Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I'm missing something I think. It's possible to place stacks from your inventory into a logistics station, but how do you take stock out of one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Let me ask a noob question.

By the time you get warpers, most of the tech tree is explored. What’s the point of other star systems? Is it just because you don’t have enough resources left in your home system by that point to fab enough widgets to assemble a sphere?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Question about logistics stations and warpers.

System A wants rare elements. System B has Planet 1, with the materials to build warpers on it, and Planets 2 through 4 with rare elements. What I'd like to do is set up production of warpers on B1, put logistics stations on 2 through 4 to send their rares to a logistics station on B1, and then send the rares from B1 to A using the warpers produced on B1.

It doesn't seem like there's a way to do this, since I can't set the station on B1 to both demand resources from B2-B4, and to supply A. So it looks like I need to devote a slot to each logistics station in B to distribute warpers in that system, and then have each station's supply ships sending directly to A. Is that right or am I missing something?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Clark Nova posted:

It’s also funny how you can transport unlimited amounts of ~soil pile~ between solar systems in your robot’s rear end

Where else would you expect a robot to have piles?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Wish I could take refined oil and just dump it into the ocean. I’m turning the entire planet into orbiting mass anyway, who gives a poo poo.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

So I just finished this. Random thoughts:

1. It's odd that you don't actually need to build a sphere at all to "win" the game. The power a sphere can provide can speed it up, but honestly if you have a tidal-locked planet with a good solar multiplier, you can just build a shitload of solar panels and tech to the end that way.

2. The win condition sure is anticlimactic. You research the last tech, and there's a pop-up, and that's it.

3. As of now there's not much replayability. It'd be nice to see a more diverse tree, with fewer bottlenecks and more ways to get to the same end. The rare resources help in that regard but there's too few of them, and some of them aren't worth going after much at all. Unipolar magnets in particular seem like a long way to go for hardly any payoff.

Anyway, it was enjoyable, hopefully the devs can add some depth.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Literally Kermit posted:

A Dyson swarm is just an inefficient, temporary version of a proper, finished Dyson sphere, and you need to have at least a swarm for your ray receivers, to make the photons you need to make the white cubes and "win" the game

Do you really?

My receivers that I'd set to produce photons were at one point requesting considerably more power from my swarm than the swarm could provide, but with solar panels I was still net-positive. If my swarm were producing zero power, then would they have turned off?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

SkyeAuroline posted:

So I've heard. Haven't lucked out enough to find one yet.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Is there a mod to remove the dumb blueprint limit they put in?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

I'd like differently-sized planets.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Plastic is fuckin' bullshit.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

There needs to be a level 5 Universe Exploration tech that lets you see exact mineral counts and search for stuff like 'tidal locked.'

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Is there a mod that does something like let me add notes to planets or stars in the map?

While I'm at it, is there a mod that does something like just flat-out demolish everything on a planet with one click?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Thanks.

Another quick one: Will logistics bots feed towers? Like, can I use them to keep a tower supplied with warpers without taking up either an inventory slot or a belt input?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

I've got a planet orbiting a gas giant. I've got orbital collectors on the giant and they're full of hydrogen. I've got a fractionator setup on the planet with an ILS set for remote demand of hydrogen and remote supply of deuterium.

It keeps taking hydrogen deliveries from other systems, leaving the nearby collectors full of hydrogen and stopping production at the fractionation while those vessels warp in. Why isn't it just prioritizing the nearby collectors for its input?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

But if I limit radius or don't supply warpers, then it won't deliver deuterium to anywhere either, right?

Yeah, guess I'll need to have a separate tower solely to bring in the hydrogen. Dumb.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

What version of BepInEx are you all running? Different repositories look to have different 'most recent' versions and the drone clearing mod and a few others have stopped working for me.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Teledahn posted:

Did you ever resolve this?

Nope.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Teledahn posted:

Suggests that the Icarus drone system code has been refactored in the Dark Fog update and it may or may not be considerable work to update the mod for compatibility.

Well, I guess that's that then. Thanks for the heads up.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

zoux posted:

Is that the specific mod you were after? I do have an updated fast drones mod that works so apparently it isn't an insurmountable problem

Yeah, it had a button you clicked to On and your drones would automatically start harvesting any trees and such in the area.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

They really need to go back and make railguns and launchers things you can just run a belt directly through.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

You know, a good QoL tool would be the ability to just move a building without demolishing and rebuilding it. Like, let me click on a turret or an ILS to just drag it to another location with everything inside it and all its settings intact. Is there a mod that lets you do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Advanced Mining platforms really need a slot for drones.