Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Professor Shark posted:

This thing was $100 back then iirc and my parents couldn't swing it that year

Holy poo poo that rules

I never got the Lego monorail sets and always wanted those real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Professor Shark posted:

I had this thing and loved it

man I loved the lego dragons :shobon:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

shadow puppet of a posted:

In the 80's there was a high tier of robots than the Omnibot Tomy line. You'd come across some odd reference to them as kids in print or on TV and I'd just assumed that in California it was normal to have an R2D2 grade robot running around the house, serving drinks. They are all listed here but none specifically ring a bell.

http://www.theoldrobots.com/personal.html

What a wonderful time it must have been to be a coked up business school grad with your coked up best friend engineering school grad to strike out an make your own robot company to break new ground in the "serve drinks" market staying up late nights, full of coke, trying to break through the "you still have to put the bottle and glass in the robots claws" celling of 80's home robots

Who wouldn't drink a refreshing Tab fresh from out of a compartment in this things rear end?

Far better home defense and personality than some worthless outdated dog.

holy poo poo

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

so I didn't have this but I absolutely had a slot car set that had those night glow rails

gently caress slot cars ruled I miss mine

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Man I always wanted a train set. :( I had some cars and some track, but I didn't have the thing to power or control it. The cars also seemed really collectable / valuable so I never really played with them.

I would've loved a traditional train set but drat that Transformers one would've been awesome.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Anil Dikshit posted:

My grandmother got one to add to the toy box in her house. I was 7, and holding it and went into the room she was talking to my parents in, to tell her how cool it was, and she snatched it out of my hands telling me I couldn’t play with it because I’d break it. 10 years later, I’m helping clean batshit out of their attic, and find it. She yanks it out of my hand again, telling me I’ll break it.

what the gently caress is that a Transformers Valkyrie :psyduck:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

MakaVillian posted:

I had Apone (who had a robotic arm for some reason) and one of the basic Xenos, but my daycare had this which I really wanted:

I had this and it loving ruled

Man the Alien toys were so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

smooth jazz posted:

a goddamn imported SDF-1

:allears: