Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

bees everywhere posted:

Old Man and the FC knocked me down, but Unicorn Power picked me up again. Well done against Bromo :discourse:
(Now hopefully you don't do the same to me on Sunday.)

also: Lil GuendoUzi Verts might actually beat both of us and take the title for himself

That round really broke the whole thing open. I think the top 4 will remain much the same but it'll make for a far more interesting last two rounds than I initially thought.

Does anyone know what an X across the form of a player means? I've got an old bloke who is super duper depth (i.e in a perfect world will never play and will get sacked at the end of the year) and it's not something I've seen before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
X means 0 form. I read somewhere that every 4 blocks of form corresponds to 1 skill level and a player at 10 form will play at their base skill level. A player with an X will therefor be performing from a base of 2.5 skill less than their stars show.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Flayer posted:

X means 0 form. I read somewhere that every 4 blocks of form corresponds to 1 skill level and a player at 10 form will play at their base skill level. A player with an X will therefor be performing from a base of 2.5 skill less than their stars show.

Weird I always assumed form was a multiplier and not a flat bonus. Guess its why it matters more for younger players I guess.

e; My tactics for this match are either going to go really well or really badly, seeing as its functionally a must win for me to promote.

e2; The refs may have gifted RNA to FC Bearpope (along with a great GK performance), but the team is certainly looking up.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 8, 2021

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
ok uh I was extremely confident that I was going to win this game and instead JiveTurkey apparently knew everything that I was going to do despite me attempting to stop always being in the habit of throwing 5 midfielders at every game, which sealed my relegation fate.

Season's been a bit of a dissapointment. DV's "fine", but my forwards are not great (my 22/8 is at 0 and my 21/8 is at +4), and my 19/8 is stuck at only +2. Everyone else is going well enough though. Guess it's time to get my youth core into their prime in Mr. Taupe then come back with vengance!

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 8, 2021

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma

Dragongem posted:

ok uh I was extremely confident that I was going to win this game and instead JiveTurkey apparently knew everything that I was going to do despite me attempting to stop always being in the habit of throwing 5 midfielders at every game, which sealed my relegation fate.

Season's been a bit of a dissapointment. DV's "fine", but my forwards are not great (my 22/8 is at 0 and my 21/8 is at +4), and my 19/8 is stuck at only +2. Everyone else is going well enough though. Guess it's time to get my youth core into their prime in Mr. Taupe then come back with vengance!

"We won't apologize for our perfect tactical management".

Seriously though, with low form along most of my squad and playing away had to make some guesses, you still guessed my formation.

Congrats to Sheds for clinching top spot, although it would have been more fun to come down to the last fixture.

What do you say, careful aggression youth development fest for the final game FC Jagermeister?

Jive Turkey fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 8, 2021

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
After a great first season then two mediocre at best seasons, I'm absolutely chuffed at getting the Sheds up to Serie Goon this time!

I was absolutely carried by Winde though. 17 goals and 3 assists in 9 games is pretty insane. Even with my leaky defence he's basically won me every game on his own. He's on 8 DV too, so should be even better next year! He's been in the league's X11 8 out of his 9 games and top player in 6.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Seems like everything has been decided with 1 game left to go apart from the winner of Serie Goon.

Train your kids on Tuesday!

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Flayer posted:

apart from the winner of Serie Goon.

Yup, it all comes down to Lil GuendoUzi Verts. If I win or draw then I'm the champ, if I lose then Shadowlz gets it automatically by goal differential.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

bees everywhere posted:

Yup, it all comes down to Lil GuendoUzi Verts. If I win or draw then I'm the champ, if I lose then Shadowlz gets it automatically by goal differential.

"5-4-1, very defensive, 1m bonus".

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Hi guys,

I've passed the league admin to Bees Everywhere as my life is still very topsy turvy between my job, university course and a toddler with health problems. I'll be back! But feel free to kick the poo poo out of my team in the interim :)

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
So Bees gains control of the league just days before a critical match to decide the championship?!?! This is exactly the kind of skulduggery and conniving back room dealing I signed up for.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Flayer posted:

So Bees gains control of the league just days before a critical match to decide the championship?!?! This is exactly the kind of skulduggery and conniving back room dealing I signed up for.

"I am not Bees Everywhere, I assure you" --Sepp Blatter

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
As long as we don't have another league restructure before next season, once again undoing Sheds promotion! 🤣

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Yeah, I think I'd prefer to keep the current format, only problem is we've lost 1 manager and have 3 inactives (4 if you include Rapner). I'll start a new thread this weekend and maybe we'll bring some more goons in, ideally we'd be back to 30 active teams.

There's a nice feature for league admins that I think I should use on the new teams:

This obviously is to keep things somewhat fair since after the 1st season, every new team that joins a league is at a disadvantage (since they've had X fewer season(s) to accumulate money and develop players). So I think it would fair to boost our newcomers as well as to offer people a "do-over" if they feel like they've really screwed up while learning the game. (Caveat - Your new team is still going to suck horribly, but you should end up with at least 1 or 2 players worth a few million econ that you could either sell off or build a team around.)

