Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Masonity posted:

He basically cost me my week's income.

Most of my "value" is sitting in a 17/4.

And I hadn't checked my team this afternoon. I take it I won him then? 🤣

I completely forgot there was a delay in when you win and get a player, so I doubled up on a few prospects. Wasted some money and spread some DV thin, think this is a case where "if you get injured you're gone". Bought a couple of vets for relatively cheap who I will probably grind to dust. Really only going to train my prospects with the best DV for the rest of the season and go shopping before next season starts in earnest based on my change report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I tried to sell my prospect but no-one bit. I've gone for a "buy results short term, hope the long term looks after itself" approach which will serve me well for a season or two then see me tumble down the divisions once it catches up with me.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Fuckin possession almost the whole game, other teams good GK red carded out how the gently caress couldn't we score a single goddamn goal. Is there a button to fire your team into the sun?

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

No, but you could always channel that rage into writing a humorous press release so we can all enjoy a hearty chuckle.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

bees everywhere posted:

No, but you could always channel that rage into writing a humorous press release so we can all enjoy a hearty chuckle.

I already got my money this week where's your humorous press release?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

This is my brand new official league team, I bought some olds for cheap too (goalkeeper was only like 600k) any tips?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

bees everywhere posted:

This next round should also be good for Retu Nagele A, with all of the top 4 teams playing against each other.

I read somewhere that each team has a hidden "home advantage" stat, so you could be +10% in home games but then -10% in away games, or +15%/-15%, etc. So far I have won 3 home games with crazy scorelines and then lost my only away game so I'm wondering if I have a big number in there or if I've just been lucky with players & tactics. Either way, it's probably not a great idea to bet on me in the pools this week since I'll be visiting Old Man and the FC.
I'm concerned about this match too, >4 GF/match versus <1 GA/match is a hard call, and tactics reports cut into funding dirty tricks aimed at other divisions, so...

Ostentatious posted:

This is my brand new official league team, I bought some olds for cheap too (goalkeeper was only like 600k) any tips?
Hokwon and Gugae might be worth keeping in the long term but phase the rest of the starters out so 19/5 20/6s can benefit from those mentors you brought in. Enjoy your cup run before you get run over by a team of average 14 skill mutants

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

tomanton posted:

I'm concerned about this match too, >4 GF/match versus <1 GA/match is a hard call, and tactics reports cut into funding dirty tricks aimed at other divisions, so...

Hokwon and Gugae might be worth keeping in the long term but phase the rest of the starters out so 19/5 20/6s can benefit from those mentors you brought in. Enjoy your cup run before you get run over by a team of average 14 skill mutants

oh you mean my LITERAL FIRST MATCH THATS AGAINST A DIVISION TWO TEAM thanks but I think I have a pretty good shot

I mean the squad value difference is 3 million to 115 million but what matters is that we play with heart and believe in ourselves

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

oh you mean my LITERAL FIRST MATCH THATS AGAINST A DIVISION TWO TEAM thanks but I think I have a pretty good shot

I mean the squad value difference is 3 million to 115 million but what matters is that we play with heart and believe in ourselves

4-5-1, Very Defensive, Bruise.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Nephzinho posted:

How the gently caress do the Sheds still have money to pick up a 32/13 midfielder. My double header against them is going to loving hurt.

soap soap soap

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

We're two or three weeks in and I've been soaped twice already. One missed, the other caught a decent enough player. But didn't hurt results, as I shuffle my team / formation game by game anyway.

Save your soap for other, closer rivals who you have a chance of beating, and just resign yourselves to the fact I'm winning rnC by game 12, and will treat the last two games as a victory parade.

Give the Sheds soap, we make soapade.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Masonity posted:

We're two or three weeks in and I've been soaped twice already. One missed, the other caught a decent enough player. But didn't hurt results, as I shuffle my team / formation game by game anyway.

Save your soap for other, closer rivals who you have a chance of beating, and just resign yourselves to the fact I'm winning rnC by game 12, and will treat the last two games as a victory parade.

Give the Sheds soap, we make soapade.

Oh no wonder you have money, you haven't really bought much and had a decent enough starting roster. I haven't spent more than like 200k on anyone, but my original team had almost literally no one usable. At this point training is more of an investment than the player themselves, so I'm just kind of yolo'ing with form.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

Oh no wonder you have money, you haven't really bought much and had a decent enough starting roster. I haven't spent more than like 200k on anyone, but my original team had almost literally no one usable. At this point training is more of an investment than the player themselves, so I'm just kind of yolo'ing with form.

I had a few okay players in my starting squad. Of my 21 players, 11 are starting squad, 2 youths and 8 purchased in. I also bought in some pretty decent (better than any starting players) 68k & 97k transfers to fill in the squad. I'd say it's more down to the <100k bargains I picked up than it is a great starting squad.

