Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

despite having never been there. FAHGETTABOUTTIT! as they say. In NYC (New York City) CONSTANTLY.

If you go you gotta have the chop cheese! It's kind of like a cheese plate but with more kind of roughly cut chunks of cheese of random sizes. It's a common hors d'oeuvre the working class enjoy with their lunches that they grab at the convenience stores around the many neighborhoods of the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
you have to go to the places that have a C+ or lower board of health rating posted in the window as they are guaranteed to have the best eats

alnilam

i love to get a slice of pizza ipe, at a bodega (pronounced bowed - gah)

ty manifisto

Prof. Crocodile

I tend to stick to the Village. I know there is theoretically better pizza in Brooklyn or better empanadas in Harlem or whatever, but since I'm normally just in NYC for the day I don't want to spend hours in transit, and the village always has plenty of cool places to see.

Grab some ramen, then hit up one of those weird little antiques shops, meet the weed guy in Washington Square, then go to a faux-dive bar that sells $15 cocktails. Good stuff.

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 25, 2021

google THIS

I forget which food you're supposed to fold in New York but I'm now guessing it isn't burritos

e: It also isn't ice cream cones

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
its the "new yorker hotdog", you fold it to break it in two, then use both hands to eat

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
if you want to order a normal hamburger in NY, you have to specifically ask for a "shifter". "hamburger" is actually commonly used as a derogatory term in the city

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Prof. Crocodile

Can I say that I am amazed/disgusted about how New Yorkers are absolutely fine with sitting inches away from a festering garbage can while they eat their meals? It's their most notable trait, imho.

alnilam

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Can I say that I am amazed/disgusted about how New Yorkers are absolutely fine with sitting inches away from a festering garbage can while they eat their meals?

show some respect those people paid a lot of money for front row home dugout seats at the yankees game hyooooo

ty manifisto

Chrs

New York City is well known for its famous deep dish pizzas.

Heather Papps

hello friend

wanna try some of that pizza rat famous 'za

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Chrs

italian food is a cuisine consisting of the ingredients, recipes and cooking techniques developed across the Little Italy neighbourhood in New York City

google THIS

Wait, that's it! Cheesecake is what you're supposed to fold

e: nm

google THIS fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 26, 2021

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The best pizza in NYC comes from the pizza man himself, Papa John Schnatter, notable famous NY-style pizza expert.

The Walrus Cancer

If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Cause we'd be trees.
As per local custom, whenever I am in the NYC, I refrain from sleeping until after I leave.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

"HEY I AM WALKING HERE" I scream at the man waiting in line at the Dichter's.

google THIS

Sinatra basically admitted that New York is the hardest city in the world to make it in

google THIS

nut

I like the Staten Island endless pasta bowel

Macnult

alt girl in a Duff’s beanie telling me about the ‘real’ culture & cuisine of new york city, which ends up just being a tour of bushwick/williamsburg

Macnult

turning into a brooklyn hipster legend by saying “bacon egg and cheese on a bagel” like i’m from the bronx

Escape From Noise

They call it a Bronx cheer because everyone from the Bronx is always really upbeat.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I can't wait to go back to The Big Apple, the most famous apple in New York because it is so big

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gonna take a bite of the big apple brb

google THIS

Wait, is NYC is the FYAD of cities?

Macnult

google THIS posted:

Wait, is NYC is the FYAD of cities?

that’s toronto, where they’re all located

Escape From Noise

Macnult posted:

that’s toronto, where they’re all located

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOJemHKzRQY

Prof. Crocodile

Not sure about all of you, but I am in a New York state of mind right now.

This means I am going to open a fusion restaurant that awkwardly combined 3 types of food that don't really go together, get some rave reviews in publications that are only circulated within NYC, get featured on the Food Network, then go out of business in a month when my rent gets raised 500%.

alnilam

Kief Richards posted:

Gonna take a bite of the big apple brb

save some for the rest of us pls

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Manhattan clam chowder is made with fish, but its like a clam in that it's eaten cold and has a clammy texture.

alnilam

Opening a restaurant inside the hollowed tunnels within the big apple. All of the dishes are apple based and we cut into the apple to make them. As we do so we make more room thus more tables and more patrons hence more apple served hence faster expansion etc. until of course there is no apple left and we must close. This tragic allegory represents the ever upward march of rent that destroys us all, but also very literally real because the big apple is real

nut

can’t wait to make my dreams in this concrete castle

Prof. Crocodile

b-y-o-b
the forum that's like what posts are made of

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

Opening a restaurant inside the hollowed tunnels within the big apple. All of the dishes are apple based and we cut into the apple to make them. As we do so we make more room thus more tables and more patrons hence more apple served hence faster expansion etc. until of course there is no apple left and we must close. This tragic allegory represents the ever upward march of rent that destroys us all, but also very literally real because the big apple is real

Big Apple update: I have tunneled my way inside the apple, and will surely die, this is a lot of fiber and sugar at once

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

Big Apple update: I have tunneled my way inside the apple, and will surely die, this is a lot of fiber and sugar at once

Ey! Maurice! Gimme da fibah! Eyyyyy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
i have been to new york one time, and it was excellent. here's my food trip report:

i got a slice of pizza somewhere in little italy. the guy at the counter kept asking if i was famous, because he recognized me from somewhere. he didn't believe me when i told him that i wasn't famous, he thought i was just being shy. i wasn't being entirely honest, because i do run a star wars board game meme page

chelsea market is the old nabisco building, where oreos were invented. i didn't know when i was going there for a burrito that i was actually embarking on a pilgrimage to a holy site

there's a place called xi'an famous foods that does hand stretched noodles and chinese food and it is one of my favorite things i have ever eaten in my life