Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The Walkers MAX/KFC novelty double crunch crisps (spicy variant) are perfectly decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Smythe posted:

dunno about best per se but the fritos twists are much more voluminous per bag. id wager u get 2-3x more chip content measured by weight and caloric density than say lays for example. dont sleep on these twists when looking for a more substantial snack on a budget & @ a run down bodega.

Yeah fritos always were way more filling than regular chips. Delicious too, especially the chilli flavor, and I say this as someone who doesn't usually like chilli flavored things.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Julias posted:

Yeah fritos always were way more filling than regular chips. Delicious too, especially the chilli flavor, and I say this as someone who doesn't usually like chilli flavored things.

Chili cheese Fritos are a gift from heaven.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
this is the good stuff.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Pringles are running a LTO down here with Szechuan Chicken flavour and gently caress is it something great. Tastes like they have actual Szechuan pepper in the dust.

We don't really have a lot of variety down here. Out of the stuff usually available I guess tomato Samboys or red rock deli lime and pepper?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My chip game is embarrassing. Cheddar Ruffles, Pizza Pringles, BBQ Lays (KC), chili cheese Fritos, Salsa Verde Doritos. Funyuns, Flamin' Hot Cheetos, this is all I know.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tell my why funyuns are never on sale like other chips

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
For your own safety.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
why dont they ever give away cocktail shrimp rings for free

some things just dont make sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pringles is doing a Halo tie in chip that's supposed to taste like a "Moa Burger." In this context Moa are a fictional animal from the planet Reach so apparently it tastes like a burger with cheese, pickles, lettuce, onions and a sauce.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

These are pretty dece. It's the takis flavoring, but on a chip instead of a razor sharp corn thing.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Tell my why funyuns are never on sale like other chips

camel cigarettes used to read on the side of the pack "don't look for premiums or coupons, the cost of our tobacco precludes them"

funyuns uses the premium msg which takes up all their margins

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
flamin' hot funyuns actually make my kidneys ache but I won't stop eating them

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I don't know how far outside central upstate NY this brand reaches, but Terrell's has recently had a chip flavor that is like Zapp's Voodoo. Just all the flavor dusts together. They call it "Syracuse style" but that's like, not a thing that actually exists. They just made voodoo flavor chips but can't call it that because this is NY not LA.

I'm eating some right now, and it's really close to Zapp's Voodoo but maybe a little more salt n' vinegar dust than other flavors. I like it.

also they are wavy not flat

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Utz Crab chips are my go-to but every once in a while I remember to order up some Whole Shabangs http://wholeshabang.com/shop-now/

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

The Voice of Labor posted:

camel cigarettes used to read on the side of the pack "don't look for premiums or coupons, the cost of our tobacco precludes them"

Thanks, I haven’t smoked in ten years and this made me want one.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I don't know how far outside central upstate NY this brand reaches, but Terrell's has recently had a chip flavor that is like Zapp's Voodoo. Just all the flavor dusts together. They call it "Syracuse style" but that's like, not a thing that actually exists. They just made voodoo flavor chips but can't call it that because this is NY not LA.

There used to be a California-based chip company that had "Earthquake" flavor that was also just a mix of the flavors. I think it was a little heavier on the bbq because it was sweeter than voodoo. I think that company went under because I haven't seen those chips in 11 years.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

piss boner posted:

Utz Crab chips are my go-to but every once in a while I remember to order up some Whole Shabangs http://wholeshabang.com/shop-now/

Oh man I didn't know I could order jail chips. It feels weird ordering commissary to my house, but I'm doing it.

Chances are good I'm going to crush 12 bags in a week. Salt and vinager bbq chips are pretty amazing.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Torquemada posted:

Thanks, I haven’t smoked in ten years and this made me want one.

getting extracontractually forced to work swing shift last summer got me to smoke my first cig in, like, 8 years. if you're gonna do it, I would suggest you pick up a pouch of american spirit roll your own and roll your own

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
i figured out why my regional voodoo chip was more vinegary

they didn't use more salt n' vinegar powder

the BBQ flavor is based on an upstate NY BBQ chain that uses North Carolina style BBQ sauce

less heavy on the sugar, heavier on the tomato and vinegar

in tandem with the other flavor dusts, it has a more tart flavor

kind of like halfway between Zapp's Voodoo and Canadian "all dressed" chips

it's good if you see it buy a bag and eat some

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

The Voice of Labor posted:

getting extracontractually forced to work swing shift last summer got me to smoke my first cig in, like, 8 years. if you're gonna do it, I would suggest you pick up a pouch of american spirit roll your own and roll your own

Just a passing fancy, thankfully.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

this right here is the dang ol' best tater chip in the whole wide world.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
this is one of those things like circus peanuts where I just have to assume there's a ton of people who buy and enjoy these things, despite never seeing another human being ever holding/purchasing a bag

These things have been around since the 60s with no interruption in production. There are many Muncho eaters among us

770e4133fe864efdb5a3d5860573ed6c

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Munchos are good.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Tato posted:

this is one of those things like circus peanuts where I just have to assume there's a ton of people who buy and enjoy these things, despite never seeing another human being ever holding/purchasing a bag

These things have been around since the 60s with no interruption in production. There are many Muncho eaters among us

are you concerned with my Muncho habit, "Tato?"

really, they're weird but I still want em about twice a year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chief McHeath posted:

Munchos are good.

Hell yeah Munchos.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Tato posted:

these puncture my palate and make it bleed, just like captain crunch

they are very salty and crunchy tho

a mixed bag if you will

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

PROTIP: Any type of casserole that calls for a Ritz Cracker crumble as a top layer garnish/finisher, can be substituted for with MUNCHOS and it's good!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

WITCHCRAFT posted:

these puncture my palate and make it bleed, just like captain crunch

they are very salty and crunchy tho

a mixed bag if you will

what will you do when the munchos munch you?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Muncho muncher. (I don't know why I fuckin did this)

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It's been disheartening to see all the bags of Munchos and Tom's Snacks steadily go from "$1 ONLY!" on the bag to "$2.99 ONLY!" to Santitas taking it off the bag entirely. Andy Capp still hangin' strong though

770e4133fe864efdb5a3d5860573ed6c

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Remember when most Frito Lay poo poo had the prices stamped on the bags even though the store they were in never stuck to that price?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Fartington Butts posted:

Muncho muncher. (I don't know why I fuckin did this)

:discourse: amazing

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Tato posted:

It's been disheartening to see all the bags of Munchos and Tom's Snacks steadily go from "$1 ONLY!" on the bag to "$2.99 ONLY!" to Santitas taking it off the bag entirely. Andy Capp still hangin' strong though

its because his arms are strong from regularly being used to beat his wife in domestic disputes =

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

andy capp is a cop?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

He's a durteh cappah

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Phone posting so no glorious pictures but Grippos

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Tato posted:

Munchos are actually a frito lay product, we stock them with basically all the 'non premium' products which is why theyre usually located around the hot fries and santitas stuff. Also prices on the 2.xx usually vanish for a few production runs when theyre about to go up on price, that way you dont have a chance of a store with two price points printed on the same product.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
chester's hot fries just bumped their price from $2 to $2.29
wtf do they need the extra 29 cents for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

BoosterDuck posted:

chester's hot fries just bumped their price from $2 to $2.29
wtf do they need the extra 29 cents for

Big Pappy Chester has debts to pay.