Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
Peekaboo!

My logistics production network now spanning half of the starter planet.

Just finished off my last yellow research, time to start expanding the incoming resources to get purple production up and running! Game is awesome, sitting around 42 hours played so far!

Alkydere posted:

I realize there's a lot to do and we're all struggling to get off of our starter planet/system but I feel we should post pictures of worlds OTHER than the starter/terrestrial world:

The other two planets in my starter system are garbage tier, a rocky world that looks like mars with nothing but titanium and iron/copper, then an ice world that is so far out from the star that it only gets about 25% solar energy - nothing but minerals there but luckily it has silicon so I could stop using stone to make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Deadmeat5150 posted:

This is a really really good looking factory.

Thank you! I really wish blueprints were part of the game already, this is basically how I played Factorio - nice little dedicated production areas with logistics bots for production of specific items, all in a nice little row. Doing all this by hand took the better part of yesterday and today.

Currently plopping down oil processing nodes all across the planet gearing up for purple science and Dyson sphere components.

Rows for daaaaayyyss.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Krataar posted:

This thread is making me realize I've over built factorio style. Somehow the day disappeared

Pretty much exactly what I'm doing.

Science!

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
Fusion power! I really should have started fractionating earlier. Two oil seeps > 8 refineries > hydrogen into 18 fractionators > deuterium fuel rods into 20 mini fusion reactors. I think this setup can likely support 30 reactors but I just set them up so we will see once I have a surplus of fuel rods built up.

Sunrise at the factory.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Boogalo posted:

Embrace the spaghetti. This is way too complicated but it took 2 hours and it works. Oil comes out the back.

Verticality in this is much more fun/interesting than satisfactory.

I'm finding laziness and speed of setting up things like this to be more appealing than making it pretty, after 60 hours into the game. This took me about 10 minutes to toss together:

It's time for me to start harvesting the gas giant I'm orbiting since I have a dire need for deuterium for green science and warpers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
Built 10 orbit collectors around my gas giant, the logistics vessels are picking up the hydrogen but not the deuterium, which is really why I set them up. I have a dedicated interstellar logistics station set to just deuterium local supply/remote demand and a dedicated hydrogen interstellar logistics station set to the same, which is working. The orbit collectors are all set to local storage/remote supply and hydrogen gets picked up just fine. Any idea what gives? I also have a planetary logistics station demanding deuterium but the logistics vessels just won't pick it up.

Orbit collector:

Hydrogen logistics station:

Deuterium logistics station:

They all have power, vessels and drones. No idea why the deuterium isn't coming in.

Edit: I think it may be because there has to be enough available to fill a logistics vessel, will see in about 10 minutes.

Edit2: yep that was it, just needed to wait.

Shartweek fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 27, 2021