Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Episode 1- The Iliad

https://soundcloud.com/user-743485379/goon-history-episode-1-the

Thank you so much to Ugly In The Morning for being our first historian and being so patient while I tried and failed to make animations for a potential video version. I still really want to add animation but I realized I wasn't enjoying it anymore, and want to get back to the part I did enjoy which was getting drunk and talking to Goons about history. Ugly is a family friend of Lance Reddick and it really means a lot that he was willing to do a little reading for us!

Fleta are you still down to do the second episode we can record any night you want preferably a weekend!

Also thank you to TeachesOfPeaches for doing so much with the audio and putting it all together with me. Now that this is just audio to start I hope we can make a lot more soon.

Glad this still exists. Still loving down! I can do Saturday but keep in mind I'm in Spain, so evening for me is probably gonna be afternoonish for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Sounds great!

Also to the poster asking im going to try to add it to all the podcast apps

-edit we ended up staying up until like 4am after we got done recording at like 1AM so going to bed early sounds nice.

I have PMs or you can email fletamcgurn at gmail dot com if you need. I do have Discord...somewhere.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

This poo poo is so loving funny. Holy gently caress I'm dying.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I'm SO loving BUMMED they closed that gyro stand.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

The Fattest PI posted:

The goon history I remember most:

Remember when that guy made a thread, I think it was called like "Keyboard gunk", and it was a series of pictures of him showing how gross his keyboard was, and then him scraping off the keyboard gunk into a pile, and then him jizzing into the pile of keyboard gunk, and then him rubbing the jizzy keyboard gunk into his gums

I think it got immediately goldmined

I feel like podcasting may not be a visual enough medium to really get that across.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I'M SO NERVOUS

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Lol don’t be, HGB is a great host and shooting the poo poo before each take really helped ease in. Are you recording?

20 minutes. tryna build my swerve. The cat is yelling at me!!!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Good luck! Can’t wait to give it a listen! What’re you guys swerving on?

I'm just drinking beer by myself in my office. And totally not smoking marijuana oh my god what?! NEVER

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

it's legal and I have chronic pain, nobody call los cops

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

This is so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm bright red lol

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

MOST FUN EVER

SO DRUNK

MY HUSBAND SAYS I SHOULD PROBABLY SLEEP ON THE COUCH

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Some ideas that I had that I don't think either version of DH has covered (and probably not The Dollop but I can't vouch for all 650 episodes of that:)

The King's Great Matter (Henry VIII)
Empress Wu Zetian
Tokyo Rose
What happened to the Neanderthals?
Dame Sybil Hathaway and the island of Sark
Mary Anning and the Jurassic Coast
Piltdown Man and other archaeological hoaxes
Josephine Baker
Zelda Fitzgerald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Lazyfire posted:

In the same line, you could do a whole lot on where homo sapiens even came from and how we were related to some of the other hominid species we overlapped with and how we ended up winning out, so to speak.

I could absolutely do this, although I'm going to get so angry at people who don't believe in the OoAH.

I was thinking if I came back for subsequent episodes I would focus solely on female-identified people in history, so maybe Mary and Louis Leakey would be appropriate? But I can conclusively prove that Margaret Mead is an internet superstar of yesteryear, so I was hoping to do her next.

e: btw I just listened to the coherency cut of my episode!!!!!!