Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Took my stupid, disabled dog on a "walk" yesterday and because of the stupidity, he got himself stuck on a block of ice:

Don't worry, he got free:
https://i.imgur.com/UXxqqpS.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Hard drive cover, but overall good advice.

Masks make us recycle CO2, and FURTHERMORE!

(For the love of God please recognize the sarcasm, wear a mask, distance, etc...)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

No wonder he died, he had a stick in his ribs.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

My thumb, on Saturday, after being a big dumb dumb and cutting all the way through the nail with this:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Teach posted:

Loving the wildlife. Sorry about your thumb, DrBouvenstein - keep it clean and use antiseptic cream - you'll do OK.

Food and animals - that's what your phone's camera is for.

Ha, man, if I had money every time I did something stupid and injured myself. Especially my left hand, always getting in the way of my knives and scissors.

But agreed, food and animals are much better...here's Chester after having some teeth extracted yesterday:

He's been a little groggy since then, but it's for the best, now he can eat without pain. :)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

This electrical panel post with a face.
:geno:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Sleepy dog.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

A little Kei truck imported from Japan someone in my neighborhood has.

I love those little trucks and wish I had several thousand to import one myself...maybe I'll leave a note and see if he wants to sell...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Was playing disc golf and some golfer ahead of me left his jar of "fun," though it was empty except for that tiny bit of dust (keef? I think it's called?)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

The first food from my garden this year, held by my GF.

I need to try and plant more food-bearing perennials, a one and done approach is MUCH easier then replanting tomatoes and peppers every year.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Found this neat tree on a walk that decided its roots needed some fresh air:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

A poster in the bathroom of a bar I went to on Saturday:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I found some weird dogs.

Oh man, those antlers are at full fuzz, too. In a month or so those are going to be SO GROSS and bloody.

Antlers are such a weird thing...grow from nothing in the spring to that, covered in velvet and blood...then blood vessels close, the velvet starts to fall off, and they scrape the crap out of them on trees to remove it all. They hang out as just exposed bone for a couple more months...then they fall off and start the process all over again back in spring.

Edit for Content:
A little frog-dude I found sitting near some black raspberry bushes:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Lawson posted:

To bring it back to Boston, the fence thread may appreciate this.

Your chickens are laying weird-rear end eggs.

Speaking of weird-rear end, I go on walks around my office a lot and there's a lot of ghost pipe flowers in the woods around here:

Often mistaken for fungi, but they're flowers but produce no chlorophyll. They are in a weird relationship with nearby trees, who's energy they get via an intermediate fungus.

quote:

How does this plant survive without the green pigment chlorophyll? Chlorophyll is responsible for harnessing the sun’s energy to produce carbohydrates, a process known as photosynthesis. Ghost pipe saps nutrients and carbohydrates from tree roots through an intermediate source, myccorhizal fungi in the genera Russula and Lactarius.
https://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/plant-of-the-week/monotropa_uniflora.shtml

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Thrift store near me had a working Bingo machine, and damned if I wasn't tempted, but I have no idea what I'd use it for...or where to put it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

This Yield sign has a smaller Yield sign bolted to it:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

The other night at our Board Games Night, my friend was unknowingly dressed like a Smurf:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Ice palace time:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

If I get kidnapped following this sign, tell my story

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Jaxts posted:

Is the arrow telling you to turn down the hallway to the right, or is it telling you to open the door it's pointing to the handle of?

The latter.

There WAS beer, there, thankfully.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Processed tomatoes from the garden, got the light just right

Tis the season:

My cucumbers did horrendous this year...I might get enough for another pint, but all had to be slices, just too small and ugly looking for whole or even spears.

I think last year I managed at least 3 quarts and 6 or 7 pints of various types...slices, spears, wholes, and a mix of bread and butter, traditional dill, spicy dill, and sweet and spicy.

I love picking and got real disappointed with my crop this year. Didn't even bother to can them for real, they're just going to be fridge pickles.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

They're doing a school supplies drive at work. Fair enough, I guess, I think it'd be better to just find schools more , but what can you do?

Anyway, this is one of the donation bins where some soul decided to donate some stuff from their department supply cabinet they felt they didn't need anymore.

A used and empty tape dispenser? A file folder holder? Oh yeah, kids go crazy for those.

And what's this on the right?

drat. Kid who gets the automatic stapler gonna be a loving legend and make everyone else in their class jealous.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Went to the smash-em up derby last night:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Midly confusing photo from the hardware store:

Are kids huffing Shoe Goo now? Of all the glues and pastes, it was the only one behind the shelf.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

This is like 85% of the way to being a shot from a Wes Anderson movie.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

These two jerks made a nest in the gutter directly above my bedroom, right over the downspout.

So now not only are they very loud early in the morning, but it causes the gutter to overflow and not work properly when it rains. Stupid doves.

Maybe when their kid has left , I won't feel guilty moving the nest?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

My salad from the other day had both gross, wilted lettuce AND a little hitchhiker:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I made pastrami last weekend:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Are those trashcans and car still there after all the rain and flooding?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Saw this weird art when out to dinner last night:

Reminds me of the art in the original Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark books.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

One of the two of you is going to find a buried treasure.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Tiggum posted:

I just had to wonder how often people need to update that second listed detail.

Paging Natalia Grace

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Joker was in town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

mrfart posted:

She steals hearts for a living.

Dachshund's are so drat good at that.

Photo not technically from this week, but you get the idea.