Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I started playing it and I can't believe how much of a relief it is to not have a bunch of waifus and other perverse poo poo assaulting my mind. Is there any other JRPGs that are wholesome like that, and also that don't have the same combat style since I want something more chill.

Thanks
Lord Wormskull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Isn't Dark Cloud 2 kinda like this actually. Is it on the PSN Classics or whatever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Disclaimer. I’m not a SJW but sometimes you want to take a break from being titillated by poo poo designed to titillate 15 year olds and hosed up boomers. You know what I mean.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That's exactly what I was gonna suggest for you. DC2 is a masterpiece. DC1 is good too but it's a 2001 PS2 game so there's a LOT of rough edges in there. Like you have to keep finding sources of water in the dungeons or your Thirst Meter will run out and you will die. Not a joke, that's a real game mechanic.

Rogue Galaxy was made by the same people and was originally gonna be Dark Cloud 3 but it sort of lacks when compared to DC2. It's still a fine game to play, but the combat is a bit clunky.

Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yea I’m really not into the combat in NnK1... When I play JRPGs I just want to select menus and watch poo poo transpire. Not kite a lumbering boss in a circle collecting blue orbs to shoot fire at him until he does a AoE effect.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish 2 was on swinch.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FF12 is the right amount of chill and activity in a JRPG if you have to move around in a battle, for this gamer. Methinks 2012 shall be the year of the JRPG for me since I haven’t gotten really into one since high school.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Shibawanko posted:

in lufia 2 people do gently caress but theyre married

Do you have to put a stacked MILF Summon and a demure jailbait pet in your party that keep trying to give you and the player character a boner.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It’s an old story but I summoned Shiva one too many times in Final Fantasy 7 for the PC and my mom called me a sick pervert in so many words. And it scarred me for life.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

P-Mack posted:

I told this story before but when I picked up my FF7 preorder from Funcoland the clerk said "yo that game's awesome there's a part where a girl almost gets raped!” It was a long car ride home with my mom.

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually the girl was a guy who was dressed up in girls clothes to infi—*car tires screeching into a sharp u turn*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kongming posted:

No, you get this guy instead

Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’ll take a pic later but I live near a pizza place where their signature pizzas have like JRPG item style (baked with something [gutsy, smoky, etc]) in the prefacing the description.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fungah! posted:

yeah xenoblade 2 kicks rear end but its about the most japanese pervert game i cn think of other than like the neptunia games lol. worth a look when you dont mind big titty anime babes tho, it's really good

I have it but it’s one of the ones that comes to mind that I’m trying to avoid right now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Idk why I say JRPG style but I guess I think of it like you find some specialty shop that’s only in one place in the whole game like a Costa Del Sol style Story Pacing Changeup place. Or something like that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wild Arms 3 was I think the last JRPG I was really into. Other then when I streamed FFX.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’m bummed out by NNK because it’s the exact subject matter I want more or less but I hate the combat and walking around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lunatic’s rear end: Revenge