Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Khorne posted:

What is everyone's preferred approach for the first few logistics towers?
I’ve never bothered with the small ones at first. Usually my first priority is get two interplanetary ones built by any means necessary, and set up an import line of titanium and silicon (and maybe fire ice if it’s available) so I stop acting like an interplanetary bus. After that I usually set up to import … processors? (The chip looking things that need copper and silicon). After that I wing it. Usually toss a few small towers on my starting planet to shuffle oil rather than building huge lines of conveyor planet-wide, and sooner rather than later set up a green engine line on a remote planet and just import them ready-built.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
Update coming at the end of this month looks like it'll have the ability to have goods distribute between storage containers (and from storage containers into your inventory).

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1366540/view/3316360267006006096

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

That's a really good new feature. Excited to see what their combat module is going to look like.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Looks cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiTAVevNa8M

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Most important part of the video is where they explicitly say you can completely disable the combat mode so that's nice.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Yeah that looks great.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i can't wait to get 0 fps

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

I don’t know why I like this game’s Engrish so much

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

oh poo poo. I like the way the defense grid looks. drat, I hate stress in games like this but I'm gonna have to replay it when all this stuff is complete.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
That already looks sick as hell but they said the vfx are still in progress. I hope they dial up the lighting, throw in more lasers and/or running lights or something. The lighting in this game is so good.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Really I'm more exited about the zoop placement of buildings than anything else in that video.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
That looks beautiful as hell but my fps already hits single digits in endgame.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Jagged Jim posted:

Really I'm more exited about the zoop placement of buildings than anything else in that video.

That's already in the game though? It has been for a very long time, it was one of the first updates they ever did

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
gently caress my GPU, but I'm so down

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Was kind of skeptical about adding combat to the game but that looks pretty cool. The decision to have the swarm leave you alone for the starting sections is a good idea, it would be really annoying if you had to worry about your stuff being destroyed while you're still trying to get basic production lines set up. The main swarm floating out in space appears big enough that destroying it looks like a project on roughly the scale of building a dyson sphere, will be good to have another large end game goal besides just building spheres (especially since they're not even that great at generating power)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CPU is gonna cry, but it doesn’t come up often that you get to murder a robo-swarm :getin:

Will old saves be compatible? I’m starting a new game now so I can have a chance at having some metadata to use, just in case. My last save was apparently modded beyond the game’s preference/I left it alone for too long, it no longer generates any. Thankfully the blueprints are still usable :unsmith:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

That looks pretty neat, though seems the only player combat is defensive? Or maybe they just don't have flashy models for player created ships yet

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

This seems like the sort of game to center all the combat around player infrastructure rather than a mobile unit. They likely wont even attack the mecha.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Control Volume posted:

This seems like the sort of game to center all the combat around player infrastructure rather than a mobile unit. They likely wont even attack the mecha.

you see the robot shooting missiles and being blown up in the trailer

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

oh no, what if they give you a health bar and you can't slam into planets at maximum velocity any more :ohdear:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Sensible planetary re-entry? In MY Dyson Sphere Program? I don't think so!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

you see the robot shooting missiles and being blown up in the trailer

Gah!!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

SettingSun posted:

Sensible planetary re-entry? In MY Dyson Sphere Program? I don't think so!

Kerbal space program couldn’t force this on me, DSP stands no chance :twisted:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Clark Nova posted:

oh no, what if they give you a health bar and you can't slam into planets at maximum velocity any more :ohdear:

The Icarus already has a health stat.

They just don't care about lithobraking and probably find it funny and/or just something they'll keep for player ease of life.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Gadzuko posted:

That's already in the game though? It has been for a very long time, it was one of the first updates they ever did

goddammit :negative:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Icon Of Sin posted:

Kerbal space program couldn’t force this on me, DSP stands no chance :twisted:

how many innocent :jeb:s did you murder, Icon Of Sin (appropriate)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
That swarm? It's made of paperclips

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

this owns. game is so freaking good I admit I thought they were basically done with it already.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

They said early on they wanted to do combat like Factorio. And like Factorio they wanted it to be optional or peaceful only (a lot of people seem to be relieved every time they do an update and say "there will be an option to turn it off" despite them saying it nearly every time they mention the combat)

That being said, what they did is definitely cool.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
That looks much cooler and involved than I expected :eyepop:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Hard to beat the sense of scale that you get in the endgame. Almost have enough automation everywhere to get the science planet fully up and running, still need more of those organic diamond things for yellow cubes and gravity lenses for green ones. There were no achievements when I first played the game, feels like an overwhelming amount have been added since then. Probably going to start a new save once the combat is released some time next year, I think I'm already locked out of two achievements in this save file because I disassembled the drop pod in the start and my system generated without a red giant.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is there a replacement for the MinerInfo mod, it's a simple mod that tells you the extraction rate for all your mines on a particular vein grouping. IDK if I'm searching the wrong terms or it's a part of a different mod or if it's even added into the game and I'm too stupid to find the setting

FreeMars
Mar 22, 2011
How do I make titanium alloy? I need it for an interstellar logistics station, but I can't make it since I don't have the materials all on one planet

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

FreeMars posted:

How do I make titanium alloy? I need it for an interstellar logistics station, but I can't make it since I don't have the materials all on one planet

Make sulfuric acid the hard way, at first. Think it’s stone, water, oil? In a chemical plant. As soon as you can warp to a planet with that sulfuric acid ocean, that will replace the factories…but you have to start the hard way.

