Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Hahaha my 17/5 came on for ten minutes in what's his first non start... and boosted himself from +7 to +8.

Maybe I should keep playing him and push for the ten!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
After both getting shamed out of Nagele B, I'm looking forward to this Devils/Dadbod double-header after Walamor and I have straight murdered our way through the rest of Taupe B.

Edit: Would have helped if I'd actually set tactics after this post like I thought I had.

Destrado fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 25, 2021

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
RNB is the contest of the best versus the rest

I'm part of the rest :(. Relegation might be good because my youth core is still in the low 20s, so I could come back with a storm with my core in their prime

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Dragongem posted:

RNB is the contest of the best versus the rest

Funny you should say that, here are the top 20 strongest teams right now:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Heh, I didn't realize it was that close. Mostly commenting on the bottom 3 having 3+ losses and the top 3 being unbeaten

To be fair, all 3 of my losses were super close from a chance perspective, something about team just not finishing and having a lousy goalie situation. Finding a real solid goalie that's not a rental is insanely pricey, maybe by next season I'll have enough to fill that spot. I also could still realistically win, but that loss against SoG at home was not good.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.

Dragongem posted:

I'm part of the rest :(. Relegation might be good because my youth core is still in the low 20s, so I could come back with a storm with my core in their prime
You'll have to beat me to the bottom for that relegation spot!

I'm well on my way to the first ever (I think?) Serie Goon to Mr. Taupe in 2 seasons :rip:

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Wow RNB really is an insane league.

My 17/5 has just hit DV9 too. I guess I need to just rest him for the next 5 games?

My defence utterly fell apart after my keeper was injured last match. I was lucky to get through with the win in the end. 3-0 up to 3-2.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Hi guys,

My life has gotten complicated and I haven't been logging in these past couple of weeks to approve things. Can someone please volunteer as a league helper while I sort this out?

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Sure I'll do it, hope you're alright man.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

bees everywhere posted:

Funny you should say that, here are the top 20 strongest teams right now:

Holy moly, Nerds of Prey's season to date is even more impressive based off that list.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

The tiered system should settle things pretty well in another season or two overall though, looks like we got good strength distribution pretty fast. Maybe once its settled we move to a more vertical spread instead of the ladder approach?

I'm starting to enter "horde cash" mode while I wait to see whether I'm going to promote or stay in RNA. Going up to SG? Pick up a veteran or two. Staying put? Pick up a youth or just keep hording.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
I'm still in the 'training kids' phase so I'm constantly low on cash after trying to make sure I have enough vets to keep my age up. Hopefully one or two more season will settle me quite a bit.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

shoplifter posted:

I'm still in the 'training kids' phase so I'm constantly low on cash after trying to make sure I have enough vets to keep my age up. Hopefully one or two more season will settle me quite a bit.

I really only even consider training 5-6 players on the squad if they are below 15 form with a downward trend, so I'm mostly cash positive at this point even with sizeable away game bonuses set.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The thing that annoys me most with X11 is how success helps you snowball: good results keep your form high, so you need less training, good finishing positions give you more cash, good player stats give you more cash. A team finishing top of a division can easily be +2m compared to a bottom half side, which makes it a lot easier to strengthen the squad over the seasons.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Vando posted:

The thing that annoys me most with X11 is how success helps you snowball: good results keep your form high, so you need less training, good finishing positions give you more cash, good player stats give you more cash. A team finishing top of a division can easily be +2m compared to a bottom half side, which makes it a lot easier to strengthen the squad over the seasons.

For me it's the loving 1980s web design that's completely horrible on a mobile.

Also idk really how I ended up in the first spot of RNB but you can be sure that this won't last since I'm starting a new job next week and that probably will take up a lot of my attention.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Yeah it's a bit unbalanced but even with zero cash on hand you can kick off a youth team over a season with the weekly money and have the potential to get strong in the longer term, so there is always hope!

I've been neglecting the game a little (missed setting my team twice on Sunday this season, that game seems to get me more than the Thursday one) but the yoots are still going up so hopefully in a season or two I'll be able to challenge.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Flayer posted:

Yeah it's a bit unbalanced but even with zero cash on hand you can kick off a youth team over a season with the weekly money and have the potential to get strong in the longer term, so there is always hope!

The problem is you will get strongER, but as strength is relative everyone else will be getting stronger as well, so you can't really progress unless people get bored/decide to reset.

The only real way out of the hole is to hope to pull an insane youth prospect you can sell for a ton of cash.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Vando posted:

The problem is you will get strongER, but as strength is relative everyone else will be getting stronger as well, so you can't really progress unless people get bored/decide to reset.