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
Any chance of a cup competition alongside the league?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Gooses and Geeses posted:

Any chance of a cup competition alongside the league?

Cups seriously screw with DV and massively boost the teams that progress in it, who are usually already strong.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Plus having a cup would mean only 1 league game a week, which would seriously slow down the league.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I think you can do 3 matches per week (2 girls league 1 cup). But form training gets chaotic. You can also do multiple cup tournaments per season, but it still disproportionately favors the stronger teams' DV.

Let's see if this 1 million win bonus works out for me...

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?

Nephzinho posted:

Cups seriously screw with DV and massively boost the teams that progress in it, who are usually already strong.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Gooses and Geeses posted:

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

If we had like 6 leagues set up linearly and the team strengths were relatively settled between leagues, they can be fun in those context where the strongest teams are so far removed from the weak ones that it doesn't matter much, and it ends up being a nice boost for the plucky team who makes a run from the bottom.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Was hoping to get either of my forwards a little further with a last day beating, but I'll take the two midfielders getting up to +6. This might be my best DV season ever?

Depending on whether I get any doubles, whether Linford fails to skill up at all, and if anyone is retiring, going to have to think hard about how I want to handle the market next week.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Two wins against a probably inactive manager and a draw for my maiden voyage, think I have successfully run this team into the ground lol. Don’t quite wrap my head around everything, hopefully I can improve on for next season

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
We’re hitting that sweet spot where the powerhouses will dominate for several seasons and if you aren’t on your way to that you should focus on youth again. With that, praying for a couple good jumps so I can start my climb to a solid group of mid 20s starters!

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Woohoo! I'm officially the poorest team in the league but at least I finished 1st.

I don't think I'll be able to repeat it next season, I spent most of my money on form training and I still ended up with some bad DV so I think it's time to sell a couple of my nerds to the salt mines.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

My wonder kid ended on +9 and my best player +8 so I'm happy there. Still a lot of work to be able to challenge next season in the big league...

I'm fairly poor too. Hoping for some bumper bonuses (a clean sweep maybe) to help set up next season.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
back to The Bad League for me, but I got some halfway decent DVs out of my younger players so hopefully this season didn't derail the ol' slow ramp-up

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Not too shabby.

Walamor
Dec 31, 2006

Fork 'em Devils!
Good job to Destrado for a very solid second place in Taupe B. Hopefully we don't crater immediately out of Retu like last season!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Okayish DV season. I kinda blanked at the end and let my assistant do 100% development for the last game, but forgot to swap to my 21/7 GK instead of my 19/5 that I never bothered to get rid of. Oops.

Saunders got injured early and I never really posted the results to get his form high. That's probably the worst result of the season for me. My 22/8 forward also had a rough season so he is definitely on the chopping block, though he was never destined for stardom. Everyone else is solid given how rough my results were in general. I spent a lot of money in form training!

In general, I'm a bit disappointed for a lousy performance this season, given that I was so close to Serie Goon promotion the series before. The competition got tougher and so I need to up my game for next time. Well played, everyone in RNB. Guess I get to terrorize Mr. Taupe for a bit.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 13, 2021

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

bees everywhere posted:

Woohoo! I'm officially the poorest team in the league but at least I finished 1st.

I don't think I'll be able to repeat it next season, I spent most of my money on form training and I still ended up with some bad DV so I think it's time to sell a couple of my nerds to the salt mines.

Congrats! Well deserved. Next season is going to be tight in Serie Goon.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
It’s never gonna win titles but it’s a solid core to work around, I hope!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Oh boy, 3 retirees this season, 2 of which I actively play. Looks like the club coffers are going to be needed after all.

e; Wow, no double jumps and 1 person didn't jump at all. That is a super disappointing change report.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

For all the work I tried to get Vincente up, not skilling up is aggravating. Other than that, a good enough report. Saunders not skilling up hurts, but having my other youth be a 20/8 as well is very encouraging. Everyone else is mostly trucking along at this point.

Time to buy a goal keeper!

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Dragongem posted:

For all the work I tried to get Vincente up, not skilling up is aggravating. Other than that, a good enough report. Saunders not skilling up hurts, but having my other youth be a 20/8 as well is very encouraging. Everyone else is mostly trucking along at this point.

Time to buy a goal keeper!

Your team scares me. Glad I’m stuck in bottom league!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Your team scares me. Glad I’m stuck in bottom league!

I have some very, very bad news about this

I just got relegated down to Mr. Taupe

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I'll be posting a new thread soon and I'm going to edit this post with the link

New thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3976480

bees everywhere fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 14, 2021

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
For anyone who hasn’t seen, season has started and first game is tomorrow.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Only took five seasons but I finally got promoted in this dead game!

*edit* which also means we are now in silly season so anyone can apply!

http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=461360

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Ugh. Came back from 5th at the halfway point in the season, to eventually miss out on the title by one goal goal difference! So so close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Going to be on vacation for about two weeks but my tactics are set up for the duration. I will respond harshly to soapings upon my return.