now date ordered.

Some bags for the van man to deliver.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Hopefully it will last longer than the last gang tag I donated for

what was it I can add it for you

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

what was it I can add it for you

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927875

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927875&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post505724241

If it's not too much trouble--I did like being antifa, though

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

J.theYellow posted:

I don't have a receipt from the Central Texas Food Bank itself but I hope this will be enough proof that I bought a bunch of stuff and filled a big box with it, then gave it away. I didn't do it specifically for this gang tag, but I did for the Biden-Harris inaugural Day of Service lead-up weekend to MLK Day, where some people living in suburbia like I do made their residences a dropoff spot.

Here's my receipt from HEB that I did keep. Hopefully this will be proof enough that nobody buys this much peanut butter, canned chili, tuna and cooking oil all at once, plus two damaged boxes of Comet rice and Think Kids cookies I found on the discount rack.

Here's the Amazon Basics box of tissues that inspired everything. I set out to fill this box, and I did. Thumbnailed.

I leave it up to the mods to decide if this is adequate.

Perfectly fine!

Also if you have 3 gangtags and still want it I can make them scroll or if you just want yours to scroll that's fine!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Adolf Glitter posted:

Sob story alert - I'm currently getting £60 per week benefits (opposed to 99% of people getting £90, long story) so I'm way too poor to donate. However, I'm volunteering at my local food/clothing/furniture bank, here are some pictures of my hard work organising the stock by date, and bagging up.
Full disclosure, I do get food, but I'd loving starve without it, ugh.

Beans and biscuits galore (loads of pulses in the other room though.

UK shortbread mountain is now date ordered.

Some bags for the van man to deliver.

No problem at all that's why I offered, is there any organization you would want a donation to go towards? Could be anything not just a food bank.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I received my $600 stimulus check this week and donated it yesterday to Feeding America through my employer, who matches 100%.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I received my $600 stimulus check this week and donated it yesterday to Feeding America through my employer, who matches 100%.

This is loving awesome

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

holy poo poo

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

No problem at all that's why I offered, is there any organization you would want a donation to go towards? Could be anything not just a food bank.

Ace thanks. The guys I work with are a church based lot, so they are well covered with all that ill gotten gold and poo poo but these guys are great.
https://www.trusselltrust.org/

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

I put HugeGrossBurrito on the Donation Notes and it didn't show up :sad:
Milwaukee, WI

sarcastx fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jan 24, 2021

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Ultra
Dec 30, 2004

Oh no.
My donation to 2nd Harvest in Spokane, WA.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Haven't been able to volunteer since moving out to the boonies but the Greater Cleveland Food Bank does good work.

Stack it with my PI tag please :3:

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
To my local food bank.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
My local food bank who I raised some money for last year making masks, they can have a bit more.

TAZE MY GANGTAGS (please) (and can you stack the BLM one pls thanx kbye)

Rondette fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 23, 2021

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

Does it count if it was before the balls were tazed?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Canuckistan posted:

To my local food bank.

I'd love to know what they make of your 'in honour of' there.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Ah drat I donated to St Mary's but it was last year and I tossed the receipt.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Due to the way Dutch online mobile payments works I wasn't able to snag an actual receipt from my phone cause it doesn't like me taking screenshots in my bank app, but here's some evidence I donated to the my local foodbank for het Gooi en Omstreken Regio

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

Kicked in a little extra to cover fees so they would get my whole $25. Wish I could give more as the situation for the homeless in Sac is real bad.

Dear SeldomSeen,
>
> I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your donation of $26.06 towards our Dining Room program. This donation was recieved on 01/23/2021.
>
> Everyday, I see the toll homelessness has on our community. But, I also see the hope and prospects of a bright future that supporters like you bring. You are part of a special community here at Loaves & Fishes. Your commitment to helping the most vulnerable people in our city is a testament to the abundant good we can do when we all pull together.
>
>
> Thank you and God bless,
> Erika Prasad
> Development Director
> Sacramento Loaves & Fishes
>
>
> No goods or services were provided in exchange for this donation and your contribution is entirely tax-deductible as allowed by law. Sacramento Loaves & Fishes is a tax exempt nonprofit as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; EIN# 68-0189897.
>
>
>
> Your donation receipt to keep for your records:
>
> SeldomSeen
>
> Amount:26.06
>
> Donation Date:01/23/2021
>
> Gift Designation: Dining Room

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
ill start adding tags this evening when Im done deploying to the Warzone with the goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Present them

edit: you can get rid of the grimey drawer thingy (please)
edit 2: if someone's tallying how much we donated, this is AUD$20 so approx $15. Melbourne, VIC, Australia.

fappenmeister fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 24, 2021