It’s just normal steel and titanium ingots that you’ll need beyond the acid, in a smelter.

e: expect to make the trip a few times between planets a few times to get the materials together, you’ll need the Ti alloy to make logistics vessels.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

FreeMars posted:

You have to manually fly the mech to a planet with titanium and then fly the ore back to make enough to start interstellar logistics going. It only takes one or two trips if you empty out your inventory aside from what you need to start mining.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
A new (non-combat related) patch dropped with the personal logistics stuff amongst other nice changes!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1366540/view/3288214038337615948

quote:

[Version 0.9.27.14546]

Features:

A new distribution logistics system has been added. Its function is to distribute items between Storage ↔ Icarus / Storage ↔ Storage.
Added new items: [Logistics Distributor] and [Logistics Bot]. Technology and recipe have been implemented.
New optional function: Transport unit replenishment. It is shown in the panel of Logistics Stations and Logistics Distributors. When turned on, the corresponding item in Icarus' inventory will be automatically placed to the slot when performing the following three actions: opening the panel, copying and pasting building settings, and applying a Blueprint included this option. In Sandbox Mode, the number of the item will always be locked to the maximum.
Added new technology [Mesoscopic Quantum Entanglement] and new advanced chemical facility [Quantum Chemical Plant] - Faster than the primary one!
(Please know that the [Quantum Chemical Plant]'s model is not yet implemented. It is currently, temporarily shown as a chemical plant model with a different color scheme.)

Changes:

Optimized the computational consumption of working Logistics vessel (approx. 40% reduction in CPU time).
Optimized the computational consumption of Small Carrier Rockets in space and reduced the number of model vertices (approx. 50%/30% reduction in CPU/GPU time).
You can now set in the Dyson Sphere Editor to not rendering the model of Small Carrier Rocket. If you do so, the GPU consumption of Small Carrier Rockets can be reduced by 80%! Well, the only disadvantage is the rocket itself will disappear, only its tail flame remains - a helpful option when you have 10k+ rockets flying, and keep a spectacular space view as well!
Optimized the computational consumption for running manufacturing construction. Such as Assembling Machine, Smelter, and Chemical Plant (approx. 25% less CPU time).
Coordinate input is now supported when creating nodes in the Dyson Sphere Editor. No longer normalize the coordinates (on the panel) to the orbital sphere.
Added some UI sounds that should have been there.
Added exit button to the top right corner of the item selection, recipe selection and icon selection panels.

Balance:

The number of item columns in the Planetary Logistics Station: 3 → 4
Logistics Drone movement speed in the Logistic Station lane will increase with the upgrade.

BugFix:

Fixed the bug that after the engine level of Logistics Vessel was upgraded to level 200 and higher, it could not dock at the Orbital Collector on Gas Giant due to its excessive speed.
Fixed the bug that the prompt text of "cargo filter" in the Traffic Monitor was displayed incorrectly.
Fixed the bug that opening the stats panel in space may trigger an error prompt.
Fixed the bug that the translucent background UI of Dyson Sphere Editor may be opaque.
Fixed the bug that the latitude and longitude of node coordinates input in the Dyson Sphere Editor may not displayed correctly.
Fixed the bug that in Sandbox Mode, after fast travel from planet A to planet B, the construction sound FX of planet A may still be played.
Fixed a bug that in Sandbox Mode, if Icarus fast travel to space while mining, he may still mining (animation).
Fixed a bug that in Sandbox Mode, when fast travel to a planet in the Star Map, it may directly attached to the surface of the planet.
Fixed the bug that in Sandbox Mode, when fast travel to a planet in the Star Map, the planet did not load in some cases.
Fixed the bug that the mineral UI may report errors in multi-threaded mode.
Fixed the bug that it may report error when the number of power grids on a single planet reaches 512.
Fixed the bug that in extremely difficult mode, 1) the actual consumption of Crude Oil Seep did not change with upgrades when the mineral utilization level was lower than 22; 2) Crude Oil Seep lower than level 22's actual consumption was less than original design. Some settings had to be modified, they are:
In Minimal Resource Mode, the initial production of Crude Oil Seep is reduced to 50% of other multipliers (in the past, the initial production of the same Crude Oil Seep is the same in all multipliers) (it will only take effect in New Game); the initial half-life period is 5 hours, which 1.1 times the consumption rate of 0.5x resource multipliers (effective directly after the update)

FreeMars
Mar 22, 2011
Figured it out. Didn't realize I could drop stuff onto belts to feed into a smelter. Live and learn!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

If I need to clear a planet of a horrific spaghetti monster, seems like the combat/attacking drone swarm could be a handy mass-delete button :twisted:

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Do multiple dyson spheres on the same sun increase the power generated at a ray receiver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Less Fat Luke posted:

A new (non-combat related) patch dropped with the personal logistics stuff amongst other nice changes!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1366540/view/3288214038337615948

gasp! Personal Logistics

how far in the tree is that, as soon as you unlock logistics in general I hope?