Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Episode 1- The Iliad- Ugly in the Morning

https://soundcloud.com/user-743485379/goon-history-episode-1-the

Episode 2 Part 1 - Chesty Morgan- 1- Fleta Mcgurn
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-goon-history-podcast/id1550672132

Thank you so much to Ugly In The Morning for being our first historian and being so patient while I tried and failed to make animations for a potential video version. I still really want to add animation but I realized I wasn't enjoying it anymore, and want to get back to the part I did enjoy which was getting drunk and talking to Goons about history. Ugly is a family friend of Lance Reddick and it really means a lot that he was willing to do a little reading for us!

Fleta are you still down to do the second episode we can record any night you want preferably a weekend!

Also thank you to TeachesOfPeaches for doing so much with the audio and putting it all together with me. Now that this is just audio to start I hope we can make a lot more soon.

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Psyched this is complete! Definitely up for doing it again in the near future

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Lardcore History

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i'll make the wiki

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Is this a history of goonology and SA, or an effort to teach goons history and a podcast for history interested goons?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
more

more dammit

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Woah loving awesome 😎 good job goons!

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it

General Dog posted:

Lardcore History

lolol

But seriously awesome work, is there a chance you are going to be able to publish it to spotify/itunes/stitcher in future? I love history podcasts.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Episode 1- The Iliad

https://soundcloud.com/user-743485379/goon-history-episode-1-the

Thank you so much to Ugly In The Morning for being our first historian and being so patient while I tried and failed to make animations for a potential video version. I still really want to add animation but I realized I wasn't enjoying it anymore, and want to get back to the part I did enjoy which was getting drunk and talking to Goons about history. Ugly is a family friend of Lance Reddick and it really means a lot that he was willing to do a little reading for us!

Fleta are you still down to do the second episode we can record any night you want preferably a weekend!

Also thank you to TeachesOfPeaches for doing so much with the audio and putting it all together with me. Now that this is just audio to start I hope we can make a lot more soon.

Glad this still exists. Still loving down! I can do Saturday but keep in mind I'm in Spain, so evening for me is probably gonna be afternoonish for you.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Glad this still exists. Still loving down! I can do Saturday but keep in mind I'm in Spain, so evening for me is probably gonna be afternoonish for you.

Sounds great!

Also to the poster asking im going to try to add it to all the podcast apps

-edit we ended up staying up until like 4am after we got done recording at like 1AM so going to bed early sounds nice.

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jan 25, 2021

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Sounds great!

Also to the poster asking im going to try to add it to all the podcast apps

-edit we ended up staying up until like 4am after we got done recording at like 1AM so going to bed early sounds nice.

I have PMs or you can email fletamcgurn at gmail dot com if you need. I do have Discord...somewhere.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

General Dog posted:

Lardcore History

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

General Dog posted:

Lardcore History

of course you guys come up with the best name possible after i already named the drat thing lol

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Have you made a thread for this in RGD? Might be a good idea to get one going there.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Have you made a thread for this in RGD? Might be a good idea to get one going there.

drat I hadn't even thought about that

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

I didn't know I needed this podcast in my life until now

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I really like the idea of starting every episode with a direct or primary source quote, unfortunately it cant be Lance Reddick every time lol

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
This is nova.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

This poo poo is so loving funny. Holy gently caress I'm dying.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I really like the idea of starting every episode with a direct or primary source quote, unfortunately it cant be Lance Reddick every time lol

https://medium.com/syncedreview/clone-a-voice-in-five-seconds-with-this-ai-toolbox-f3f116b11281

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
This is awesome. Yes yes!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I feel dumb for struggling so long with the art when the fun part was the talking. He had a really tight 30 minutes of outline written so there wasnt room to add in snippets of us talking about other poo poo but there's probably an episode just from us talking between the 2nd and 3rd takes

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
is there an rss feed?

I was gifted a raspberry pi audio frankenstein by some friends and I can add podcasts to the rotation but it requires an RSS feed for the plugin.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I feel dumb for struggling so long with the art when the fun part was the talking. He had a really tight 30 minutes of outline written so there wasnt room to add in snippets of us talking about other poo poo but there's probably an episode just from us talking between the 2nd and 3rd takes

When there's a few episodes in the can it might be worth doing an "outtakes and tangents" episode from the cutting room floor snippets. Because yeah, shooting the poo poo between takes was really fun and had some cool stuff in there.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Cannon_Fodder posted:

is there an rss feed?

I was gifted a raspberry pi audio frankenstein by some friends and I can add podcasts to the rotation but it requires an RSS feed for the plugin.

im new to all this and will be working on getting a website made and on apple podcasts and spotify I guess. I dont know poo poo so this will be fun

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

im new to all this and will be working on getting a website made and on apple podcasts and spotify I guess. I dont know poo poo so this will be fun

Goonspeed. I'm down to give it a listen.

Some of the crap in this place is wild

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I'm SO loving BUMMED they closed that gyro stand.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I'm SO loving BUMMED they closed that gyro stand.

I think my favorite is when he chomps down on his own teeth super hard lol

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I think my favorite is when he chomps down on his own teeth super hard lol

Nothing worse than when you smack the back of your bottom front teeth!

E:well, maybe getting stabbed in the neck and dragged behind a chariot. That may be worse.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
setting up a website/rss/ everything for this is so goddamn annoying lol

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I've been here for a really long time if you ever want some hazily remembered forums anecdotes.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I think I got the RSS link to work, now gotta add it to apple and spotify and play i guess?

https://rss.com/podcasts/goonhistory/

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jose Oquendo posted:

I've been here for a really long time if you ever want some hazily remembered forums anecdotes.

This podcast is apparently goons talking about history, not talking about Goon History. :smith:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This podcast is apparently goons talking about history, not talking about Goon History. :smith:

There will be an actual goon history episode, im currently pestering jeffrey about doing it

edit submitted to apple for review

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 25, 2021

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
The goon history I remember most:

Remember when that guy made a thread, I think it was called like "Keyboard gunk", and it was a series of pictures of him showing how gross his keyboard was, and then him scraping off the keyboard gunk into a pile, and then him jizzing into the pile of keyboard gunk, and then him rubbing the jizzy keyboard gunk into his gums

I think it got immediately goldmined

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

This is real good

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

The Fattest PI posted:

The goon history I remember most:

Remember when that guy made a thread, I think it was called like "Keyboard gunk", and it was a series of pictures of him showing how gross his keyboard was, and then him scraping off the keyboard gunk into a pile, and then him jizzing into the pile of keyboard gunk, and then him rubbing the jizzy keyboard gunk into his gums

I think it got immediately goldmined

I feel like podcasting may not be a visual enough medium to really get that across.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Can I have a minute to yell about the confederate cause being a bunch of shits? With a British antifash band and so on.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Lance gives this a giant thumbs up btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I think I got the RSS link to work, now gotta add it to apple and spotify and play i guess?

https://rss.com/podcasts/goonhistory/

Works perfectly when I dropped it into Pocketcasts, thanks! I will listen to this in a few. Always glad to see short podcasts with a solid premise.