Edit: drat, the squad you posted on page 1, was that starting or post spending all your money? Because I'd have killed to have that as a starting squad!

Masonity fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 27, 2021

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Masonity posted:

I had a few okay players in my starting squad. Of my 21 players, 11 are starting squad, 2 youths and 8 purchased in. I also bought in some pretty decent (better than any starting players) 68k & 97k transfers to fill in the squad. I'd say it's more down to the <100k bargains I picked up than it is a great starting squad.

Edit: drat, the squad you posted on page 1, was that starting or post spending all your money? Because I'd have killed to have that as a starting squad!

That was after spending all my initial money. I've added a couple of veterans since then as able, along with a little form training for the more promising prospects. At this point I'm about at the chaos reigns point of saving cash and letting form be form and see who thrives and is worth investing in next season while everyone else is sacked or sold before rounding out the squad.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Anyone really struggling and would like some detailed advice on their team/tactics?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I'm pretty blah about one of my other private league teams right now, they've been promoted 12 or 13 times in a row but i dunno.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Next match is in 6 hours, get your tactics in. Not you Bromo-Dragonflies!

:getin: Just don't dig near our secret underground lab where we are trying to re-create Uwe Mehle.

Rapner fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 1, 2021

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Marked your playmaker, you missed mine, I had 8 chances to your 3 and we tied. Unbelievable. I was robbed. ROBBED!

Also I didn't know 0 skill was possible.

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 1, 2021

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Balamb FC's ambitious climb to the middle of the table is all going according to plan.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
hmmmmmm

losing 4-1 at home especially when you prepped for the opponent's formation is... worrying

think I need to buy a couple super old ringers to balance the age out

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

I love writing these press releases.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Looks like Sheds of Grey is the last team to keep their winning streak going. Also they now have the highest goal differential, beating mine by one goal. :bahgawd:

When does the press release bonus reset, is it on Tuesday nights like the sponsor bonus?

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
feck

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

bees everywhere posted:

Looks like Sheds of Grey is the last team to keep their winning streak going. Also they now have the highest goal differential, beating mine by one goal. :bahgawd:

When does the press release bonus reset, is it on Tuesday nights like the sponsor bonus?
5 or 6 days after your last press release, IIRC.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

tomanton posted:

5 or 6 days after your last press release, IIRC.

Last I looked it was one per week resetting on Mondays.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

bees everywhere posted:

And yet the game still claims I'm the top team in the division but only 11th overall. 🤬

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Shadowlz posted:

Marked your playmaker, you missed mine, I had 8 chances to your 3 and we tied. Unbelievable. I was robbed. ROBBED!

Yep, you definitely outplayed me. Your GK is a bit poo poo which doesn't help, I only need 3 chances to get a 2-2 draw.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Shadowlz posted:

Ye olde Sergio Ramos.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Rapner posted:

Yep, you definitely outplayed me. Your GK is a bit poo poo which doesn't help, I only need 3 chances to get a 2-2 draw.

Man, goalies are expensive doe.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Shadowlz posted:

I always get a youth goalie when starting a new team so that you never have to deal with one retiring and going back to square one with an otherwise prime team.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I know I set a win bonus, why does it say no under tactics?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Elendil004 posted:

I know I set a win bonus, why does it say no under tactics?

For some reason it doesn't show up during the game playback, but if you go to the match report it should show it.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Shadowlz posted:

I think I figured out how I did so well converting chances:

Looks like Diva and Moody both worked in my favor.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Just played this cup match. I managed a 0-0 draw and I red injured his best forward. He is active so I imagine he isn't too happy about it. I did buy a 33/10 moody 1on1 GK that played at 14 too so the 2 chances he got were blocked.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Shadowlz posted:

Just played this cup match. I managed a 0-0 draw and I red injured his best forward. He is active so I imagine he isn't too happy about it. I did buy a 33/10 moody 1on1 GK that played at 14 too so the 2 chances he got were blocked.

Did you just park the bus with a mil win bonus or ?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
It happens. I rage-sold my 29/15 official league keeper after a cup round where his back-to-back 0% save percentage saw us out-possess 61-39, out-chance 8-2 and lose 2-2 on an away goal.

tomanton fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 2, 2021

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

zero goals in five matches :toot: let's loving goooooooooooooooooo

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Not just 0 goals; 0 chances. What is going on over there :eyepop:

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Nephzinho posted:

Did you just park the bus with a mil win bonus or ?

Yep. Very defensive, bruise, 1mil win bonus. No reason for me to try so hard on the cup games but it's funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

tomanton posted:

Not just 0 goals; 0 chances. What is going on over there :eyepop: