Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
use of it isnt damning, its just kinda sucky to say, so i don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

bird. posted:

counterpoint younger people have been raised with treating this word as a taboo and in many irl circumstances thats going 2 feel offensive to ppl for completely sane reasons making u the old fogey that cant change and ppl have to write off as a vulgar old grump stuck in another era

yeah theres definitely a generation gap here. i'm a Late 20s Something and everybody i know was taught it was just a word you don't say

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

A who's on first routine involving pirates discussing an ableist slur

lol

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

is it ableist to say "i got my brains hosed out of me and now insead of brains i have cum brains and am a cumtard"

sounds rough dude

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the real R-word? Respect

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Mantis42 posted:

how we feel about 'gendered' insults like "bitch", "pussy", "oval office" et al?

i think they're pretty neat

dunno what its like where you are but on the west coast of the us, at least, a dude saying 'oval office' is like the kinda thing that makes all the conversations in a room stop if overheard lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Mantis42 posted:

well yea but the west coast is full of pussies, furthermore

tbh like retard its a word that, me and everybody around me, since whenever kids figure out how to swear and get yelled at for it, were taught to just not say.

i think theyre both sucky to say but use isnt damning or some sort of mortal sin, i just dont use either. shrug