Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Alright Unicorn Power, one of us will take our first loss(or draw) this round. Then I get to go fight Norfolk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
Whoa this is a blast from the past. If anyone’s on the fence about playing go join up, it’s super easy and getting overly attached to your electronic sports people and yelling at friends about them is very fun.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Lil GuendoUzi Verts, what did your Goalkeeper do to get booked?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
I love seeing both sides with cheating=yes in the match report

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Elendil004 posted:

Lil GuendoUzi Verts, what did your Goalkeeper do to get booked?

Believe it was for arguing with the ref.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Woo I'm top of the table! Time to stagnate for a frustrating 2nd or 3rd finish by the end of the season.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Ahh yes, languishing in the bottom of the standings while desperately trying to get my young and untested players to suck less for later seasons. Just where I wanted to b... okay maybe not wanted to be but at least it's where I'm comfortable being

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I will join this league

Update: I will waitlist in this league

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 23, 2021

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Ahh yes, languishing in the bottom of the standings while desperately trying to get my young and untested players to suck less for later seasons. Just where I wanted to b... okay maybe not wanted to be but at least it's where I'm comfortable being

Honestly I don't want to be in Serie Goon next season. Hard to get good DV against better teams while you're getting beaten to a pulp and spending all your money on training. I have 1-2 too many prospects but otherwise my team is in decent shape I think. If i can manage to finish the season with decent money in the bank I'll be golden.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

This first season is great with how crappy the teams are. None of my older players are really worth the training fee so I decided to keep a wide bench and just play whoever is in form at the moment. Screw their DV, they'll be redundant in a couple seasons anyway.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

I don't know what I'm doing but I guess it's right.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Shadowlz posted:

I don't know what I'm doing but I guess it's right.

If this isn't a big flashing Soap Me sign I dunno what is

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Hey now, I'm just the best manager. Norfolk has the best team.

e: Started in a official league just for shits and wow I got the shittiest team what the gently caress.

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 23, 2021

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Wow, not a single player on that team is salvageable or even worth a dime on the transfer market. You might as well hire a team of 18/4's and sack the rest. Option B: resign and then take over a vacant team with a high squad value, sell off the older players and buy some youth, keeping a few mil in the bank for the future.

Uzh
Sep 27, 2003
Monkey lover

Shadowlz posted:

Alright Unicorn Power, one of us will take our first loss(or draw) this round. Then I get to go fight Norfolk.

poo poo. I'm gonna get creamed.
Not sure how I've won all my game until now.
It was good while it lasted.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Wish I would have seen this a few weeks back, had been thinking about old X11 days and had an urge to dive back in.

Sent in an application for Real Norwich FC if things open back up. Can't wait to turn a 16/4 into a 20/7.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
How long does it take for a player to go from Compatibility: Fair to good or excellent?

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

ephex posted:

How long does it take for a player to go from Compatibility: Fair to good or excellent?

I'm not sure exactly but it was recently changed, this was what the developer said about it:

quote:

The speed the compatibility change happens has been increased by 20%. This is not a linear function either and with an added random factor, so you won't see your players move forwards to excellent at a steady pace.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

bees everywhere posted:

I'm not sure exactly but it was recently changed, this was what the developer said about it:

This is good to know because I have picked up a few players with meh compatibility and remember it taking loving forever. Part of my season 2 "rebuild" after looking at who jumped was going to be "okay who acutally likes eachother" before I started jettisoning failed prospects into the sun.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

bees everywhere posted:

Thank you!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ah yes a 35/14 fragile moody diva midfielder

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I never even factor compatibility in to my buying. By the time the players are useful to the team it should have levelled out.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Uzh posted:

poo poo. I'm gonna get creamed.
Not sure how I've won all my game until now.
It was good while it lasted.

Maybe not, I'm fielding the younglings for some of that sweet sweet experience.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

ephex posted:

1-2 seasons per jump in my experience.

Elendil004 posted:

Ah yes a 35/14 fragile moody diva midfielder

I too like to live dangerously.

---

Next match is in a bit over 12 hours - get your tactics and bets in.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

You were robbed Bucketybuck. Not sure how I squeaked in 3 goals against very defensive when you picked my playmaker

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
2nd game out of four where a last minute ref decision goes against me and makes my team lose. That sucks!

At least I get another home game finally! 3 away games in a row is rough.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
drat, I got thrashed.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

You and me Rapner, for the top.

e: My first match in the official league...

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 25, 2021

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bilbao Baggins absolutely trashed my form with 10 loving chances. I am officially broke.

e; Oh yeah an 18/4 playing at an 8 while being playmaker will do that. Enjoy your DV.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Feb 25, 2021

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

This next round should also be good for Retu Nagele A, with all of the top 4 teams playing against each other.

I read somewhere that each team has a hidden "home advantage" stat, so you could be +10% in home games but then -10% in away games, or +15%/-15%, etc. So far I have won 3 home games with crazy scorelines and then lost my only away game so I'm wondering if I have a big number in there or if I've just been lucky with players & tactics. Either way, it's probably not a great idea to bet on me in the pools this week since I'll be visiting Old Man and the FC.

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma

Dragongem posted:

2nd game out of four where a last minute ref decision goes against me and makes my team lose. That sucks!

At least I get another home game finally! 3 away games in a row is rough.

You got jobbed in our fixture agreed, that pen seemed unfair right before the whistle. Good tactics on your side though.

Edit: Also, holy poo poo if this isn't an awesome nostalgia thread. Hi to all the old names I remember!

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?

ephex posted:

drat, I got thrashed.

Sorry :(

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.

bees everywhere posted:

This next round should also be good for Retu Nagele A, with all of the top 4 teams playing against each other.

I read somewhere that each team has a hidden "home advantage" stat, so you could be +10% in home games but then -10% in away games, or +15%/-15%, etc. So far I have won 3 home games with crazy scorelines and then lost my only away game so I'm wondering if I have a big number in there or if I've just been lucky with players & tactics. Either way, it's probably not a great idea to bet on me in the pools this week since I'll be visiting Old Man and the FC.
That's an impressive goal differential you have going there!

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Jive Turkey posted:

Edit: Also, holy poo poo if this isn't an awesome nostalgia thread. Hi to all the old names I remember!

Yeah, thanks for starting it back up Rapner! I was pretty happy to find I still had my old team logo collecting dust on my hard drive, complete with the est. 2013 banner (which seemed really stupid at the time).

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Shadowlz posted:

You and me Rapner, for the top.

e: My first match in the official league...

Jesus loving christ I thought that was your Serie Goon team, I just about had a kitten.

bees everywhere posted:

Yeah, thanks for starting it back up Rapner! I was pretty happy to find I still had my old team logo collecting dust on my hard drive, complete with the est. 2013 banner (which seemed really stupid at the time).

I'm loving it too! This is the best.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Rapner posted:

Jesus loving christ I thought that was your Serie Goon team, I just about had a kitten.

I wish. Its my first opponent in League of Champs. Pretty unfair if you ask me.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Shadowlz posted:

I wish. Its my first opponent in League of Champs. Pretty unfair if you ask me.

Sounds like someone who has been relegated, likely for inactivity. There is usually one per league. It's tough but if they don't set tactics you might be able to read previous tactic reports and see what their default tactic is, and exploit it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

How the gently caress do the Sheds still have money to pick up a 32/13 midfielder. My double header against them is going to loving hurt.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Got a miracle win but still have to focus on raising the kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
He basically cost me my week's income.

Most of my "value" is sitting in a 17/4.

And I hadn't checked my team this afternoon. I take it I won him then? 🤣