Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

never being able to Blitz the boss in Final Fantasy III. i experimented a lot with that and never managed to get it right. that game also had a save on the Floating Island and I could not for the life of me beat Ultima Weapon, even though i understood other fundamentals of the game. running around like an idiot in A Link to the Past and not figuring out where to go and never progressing past the first dungeon. beating both games some years later as a young teen was incredibly epic. i spent hours on both and even though i sucked at them they're one of my favorites because of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Plutonis posted:

i had that problem on dragon quest monsters bc i didnt knew how to recruit + breed monsters so i kept getting pwned because my party was just a lovely slime

this is probably my biggest gaming fail. i understood that you had to breed to get stronger monsters, but i was too attached to them and just kept on grinding and had a really lovely team, still managed to progress a fair bit (i think). plus i think the system was just a bit too obscure for me to figure out. i had beaten pokemon at the time so i did somewhat know what i was doing, but this was too much. i remember having a dragon and a golem and they looked too drat cool to let go. i really wish they would rerelease this on switch.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

also i remember spending a lot of time in ff6 grinding up to a million gil because i was convinced that's when you could outbid the rich motherfucker for the chocobo lol. i was so mad when i still couldn't get it after hours of grinding money. as i said i sucked too hard to beat vargas by myself, but the cart had a save just before floating island and then on the island itself, so i messed around a lot in it.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Sadrith Mora and the whole Telvanni Mushroom Kingdom blew my mind when I encountered it first. Plus I love archipelagos. Aside from that, Ald'ruhn has really cool architecture, the ash storms and bleak landscape make for a really cool town. The whole of Vvardenfell just feels so different and unconventional. Finding new places and unexpected biomes was incredible.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Fungah! posted:

not my fail but related, i met a buddy of mine playing ffxi. i was screwin around outside bastok and i met some guy punching sheep in the hills buck naked. turns out he'd never played an mmo before didnt know how to make money or that he didnt have gear equipped. ive been friends with that dude for more than 15 years and he was at my wedding

videogames ftw