The only real way out of the hole is to hope to pull an insane youth prospect you can sell for a ton of cash.
In some ways but it seems to me that it's pretty tough to train players above ~15 skill so once you reach that level you should be on a fairly even keel regardless of when other teams started developing. I've never actually managed to stick with a team for enough seasons to get my squad to that level though but to get over 15 skill it seems like you either need a lot of luck or some super kids (bought or otherwise). The money you win isn't enough to cover buying a squad of 17/7s or whatever so it seems to me that most teams will eventually top out naturally at a nominally reachable level for 17/4, 18/5, 19/6 youth player squads.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
The one good thing is that my team's form is generally pretty solid this season despite having significantly worse results, which is the flipside than last season.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Speaking of getting relegated, my internet picked a great time to die so I threw together last minute quick tactics and paid for it. Given how things have gone for me I have no idea if I'll pull out, but I'm doubting it.

Though to be fair this season is basically "I should have just bought a 30/12 GK" instead of trying to get my youth GK up (and my veteran GK has had garbage form all season, rip)

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 1, 2021

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dragongem posted:

Speaking of getting relegated, my internet picked a great time to die so I threw together last minute quick tactics and paid for it. Given how things have gone for me I have no idea if I'll pull out, but I'm doubting it.

Though to be fair this season is basically "I should have just bought a 30/12 GK" instead of trying to get my youth GK up (and my veteran GK has had garbage form all season, rip)

Meanwhile I am having a winning season, my form has been amazing -- and somehow a bunch of my players are just stuck at 3/4 DV.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?

Nephzinho posted:

Meanwhile I am having a winning season, my form has been amazing -- and somehow a bunch of my players are just stuck at 3/4 DV.

Yes! I have no idea how DV works and why some of my young players aren't getting it despite plenty of playtime and good form.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Gooses and Geeses posted:

Yes! I have no idea how DV works and why some of my young players aren't getting it despite plenty of playtime and good form.

Main drivers are how old/good the player's teammates are, also some of how good your opponents are. Young player learn from old, and the threshold for penalties is an average team age of 26.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Nephzinho posted:

Main drivers are how old/good the player's teammates are, also some of how good your opponents are. Young player learn from old, and the threshold for penalties is an average team age of 26.
That age thing is really important. Last season I thought gently caress the results I'm just going to play an entire youth team every match and had an average age of 21/22 and my % boosts were just lower all round despite players getting 100% playtime. This season keeping the average age 24/25 seems better even with players getting a bit less time on the pitch. Average form being above or below 15 seems to make a disproportionately large difference as well.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Relegation in RNA seems pretty settled, but today's Cancel Culture v Bearpope match could either put Bearpope in a position to seal their promotion or turn it into a wide open 3 team battle that will come down to multiple results on the last game of the season.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Hopefully next season my team of fuckboys will actually be advanced enough to keep up a challenge

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
I still feel like my kids need another season in the oven so I'm not going to be upset if Bearpope takes it today.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Ugh second game in a row a last second goal screws up my result. Really wanted to win that, but I guess my team's back in the "choking in stoppage time" nonsense.

ABCDE FC has Tenbux and Sheds (who may just be able to play all kids) for the last two so even if I win both my next games I think he may win his both too, so, uh, getting a little tight over here.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 5, 2021

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

If more people could play the xpert pools that would be great

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
No one has played it for ages as far as I can see. There's nothing in the pot every week so there is no incentive to go first and then get gazumped by a second player.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Flayer posted:

No one has played it for ages as far as I can see. There's nothing in the pot every week so there is no incentive to go first and then get gazumped by a second player.

I just put in so cmon put in you scallywags

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Time to spend a few days getting itno the mind of Bearpope. A win in either direction is promotion for the winning team, while a draw gets us to a weird last day competition.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Old Man and the FC knocked me down, but Unicorn Power picked me up again. Well done against Bromo :discourse:
(Now hopefully you don't do the same to me on Sunday.)

also: Lil GuendoUzi Verts might actually beat both of us and take the title for himself

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

Elendil004 posted:

If more people could play the xpert pools that would be great

I can't remember, is there an option to lower the buy-in? I never have the spare change.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Destrado posted:

I can't remember, is there an option to lower the buy-in? I never have the spare change.

Stop buying candles

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Elendil004 posted:

Stop buying candles

NEVER

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

My training season has gone pretty well if I do say so myself.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Question 1 for mindmelding: does a bearpope poo poo in the woods?

Was worried at the halfway mark, but the last few games have been good for DV with only one youth under 5.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Aug 6, 2021

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Yeah my DV has not been going well this season at all, I think I'll finally have to sell 1 or 2 players because I'm constantly broke and have had to be selective on form training. I still have 3 youth players on +1 or +2 DV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Dragongem posted:

Ugh second game in a row a last second goal screws up my result. Really wanted to win that, but I guess my team's back in the "choking in stoppage time" nonsense.

ABCDE FC has Tenbux and Sheds (who may just be able to play all kids) for the last two so even if I win both my next games I think he may win his both too, so, uh, getting a little tight over here.

The good news is that I plan to win both of my remaining games. Want to keep in the winning habit and take some momentum into next season. At a very minimum I want to finish the season unbeaten.