Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

For me final fantasy x and basically was way too underlevelled to get past Mi'Hen highroad the first time. Also happened my brother playing FFVII because he got nailed by the move when its tail shakes reversal thing. And then me an my other brother told our mother to demand he replace it with a new crash bandicoot

also most games i never completed until i was like 23 and got good at gaming. So many i played in my teens when i gamed way more and found super hard and then played in the last few years and they were fine. can't think of any now sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

apropos to nothing posted:

ff8 cause didnt understand the junctioning system. dark souls cause like so many others tried to go through the cemetery first and because everyone said it was so hard i was just like welp guess they werent lying. legend of dragoon would also go from easy to hard everytime you upgraded weapons cause you had to get the new timings down for it.

lol I did this after going through the bell gargoyles and feeling badass because you go down then! kamikaze runs to take out necromancers ftw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

not a video game I guess but I was never able to change my avatar on forums for years as a kid because I thought the user control panel always referred to the one on windows itself and couldn't figure it out

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It depends if you played the original FVII or when it was ported to PSP/3 etc.

quote:

This fight is famous for one phrase alone: "Attack while it's tail's up!" In the original game, it's a suggestion Cloud gives the player. However, it's actually a translation error. As many found out, attacking the Guard Scorpion while its tail is up results in it unleashing a pretty hefty counterattack called "Tail Laser."

so misreading should have saved you!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I belive FF8 didn't even come with a script when they were translating that one and they had to do it directly looking through game files

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

also let us not forget "this guy are sick"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Riku fight is hard imo. I never beat KH or KH2 the first time I played them because I could 't beat the four 4 hour multistage bosses that make you restart the whole thing again when you die.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I played MGS3 when I was like 15 on easy with the EZ gun and didn't get it at all, then had the greatest of all gaming experiences when I played the series in full a year or two ago before V. Didn't remember the bad camera from the OG but did remember having to hold like 5 buttons to fire a gun

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

there was a power rangers game on the genesis that my older brother insisted I should put in a bunch of cheat codes at the start menu to make it playable. typical stuff like < ^ > v abab etc. to unlock new moves and characters

I commited them to memory and did them religiously everytime I started the game, one day one of my brothers friends came over and we showed him the game. I started putting in one of the cheats and my brother goes "Oh I made those up retard. Just press start" and the game was unchanged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

Miyagi: lol thanks for waxing my car, retard.